'White, male, Christian able-bodied and straight' students are told 'to check their privilege' in poster campaign

What is wrong with you all? How can you deny white privilege. Black people in the USA have only been the "equal" of white men since the middle of the last century. Before that there were separate schools, water fountains, special places on the bus,....

This doesn't diminish the fact that there are plenty of white people who had to struggle to get where they are, but to say whites have it just as hard as black people is just plain wrong

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

re: women

The Glass Ceiling could've been a relevant concept some 30-40 years ago. It's surely not the case now.

we got one running for president I think./s

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

What is wrong with you all? How can you deny white privilege. Black people in the USA have only been the "equal" of white men since the middle of the last century. Before that there were separate schools, water fountains, special places on the bus,....

This doesn't diminish the fact that there are plenty of white people who had to struggle to get where they are, but to say whites have it just as hard as black people is just plain wrong

You are not Black so How can you say that? There are many successful Black People. Dr Ben Carson as just one example  We have a Black President. A Black AG..etc. Blacks are being held down by The Democrats with all of their entitlements. This does not give Blacks an incentive to go and work as why should they when the Government will take care of them. There are White poor people as well. Take a tour through Appalachia or in old steel towns.

Once you are indoctrinated into the idea that certain people are inherently better than you, you no longer treat them fairly. You might shoot them on live TV for example.

2 minutes ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

Once you are indoctrinated into the idea that certain people are inherently better than you, you no longer treat them fairly. You might shoot them on live TV for example.

The ONLY people that have been shafted in this Country Are Native Americans and this cannot be denied. But I do not see any group led by the likes of Al Sharpton or Jesse looking out for them??

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

How can you deny white privilege.

What privileges? Please tell me so I could maybe benefit from them. /trollface

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

How have you been "disadvantaged" compared to your white brothers personally? Do you have any examples?

Do you believe in "yellow privilege" as well?

4 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

The ONLY people that have been shafted in this Country Are Native Americans and this cannot be denied. But I do not see any group led by the likes of Al Sharpton or Jesse looking out for them??

agreed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

What privileges? Please tell me so I could maybe benefit from them. /trollface

Oh I don't know, how about the one about not being a slave? OR not being told that you're only 3/5'ths of a human being and being denied the right to marry people of another skin color? Or how about the one where you don't have to fear being beaten/killed just because you have dark skin. 

Now tell me about "What privileges". Come back with something intelligent.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Oh I don't know, how about the one about not being a slave? OR not being told that you're only 3/5'ths of a human being and being denied the right to marry people of another skin color? Or how about the one where you don't have to fear being beaten/killed just because you have dark skin. 

Consider calling the police if you are being subjugated to slave labour. Have them fill out the protocol so you can sue the hell out of your slave owner.

5 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Where does this happen???!!!! 

7 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

Where does this happen???!!!! 

Well that last part happens pretty much every week.

The other parts used to happen just 50+ years ago.In the US that is where white privilege comes in. White people don't have to think about any of those things because it never happened to them, and won't ever happen to them.

• Like 2

Just now, wakjak said:

The other parts used to happen just 50+ years ago.In the US that is where white privilege comes in. White people don't have to think about any of those things because it never happened to them, and won't ever happen to them.

Because whites don't bully whites, gotcha!

3 minutes ago, wakjak said:

I see some criminals who HAPPEN to be black, get beaten... it has nothing to do with skin tone though. If white trash committed a crime that was comparable, he SHOULD be beat/killed too!

Quote: White people don't have to think about any of those things because it never happened to them, and won't ever happen to them.

One can also say "Virtually all black people don't have to think about any of those things because it never happened to them, and won't ever happen to them." too.

13 minutes ago, wakjak said:

You are aware that Irish people were slaves at the same times as black people right ?

In fact they were seen as less valuable than black people because they werent as strong.

Last time I checked the majority of irish people even back into history were white - go read a history book and stop spewing nonsense.

3 minutes ago, ramesees said:

You are aware that Irish people were slaves at the same times as black people right ?

In fact they were seen as less valuable than black people because they werent as strong.

Last time I checked the majority of irish people even back into history were white - go read a history book and stop spewing nonsense.

And what does that have to do with the US, which is where this article is about, and what I said in my post? Nothing. I Know, because you couldn't come up with something relevant so you had to go and post about some other country.

26 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

I see some criminals who HAPPEN to be black, get beaten... it has nothing to do with skin tone though. If white trash committed a crime that was comparable, he SHOULD be beat/killed too!

Quote: White people don't have to think about any of those things because it never happened to them, and won't ever happen to them.

One can also say "Virtually all black people don't have to think about any of those things because it never happened to them, and won't ever happen to them." too.

This only happens in Wakjaks wonder world wherever that may be.

1 hour ago, Stoffel said:

Yes, the middle of last century, which was 60 years ago, dude.  It is not the 1950's any more.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wakjak said:

Oh I don't know, how about the one about not being a slave?

British orphans and irish children were the primary slave population during the early portions of the American slave industry, as well as continuing to be a large portion of it till the end of the slaving practice.

1 hour ago, wakjak said:

OR not being told that you're only 3/5'ths of a human being and being denied the right to marry people of another skin color?

While not necessarily about skin color, American soldiers (regardless of who the were) were brutally tortured during WWII just for being who they were. By that same token, the Japanese were subjugated to internment camps by the United States during the same war. Slaves have been a large building block of every civilization. Also, many cultures (including Native Americans and African tribes) would terrorize others specifically because they were different, treated as lesser than human beings as well. What about the Chinese railroad workers?

1 hour ago, wakjak said:

Or how about the one where you don't have to fear being beaten/killed just because you have dark skin. 

Tell that to the white people who were chased down and attacked merely for being white by a bunch of Black Lives Matter protestors recently.

1 hour ago, wakjak said:

Considering everyone of every color, ideology and origin has been the subjugator and the subjugatee it makes very little sense to only focus on recent history as justification to not treat everyone equally. Blacks don't have any special claim to slavery, especially since they were both practitioners and contributors of it.

1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Yes, the middle of last century, which was 60 years ago, dude.  It is not the 1950's any more.

You are wasting your time, it is like debating a wall./s

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

But you would never understand what he posted then./s

Please fix the quote, Gary. Those are not my words!

Shouldn't it be "check your privilege if you're Asian"? coz last time i checked they earn more than whites,they get better education,better and higher paying jobs, they rarely get incarcerated,or stopped by the police.Every argument about how whites are more privileged in society is more true for Asians vs every other race.But that would be a "racist" thing to say and we're not going for that narrative, we just hate white people..when they're men off course.

and talk about male privilege

Women serve much less time for the same crimes men do.Where's the male privilege in that? Homeless people? more men than women.More likely to die of work related accidents? Men again.Suicide rates? like 80% male.However this also does not mean women are privileged.(just like how earning more doesn't make Asians privileged).

This what's going in the west is simply a "victim fetish club". That's how these people get their jollies on..always oppressed, even when they're going into top colleges or live in the most posh area in their country.

There was a time when being leftist didn't mean insanity and i think this mindset of the 3rd wave feminists and the left wing academics are gonna make the west more and more conservative, and that is scary if you think about it.

2 minutes ago, murat said:

There was a time when being leftist didn't mean insanity and i think this mindset of the 3rd wave feminists and the left wing academics are gonna make the west more and more conservative, and that is scary if you think about it.

That last bit ruined it.