How old is the data backup poll on the front page? Idea to revitalize it.

I've been wondering the best way to ask this, but I don't think it's changed since I joined Neowin.

I'm sure you guys are just super busy with other things and the poll is just low priority. But I think polls are cool and add a kind of interaction with the site that takes less effort than commenting in articles or participating in the forums, and as you know, site participation brings people back.

So I'm thinking, what if we had a poll forum, and polls approved by the moderators/staff could go into a queue. There are a lot of good questions that would be relevant to Neowinians. Have you seen/what do you think about Suicide Squad? Ditto, for No Man's Sky? Are you planning on buying the Skyrim remaster? Have you upgraded to Windows 10's Anniversary Update yet? Will your next phone run Windows? And so on. 

Good point, but building a connection to the polls in the forum is too much work. I could have a look and replicate it on the Main page.

Thing is, Windows Updates and what phone you are using have been on the main page all too often, so I guess we ran out of ideas :p I will have a think and update it.

slightly off-topic but still with the front page poll

when you select an option on the poll the results do not give any indication to what option YOU selected. the results highlight the most popular option but after you select your option there's no visual queue for that option on the results as you would think there should be.

On 8/18/2016 at 2:03 PM, Brandon H said:

slightly off-topic but still with the front page poll

when you select an option on the poll the results do not give any indication to what option YOU selected. the results highlight the most popular option but after you select your option there's no visual queue for that option on the results as you would think there should be.

I reported this :)