Kaspersky and spying for Russian Federation

11 hours ago, Alejandro779 said:

You dont undestand an a idea. 

If you visiting www.Santander-bank.com it will say STOP, instead of original santanderbank.com

And it checking ANY JS scripts of any hosts to worry you if host been hacked. As again STOP you paranoia and disable kaspersky at network setting if you dont like it.

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/9007#block2

What you are saying is irrelevant and have little to do with the topic, because we are not talking about how Kaspersy is preventing browser from accessing phishing sites. Main topic is that injection scripts use live links which DNS records which points outside. Any person with basic security knowledge should understand how flawed this solution is.

11 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Oh man, just when I think I have seen all the crazy neowin has to offer...

I doubt that most people saw crazy things. Problem with people who grow up in safe environment is, that most of them are quite naive and can't believe that somebody would act in an irrational way. This is the reason why you see people who say "I can't believe; he could not hurt a fly" about a terrorist or a shooter who just slaughtered masses of people. This is the reason why a lot of people got killed by Nazis and ISIS, because they could not believed that they could reason their way out with the invaders.  Russians are voting into highest power crazy people (like Владимир Жириновский) who are openly encouraging to drop nuclear bombs on European countries on prime TV and Radio channels:

And this is still "mild crazy" by comparison what some people are doing in the world. According to some statistics sociopaths make up to four percent. You can find them in powerful positions, making decisions, naive people can't believe.

Kaspersky's implementation is not irrational, it is just what I expect from people who are trying to get advantage at expense of privacy of others.

The crazy is mixed in with the rational, but make no miatake, this thread is full of it. 

If if you want people to buy what you are selling, take the conspiracy theory content down a few notches and just stick with what you know to be true. There is a reason why so few have supported what you are saying in this thread. 

1 hour ago, EJocys said:

I doubt that most people saw crazy things. Problem with people who grow up in safe environment is, that most of them are quite naive and can't believe that somebody would act in an irrational way. This is the reason why you see people who say "I can't believe; he could not hurt a fly" about a terrorist or a shooter who just slaughtered masses of people. This is the reason why a lot of people got killed by Nazis and ISIS, because they could not believed that they could reason their way out with the invaders.  Russians are voting into highest power crazy people (like Владимир Жириновский) who are openly encouraging to drop nuclear bombs on European countries on prime TV and Radio channels:

And this is still "mild crazy" by comparison what some people are doing in the world. According to some statistics sociopaths make up to four percent. You can find them in powerful positions, making decisions, naive people can't believe.

Kaspersky's implementation is not irrational, it is just what I expect from people who are trying to get advantage at expense of privacy of others.

I understand with what you are saying, and agree with a bit of it.

The "crazy" comment is based on this:

So what ?  Change AV software

If they are doing something nefarious - go elsewhere.. unless Putin has made Kaspersky the national AV platform for all товарищ (comrades)

My 1st thought after seeing this was -  "why is that person even using KAV ?  This isnt 2010."

Now - I can certainly appreciate the diligence of someone taking their time and actively investigating the underpinnings of the software... to a certain extent.

The guys who made that stuff were pretty smart - they arent going to make it easy to uncover their evil plot to spy on all of Mother Russia nay the world...

So - move along - nothing to see her folks - move along

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

The crazy is mixed in with the rational, but make no miatake, this thread is full of it. 

If if you want people to buy what you are selling, take the conspiracy theory content down a few notches and just stick with what you know to be true. There is a reason why so few have supported what you are saying in this thread. 

Conspiracy would be if there was no evidence to support it. Evidence clearly shows that web brower gets instructions from Kaspersky to send personal data to a remote location registered in Moscow (screenshot with logs is provided in one of my posts), when there is no rational reason to do such unsecure thing. This is a fact and it could not be negated even if Kaspersky blocks these requests. It doesn't make better when your account for the fact that CEO of Kasperky Labs did his education in facilities funded by Russian KGB and FSB and that his product plays important role in country’s cyber security programs and that country is known for draconian laws and abuse of power.

Reason why some people can't believe it is very simple. Most of them have not lived in Soviet Union and never encountered oppression by the state. I had the opportunity to live there and saw much worse ###### to make it believable. Many things, which look like a conspiracy, is a standard practice done by oppressive states.

Edited by EJocys

We are gone from any technical issues with Kaspersky. Uninstall AV software>Say bye to Kaspersky>and close this thread, but remember....

This link with the latest viruses for AV test http://support.clean-mx.de/clean-mx/viruses

Download any 50 latest viruses and check it by Kaspersky, check the same with other AV. Surprise)))

avv2.JPG

23 hours ago, Alejandro779 said:

We are gone from any technical issues with Kaspersky. Uninstall AV software>Say bye to Kaspersky>and close this thread, but remember....

This link with the latest viruses for AV test http://support.clean-mx.de/clean-mx/viruses

Download any 50 latest viruses and check it by Kaspersky, check the same with other AV. Surprise)))

I would rather trust real life tests from independent sources like https://www.av-test.org or http://www.av-comparatives.org, according to which Kaspersky is very good but not the best. Anyway, your post is irrelevant to the topic of this forum, because it is not about which antivirus can catch more viruses.

52 minutes ago, EJocys said:

I would rather trust real life tests from independent sources like https://www.av-test.org or http://www.av-comparatives.org, according to which Kaspersky is very good but not the best. Anyway, your post is irrelevant to the topic of this forum, because it is not about which antivirus can catch more viruses.

Dont trust any tests and make your own. Download latest viruses and check by different AV softwares. You ll be shocked. KIS is the best

On August 23, 2016 at 2:25 AM, EJocys said:

Conspiracy would be if there was no evidence to support it. Evidence clearly shows that web brower gets instructions from Kaspersky to send personal data to a remote location registered in Moscow (screenshot with logs is provided in one of my posts), when there is no rational reason to do such unsecure thing. This is a fact and it could not be negated even if Kaspersky blocks these requests. It doesn't make better when your account for the fact that CEO of Kasperky Labs did his education in facilities funded by Russian KGB and FSB and that his product plays important role in country’s cyber security programs and that country is known for draconian laws and abuse of power.

Reason why some people can't believe it is very simple. Most of them have not lived in Soviet Union and never encountered oppression by the state. I had the opportunity to live there and saw much worse ###### to make it believable. Many things, which look like a conspiracy, is a standard practice done by oppressive states.

Considering this thread is under the conspiracy forum, apparently I am not the only one who believe that it is exactly that. 

Also, what relevance does the Soviet Union have? In case you missed it, it no longer exists. 

On 8/21/2016 at 8:08 PM, E.worm Jimmy said:

If it is not the government... They are selling all your info to the highest bidder. That is a fact.

How is something a fact, with no proof?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xendrome said:

How is something a fact, with no proof?

Well, it is a "fact" to me and many people who know him personally.

Meeting him, and people who know him well, in around 1995, meeting his friends later,  meeting his high end employees on my Atlantic flights a couple of times in last few years, and discussing it in details.
Yes, no one has CONCRETE PROOF, he and his company are way too smart to provide it, but to me, I don't have the slightest shadow of doubt on government, or government connected people.  

If there was a solid proof, he's business would considerably stagnate in the west, so a government agency connected, extremely smart person, who is worth $1B+ is expected to protect his interest well.

Believe me or not,  I believed the people I have met and the stories about him and his connections that I hear from them. It was a well know fact in the "in" community of tech enthusiasts in Russia, well before he became huge, that he is not exactly a stunning moral innocent, and his federal security connection are also well know.

9 minutes ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

Well, it is a fact to me and many people who know him personally.

Meeting him, and people who know him well, in around 1995, meeting his friends later,  meeting his high end employees on my Atlantic flights a couple of times in last few years, and discussing it in details.
Yes, no one has CONCRETE PROOF, he and his company are way too smart to provide it, but to me, I don't have the slightest shadow of doubt on government, or government connected people.  

If there was a solid proof, he's business would considerably stagnate in the west, so a government agency connected, extremely smart person, who is worth $1B+ is expected to protect his interest well.

Believe me or not,  I believed the people I have met and the stories about him and his connections that I hear from them. It was a well know fact in the "in" community of tech enthusiasts in Russia, well before he became huge, that he is not exactly a stunning moral innocent, and his federal security connection are also well know.

What you have described is a suspicion/opinion, not a fact and not one that can be verified. It may very well be true, but if it cannot be proven by an independent source, it is not a fact. 

9 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

What you have described is a suspicion/opinion, not a fact and not one that can be verified. It may very well be true, but if it cannot be proven by an independent source, it is not a fact. 

Fair enough.   It definitely is not a fact, but an opinion :yes:   -   otherwise we would not be discussing it here :shifty: and

Kaspersky would not be that popular antivirus like it is, but more like 360 Total Security (ohh wait... lol)

I will try not to  use the word fact for something that I just believe to be true, since technically you are obviously correct.

Or are you?   :P

Google Books allows a much earlier attestation of false fact, from 1688 in the Journals of the House of Commons. A passage reads:

Or, suppose the Judges were corrupt; and directed false Law, or false Fact, or overawed the Jury; or admitted a Party to be a Witness, or Juror (as in Effect it was); That was enough to render the Verdict corrupt….

Here's another one, from 1738, with a bonus true facts in the same sentence:

They will be of opinion that it is the duty of every corrector of a book to take from it all the false facts and to substitute true facts in their room ….

12 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

The phrase "proven fact", implies that there is, in fact, can be such thing as unproven fact. :laugh::shifty:   

True fact!

10 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Also, what relevance does the Soviet Union have? In case you missed it, it no longer exists. 

It has the relevance to the answer about those who cannot believe that government can spy on people or do other evil things. The Russian Federation is the legal successor of the USSR. Soviet Union is gone, but people are still there and they have not changed too much. Dictatorship and corruption is still thriving there.

12 hours ago, Alejandro779 said:

KIS is the best

Yeah, North Korea is best Korea, when you ask North Koreans :). Like that image you've posted about Kaspersky from www.comss.ru site, where they are selling it and advertising on the first page. Of course they must be trusted and can't be bias when conducting or choosing test results :).