Their deaths were..  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Their deaths were..

• Accidental
    • Coincidence
    • a Curse (the "Lee Curse")
    • Murder (cover-up)
    • Unknown

Not a much talked about topic, but here goes. Bruce & Brandon Lee were both rising stars and died relatively young during their acting carrears. Both died on the set of a film (if I recall correctly). I won't go into too much, since you probably already know enough about them.

But anyhow, what do you guys think of this? Was their death purely accidental? or was it something else?

Some say it was the "Lee" curse.. some say it was a Murder (carried out by the chinese Triad).. and some say it was purely coincidental..

Let's Here It!

Bruce lee died after being given some "tablets" for a headache he had - bradon was shot with a single live round in a gun on the set, the only live raound in the einter clip if i remember reading right - bit suspect both deaths IMHO :whistle:

Bruce lee died after being given some "tablets" for a headache he had - bradon was shot with a single live round in a gun on the set, the only live raound in the einter clip if i remember reading right - bit suspect both deaths IMHO :whistle:

Ooh - ya.

Both murdered. The curse made a handy superstition excuse. I mean come on. There must have been lots of shady people who wanted Lee dead for teaching Americans of all colors the ancient arts as well as his own art derived from it.

Both murdered. The curse made a handy superstition excuse. I mean come on. There must have been lots of shady people who wanted Lee dead for teaching Americans of all colors the ancient arts as well as his own art derived from it.

Yeah - I couldn't think of anyone who would want him dead (after all, he was many peoples' hero). But you're right.

kill this thread and let the two men rest in peace

Nothing wrong with this thread, if you don't like it, go away. :angry:

They are already resting in peace and this thread is in no way meant to be disrespectful.

Nothing wrong with this thread, if you don't like it, go away. :angry:

They are already resting in peace and this thread is in no way meant to be disrespectful.

Yeah - this thread is, in a way, a memorial to them. :yes:

Yeah - I couldn't think of anyone who would want him dead (after all, he was many peoples' hero). But you're right.

Of course I'm right. Have you ever heard of a curse that makes a gun loaded with something that was supposed to be filled with blanks in a studio that should have have no mistakes at all in years of filmaking? Hell no. Brandon Lee was killed cuz of some guy posing as a studio worker who just smuggled something like a bullet and forced it into the gun somehow. Read it yourself from the report.

"A few minutes before the fatal scene where Brandon Lee was shot, the actor Michael Massee (who played Funboy) pointed the actual .44 Magnum at Lee in order to save time. After these trial scenes, the man in charge of accessories (the 'propsmaster'), 'Mr. X', filled the Magnum with blanks, but forgot to check the barrel. (Apparently, the armsmaster whose job this was, was away from the set for the day).

Now, a few days earlier, not having any such blanks, a DIY guy had emptied out real bullets to use in their place. When fired, a light detonation, due to the remainder of powder, forced a piece of cartridge into the barrel, henceforth it blocked. As nobody took the trouble to check and clean the gun, it was in this state that the .44 Magnum came to be used in the scene. "

Gangsters like Chinese triads arent afraid to kill anybody, whether its cops, children, etc. When they kill you, they take out family too. All it would take is a lot of money from some society devoted to the martial arts, angered at his teaching abroad and his phenomenal success and pioneersmanship, and bam, he's dead at 32, and his son at a close age, 28.

"The facts of the case are this: Lee died after falling into a coma. The coroner's report was inconclusive, and medical authorities came up with five reasons for Lee's untimely death. However, they all agreed that it was caused by a cerebral edema (a swelling of the brain caused by a congestion of fluid). But what caused the edema became a matter of speculation. For the most part, the course of events on that fateful July day in 1973 can be pieced together. According to Lee's wife, Linda, Bruce met film producer Raymond Chow at 2 p.m. at home to discuss the making of Game of Death. They worked until 4 p.m., and then drove together to the home of Betty Tingpei, a Taiwanese actress who was to also have a leading role in the film. The three went over the script at Tingpei's home, and then Chow left to attend a dinner meeting.

"A short time later, Lee complained of a headache and Tingpei gave him a tablet of Equagesic?a kind of super sapirin. Apart from that, Lee reportedly consumed nothing but a couple of soft drinks.

At around 7:30 p.m., Lee lay down for a nap and was still asleep when Chow called to ask why he and Tingpei had not yet shown up for dinner as planned. The actress told Chow she could not wake Lee. The ensuing autopsy found traces of cannabis in Lee's stomach, but the significance of this discovery is debatable. Some believe the cannabis caused a chemical reaction that led to the cerebral edema, but the coroner's inquiry refutes this theory. In fact, one doctor was quoted as saying that the cannabis being in Lee's stomach was "no more significant than if Bruce had drunk a cup of tea that day."