Can the politics forum be hidden from guests or even better removed?

3 minutes ago, Random Cannabanoid said:

Dude your first comment in here was political.

You keep using that word like it has some relevance or is an insult.

You can sing it if you want to. Go ahead.

fhSTifZ.png

My first comment in here was political? Uh,LOL. 

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

Not really. The forums here are like most sites; money sinks. The front page articles are what really matter. Only one has been political so far--hopefully that never happens again. 

What really hurts Neowin is the lower quality articles of late along with the apathy towards fixing the commenting system. Their loss I guess. 

Maybe you just don't know what he word political means in the context it is being used. 

4 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

The mini spy filter I mentioned a few posts ago filters the community activity area on the front page too!

i must be blind cause I can't see it, do you have a screenshot maybe?

5 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

I announced it and everything! 

Any ideas how we can adjust it to make it more discoverable would be greatly received though!

To be completely honest, I'm following the instructions in that post, but none of the filter stuff is there.  Does it only appear on the light theme by any chance?

4 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

The mini spy filter I mentioned a few posts ago filters the community activity area on the front page too!

i must be blind cause I can't see it, do you have a screenshot maybe?

6 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

Any ideas how we can adjust it to make it more discoverable would be greatly received though!

NSFW Filter Enabled is white text like everything else on the page, it blends in. Probably after 100 years I wouldn't of noticed it there by myself.

Needs a different color. Maybe just the text in Red. But if Black/white or Blue/white are the color scheme, it needs to be neither of those.

Just now, Random Cannabanoid said:

4dmcGqk.png

That's the NSFW filter - which won't hide the off-topic threads. If you see the thread I linked to in my previous posts, there's an icon on each forum listing, underneath the post count for that forum, which enables you to completely customise which forums you see in the MiniSpy area.

spy_filter.PNG.cdb5450d2cb7ff6d522418877

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

You didn't come here to advance the understanding of this topic.

At least Gary7 has a purpose. He usually has the most effective point against mine even if I disagree, but it still gets respect.

You are just a troll. Up until now I thought you might actually have an altruistic goal. But you don't. You came here to attack me, with literally no other purpose.

1 minute ago, DaveLegg said:

That's the NSFW filter - which won't hide the off-topic threads. If you see the thread I linked to in my previous posts, there's an icon on each forum listing, underneath the post count for that forum, which enables you to completely customise which forums you see in the MiniSpy area.

It is not on The Darkside THeme,

3 minutes ago, Random Cannabanoid said:

You didn't come here to advance the understanding of this topic.

At least Gary7 has a purpose. He usually has the most effective point against mine even if I disagree, but it still gets respect.

You are just a troll. Up until now I thought you might actually have an altruistic goal. But you don't. You came here to attack me, with literally no other purpose.

I was in this thread conversing with others before you  so don't think you are special enough to warrant me coming to a thread just for you. 

Nice deflection after claiming I was making political comments and having nothing to back it up:laugh:

8 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

It is not on The Darkside THeme,

Ok, I'll get that sorted this weekend! In the mean time, you can switch to the regular theme, set your filters, and switch back I guess. I'll get it sorted though!

Edit: Toggle is now present on Darkside!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

Ohh. Thank you.

And wow, I would of never guessed that was related to what it does.

9 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

Ok, I'll get that sorted this weekend! In the mean time, you can switch to the regular theme, set your filters, and switch back I guess. I'll get it sorted though!

I do not need the filter anyway.. Thanks But I am sure others using the DS do. I can see the green eye now.:)

4 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I was in this thread conversing with others before you  so don't think you are special enough to warrant me coming to a thread just for you. 

Nice deflection after claiming I was making political comments and having nothing to back it up:laugh:

Nothing to back it up?

It is called not giving a crap about your point.

Since you have to have the last words, I will bow out now.

Have fun with whatever seemingly perfect point you have to make.

5 minutes ago, kalel83 said:

Nothing to back it up?

It is called not giving a crap about your point.

Since you have to have the last words, I will bow out now.

Have fun with whatever seemingly perfect point you have to make.

I wasn't talking to you in that post.  You already made the hypocrisy of your stance in this thread clear enough that there is nothing else to say. Thank you for the last word, yep I will take it knowing that I'm done making my point with you. 

15 minutes ago, Random Cannabanoid said:

Ohh. Thank you.

And wow, I would of never guessed that was related to what it does.

I've updated it with some text to make it clearer what it does

6 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

I've updated it with some text to make it clearer what it does

If you get quoted in a thread you have disabled viability for, it gives you a notification.

Seems logical to me that is I disable a part of the forum, people quoting me inside it shouldn't notify me at all.

1 minute ago, kalel83 said:

If you get quoted in a thread you have disabled viability for, it gives you a notification.

Seems logical to me that is I disable a part of the forum, people quoting me inside it shouldn't notify me at all.

It's a filter for the minispy, nothing more than that. The mini spy is something we've added to the forums ourselves, and is easy for us to customise in this manner. Disabling notifications for quotes and things like that would mean making changes to the core of the forum software - something we try to avoid as much as possible, as doing so makes upgrades between versions much more painful

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

I do not see it I guess you did not do the DS?

The change is in the JS, which is shared between the two. You probably just need to ctrl+f5 (I've checked, it does appear on Darkside)

I'm going to clean this thread. Can we please stay to the topic at hand rather than taking jabs at one another?

I know that the darkside theme has been missing the ability to ignore sections, but DaveLegg is on it. While we appreciate the feedback, there's no need to take digs at one another at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I'm going to clean this thread. Can we please stay to the topic at hand rather than taking jabs at one another?

I know that the darkside theme has been missing the ability to ignore sections, but DaveLegg is on it. While we appreciate the feedback, there's no need to take digs at one another at the same time.

Already fixed Nick ;)

5 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

The change is in the JS, which is shared between the two. You probably just need to ctrl+f5 (I've checked, it does appear on Darkside)

I see it know but I wonder if you can do one more thing. When I click on a thread in the mini spy it takes me to the first page, can you change that so it goes to the last page. This is particularly annoying when one is trying to get to the Funndy Pictures thread...ETC. Thanks.

• Nick H. locked this topic