10 Disgusting Facts About McDonald's

Most of these (if not all) are a direct result of mis-information, directly created to cater to the 'Conspiracy theorists'.

Let see what can I post that will be good for the folks on the internet to hear about. . .I know more stupid stuff about what we are eating that will kill us sooner or later. . .:D. . , and it it all true. . .:)

ok, I stopped at the video saying MdDonalds is as addictive as cocaine.  I eat MD every now and then and feel no withdraws or need to eat there any time soon after.

Fun fact, want to know what is in your food?  Buy it and cook it yourself.  Otherwise, you accept the risk of someone else preparing it for you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, techbeck said:

ok, I stopped at the video saying MdDonalds is as addictive as cocaine.  I eat MD every now and then and feel no withdraws or need to eat there any time soon after.

Fun fact, want to know what is in your food?  Buy it and cook it yourself.  Otherwise, you accept the risk of someone else preparing it for you.

Well in the US, even that won't help. well unless you accept the fact that your meat comes packed with medicines. 

43 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Well in the US, even that won't help. well unless you accept the fact that your meat comes packed with medicines. 

I would assume they do organic stuff like the rest of us. No?

22 minutes ago, Jub Fequois said:

I would assume they do organic stuff like the rest of us. No?

not much, and "organic" isn't necessarily better, just different poisons.  you know "natural" ones... which also means untargetted and more of them. 

oh dear gawd..... just a bunch of BS....

hint, even a high class restaurant is BAD for you..... even eating is bad for you... we only blame mcdonalds because they are so big...

eat at a place like Ruby Tuesday in the USA  lot and you are going to be way worst off then if you did at McDonald's every day and they are not a fast food joint, they are normal chain restaurant...

lets just rename all these videos to "x# if disgusting things about ANY restaurant"

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Buy direct from the farm...Amish...family/friends who who raise their own cattle.  Many ways to make sure you know what you are eating.

I don't agree that McDonald's food is addictive.

After eating the fries, I am reminded why I seldom order them.

The pink slime scandal and the nuggets composition definitely bothered me.

1 hour ago, techbeck said:

Buy direct from the farm...Amish...family/friends who who raise their own cattle.  Many ways to make sure you know what you are eating.

great news, for abotu 1% of the population...

1 hour ago, Hum said:

I don't agree that McDonald's food is addictive.

After eating the fries, I am reminded why I seldom order them.

The pink slime scandal and the nuggets composition definitely bothered me.

You still buy into the whole pink slime bs?  this long after it's been debunked to death a million times ?

3 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

great news, for abotu 1% of the population...

This kind of food is everywhere and can be much more that the unsubstantiated claim of 1% of the people.  People are just ignorant about the food they are eating and lazy to spend time and make it themselves.  It is also cheaper to buy your own food and prepare it yourself.  No excuse to continue to eat this crap and then complain about it later when you have options.

3 hours ago, techbeck said:

This kind of food is everywhere and can be much more that the unsubstantiated claim of 1% of the people.  People are just ignorant about the food they are eating and lazy to spend time and make it themselves.  It is also cheaper to buy your own food and prepare it yourself.  No excuse to continue to eat this crap and then complain about it later when you have options.

We can't make enough meat for the world with industrial production, open your eyes, "organic" meat production is a drop in the ocean

3 hours ago, HawkMan said:

You still buy into the whole pink slime bs?  this long after it's been debunked to death a million times ?

Pink slime, which can either refer to mechanically separated meat (scraping the cartilage, basically) or using ammonium hydroxide to sanitize beef, is certainly not a myth. It is true that McDonald's has discontinued using ammonium hydroxide, but they did so not a long time ago and mainly after a scandal erupted, after Jamie Oliver did a bit on it.

Edited by Newinko

3 hours ago, Newinko said:

Pink slime, which can either refer to mechanically separated meat (scraping the cartilage, basically) or using ammonium hydroxide to sanitize beef, is certainly not a myth. It is true that McDonald's has discontinued using ammonium hydroxide, but they did so not a long time ago and mainly after a scandal erupted, after Jamie Oliver did a bit on it.

the thing is people don't know what pink slime really is, or rather they don't understand it and think it's something bad, when in reality it's just meat. and it's no toxic and the stuff used to clean it is removed before it's used in meat. and it was never really used as shown in that old video. 

17 hours ago, HawkMan said:

the thing is people don't know what pink slime really is, or rather they don't understand it and think it's something bad, when in reality it's just meat. and it's no toxic and the stuff used to clean it is removed before it's used in meat. and it was never really used as shown in that old video. 

If people are being repeatedly told that pink slime is a myth, which it isn't, it doesn't help dispel much of anything.

Pink slime isn't anything good either. Ammonium hydroxide might not necessarily be dangerous at the recommended doses, and even that is debatable. Even if you take it for granted that it is innocuous at reasonable doses, the problem is that ammonia is used as an antimicrobial agent to sanitize meat. Not only is that method of sanitation not fully effective against some bacteria -- but no amount of whitewashing can cover up the fact that the process of using ammonia to treat meat has no other role but to sell otherwise low-quality, otherwise non-reusable cuts as 100% lean beef. The suppliers use a technicality (the ammonia is used to produce the meat, not as an added ingredient) so that they don't have to label the meat as being ammonia-treated.

And that video isn't old; it's from 2011, and as a result McDonald's has since stopped using ammonia-treated beef in their patties. I fail to see how this is not a win for the consumer. There is no reason for McDonald's to use bottom-of-the-barrel meat except for profitability purposes, given that their menu prices aren't that cheap.