Speed up your CPU ?

Saw this video on Youtube.

It seems to work.

You may want to give it a try, although I suggest setting a System Restore point, first.

Yes -- I know that this TheoJoe character has posted fake videos in the past, but this seems genuine.

You decide ... I posted my Results below.

Benchmark1.jpg

lol let me guess, Parked Cores? oh what, they are disabled you say? This kid doesn't understand how things work and is only doing stuff like this to get youtube views. Nice, all of his videos are garbage "How to Get Unlimited Cell Data for Free (Any Carrier or Phone)", "How to Get Free Cable (All Channels)", and "How to Get an Xbox One S for Free" etc.  What a jerk.

Might need to move this to Jokes and Funny Stuff

• Like 2

Another stupid guide to supposedly get something for free. Just like that other stupid video you shared of a guy in India using Amazon's cloud to get fast internet.

It is common knowledge that Windows sees hyper threading threads as logical processors. Just because the terminology of MSCONFIG is outdated - equating threads with processors - doesn't mean you're "unlocking cores". That measly "performance increase" is just from basically forcing Windows to spread out the work load across all threads whether or not it is actually beneficial to the task at hand. 

5 minutes ago, Nik Louch said:

You've been around the block enough to know when someone is full of garbage or not, and yet recently... 

No he hasn't. This isn't the first time he's posted "guides" like this. His ignorance is real and irreparable. Perpetuating crap like this gets on my nerves.

I actually tried it.  The Settings he talked about are there.

I have an AMD CPU, not Intel.

So my System Config had 0-7 logical cores.

I did seem to get some speed boost, or I would not have posted this.

As I said,TheoJoe has posted non-sense videos.

Hopefully someone with an Intel PC will try this and give us the results.

1 minute ago, Hum said:

What benchmarks did you run before using said tweak? Did you run it once, or 3 or 4 times to get an average baseline? Did you run those exact same benchmarks after the tweak was applied and more than once?

6 minutes ago, Hum said:

Exactly. His results, before and after, are within acceptable margins for benchmarks. It is negligible.

Further, benchmark results are one thing. Real-world is another. Forcing all processes across all threads is NOT beneficial to all work loads. It's best to let Windows manage the threads.

9 minutes ago, Hum said:

This is snake oil. Msconfig is so you can limit cores. Automatic uses all of them. Redundant cores LOL. Threads != cores. 

I have a 5960x at work. I assure you, without any modifications I can see and use all 8 cores (shows as 16).  The other 8 are HT. 

You are right. His video is non-sense. 

Intel Patents Redundant Cores In a Many-Core Processor

To alleviate failure concerns, the patent covers an approach of core management, which is heavily focused on temperature monitoring of the individual cores: "Because many semiconductor failure mechanisms are expressed at elevated temperatures, temperature thus has a direct bearing on core MTTF [mean time to failure] and many-core reliability," the patent document explains. "If the temperature cannot be decreased, a many-core processor would activate spare cores to protect both the possibly failing core as well as neighboring cores. Both failed and spare cores are described to "absorb heat generated by active cores, driving the temperatures on the active cores down."

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-patent-many-core-processor-multicore,14205.html

1 minute ago, Hum said:

Intel Patents Redundant Cores In a Many-Core Processor

To alleviate failure concerns, the patent covers an approach of core management, which is heavily focused on temperature monitoring of the individual cores: "Because many semiconductor failure mechanisms are expressed at elevated temperatures, temperature thus has a direct bearing on core MTTF [mean time to failure] and many-core reliability," the patent document explains. "If the temperature cannot be decreased, a many-core processor would activate spare cores to protect both the possibly failing core as well as neighboring cores. Both failed and spare cores are described to "absorb heat generated by active cores, driving the temperatures on the active cores down."

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-patent-many-core-processor-multicore,14205.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/4tz2o7/hoax_guy_shows_how_to_enable_redundant_cores_in/

Instead of trying to find reasons why this "TJ" might be right, try just researching simultaneous multithreading (SMT). Intel has been doing it for a long time and AMD's bulldozer processors started using it too.

OMG, this is a funny one :D

@Hum is just doing this for the Lulz. Even the guy making these videos knows they are jokes.

I'm a tech enthusiast who likes to make weird stuff that confuses people.

Here you'll find ABSURD humor videos, sarcastic jokes, and parodies.

2 minutes ago, Hum said:

Well if it is a hoax, then someone with an Intel computer try it, and prove that it is.

I'm a tech enthusiast who likes to make weird stuff that confuses people.

Here you'll find ABSURD humor videos, sarcastic jokes, and parodies.

From HIS OWN CHANNEL.

41 minutes ago, Hum said:

Well if it is a hoax, then someone with an Intel computer try it, and prove that it is.

What would doing this with an Intel CPU prove? :s

38 minutes ago, Hum said:

What did that prove -- some guy that can barely speak English jabbers non-sense. :pinch:

Really? Really?! It is his own video on his front page. It is what his channel is all about - nonsense just like you said.

Sand

--------------

Head

5 minutes ago, Hum said:

What did that prove -- some guy that can barely speak English jabbers non-sense. :pinch:

He is hosting that video on his channel and making it clear it is a parody channel. You cannot be as dense as you are portraying yourself.

5 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

What would doing this with an Intel CPU prove? :s

Intel makes the redundant core CPUs.

If the steps work, then there should be a significant speed up.

If there is not, it would prove the video to be non-sense.

5 minutes ago, Hum said:

I posted a link to a Reddit thread all about how this is a hoax. I'm not wasting my time doing this and making screenshots to prove it to you. The technology simply doesn't work the way TJ says it does.

1 minute ago, Hum said:

They don't work.

They.do.nothing.

As for redundant cores--show me one consumer CPU with them.

4 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

I posted a link to a Reddit thread all about how this is a hoax. I'm not wasting my time doing this and making screenshots to prove it to you.

Reddit link proves nothing.

And as I said in the first post, YOU decide.

3 minutes ago, Hum said:

And as I said n the first post, YOU decide.

There's nothing to decide. Reality doesn't care about opinions.

Why don't you care that TJ's channel is parody?