Which RWN sections do you visit?

Section Poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which sections do you visit within the RWN section?

• It's a Conspiracy!
    • Real World Issues
    • Science Discussion & News
    • Domestic Politics
  2. 2. How often do you check these sections?

• Every time I browse Neowin
    • Once in a blue moon
    • Once or twice when I browse Neowin
  3. 3. Do you enjoy these sections?

Considering the discussion going on here about potential changes to the Real World Issues & Domestic Politics section, I wonder how many users actually visit them. So I'm creating this poll to find out.

Please keep the discussion civil. Thanks!

Under if you enjoy these sections....should have a "sometimes" option.

I visit whatever peaks my interest.  I avoid threads (for the most part) where I know I will be attacked or someone will try to egg me on/get on my nerves.

• Like 2

I visit (and post) primarily in RWI and Domestic Politics (and not JUST the sections about US politics; see non-US postings - of mine - in RWI alone).  I'm sensible enough to know that the US and EU (or Russia, or the PRC for that matter) don't necessarily see economic issues the same way - let alone political issues (see Erdogan, ISIL, and their domestic oil-import economy - it's why I'm NOT surprised that Edrogan would rather import oil from ISIL as opposed to Russia).

I opted to just see the results, being a mod means I go into all these sections regardless of interest so it's not a fair vote.

I would perhaps go into the science forum if it wasn't for the mod thing as I enjoy reading up about the Space X stuff in there but it's all over my head so its as a lurker :)

Where the is the option "Real world news and Real world issues, because sometimes I can't figure out which forum a certain thread is in"

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Where the is the option "Real world news and Real world issues, because sometimes I can't figure out which forum a certain thread is in"

rwn.PNG

Maybe this will help:huh:

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

I opted to just see the results, being a mod means I go into all these sections regardless of interest so it's not a fair vote.

I would perhaps go into the science forum if it wasn't for the mod thing as I enjoy reading up about the Space X stuff in there but it's all over my head so its as a lurker :)

Whilst I get where you are coming from, you seem to already know which section (Science Discussion & News) you would have visited even without your mod powers. So I'd say your vote still counts. :)

1 hour ago, LimeMaster said:

Whilst I get where you are coming from, you seem to already know which section (Science Discussion & News) you would have visited even without your mod powers. So I'd say your vote still counts. :)

The only question is, would I have discovered the contents there without becoming a mod :huh:

Domestic Politics, Real World Issues, and It's a Conspiracy!

The last section is probably the most interesting, but I do not visit these sections every time I browse Neowin.

I must admit that I very, very rarely visit Science Discussion & News.

But all of the sections can be interesting, particularly It's a Conspiracy!

22 minutes ago, warwagon said:

How does that help :laugh:

It shows where they are located. Because someone didn't seem to know where they were..You

To explain in more detail.

!.  Politics are in RWI

2, Tin Foil Hat Section is in It's a Conspiracy

3. Science and Space is in The Science Discussion & News

The rest I think you can figure out with your  many PC's  .

5 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

It shows where they are located. Because someone didn't seem to know where they were..You

To explain in more detail.

!.  Politics are in RWI

2, Tin Foil Hat Section is in It's a Conspiracy

3. Science and Space is in The Science Discussion & News

The rest I think you can figure out with your  many PC's  .

All of those are sections of the Real World News forum. I believe the question about the poll option was asked because topics are posted in Real World News or Real World Issues.

11 hours ago, Gary7 said:

@Ian W This was the question above . Topics are posted in all of those sections. . RWN is the main Section and the others are sub sections of RWN. In RWN if you go past the 3 sub sections there also are Topics. This is not rocket science/s:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

@Ian W This was the question above . Topics are posted in all of those sections. . RWN is the main Section and the others are sub sections of RWN. In RWN if you go past the 3 sub sections there also are Topics. This is not rocket science/s:)

It is understood, @Gary7. There is, however, no option in the poll for Real World News in spite of topics being posted in either Real World News or Real World Issues.

I understand that one may not want Real World News to be included in the poll because the topic title is, "Which RWN sections do you visit?" but perhaps that could be changed and a poll option added for those Neowinians who do visit it.

13 hours ago, Ian W said:

It is understood, @Gary7. There is, however, no option in the poll for Real World News in spite of topics being posted in either Real World News or Real World Issues.

I understand that one may not want Real World News to be included in the poll because the topic title is, "Which RWN sections do you visit?" but perhaps that could be changed and a poll option added for those Neowinians who do visit it.

That's actually a mistake on my part. If you read the thread title you'll notice it says "Which sections do you visit within the RWN section?". The part you are referencing was typed before I finalized the actual title.

Anyways, basically Real World News isn't on the list because its not one of the subsections.

2 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

That's actually a mistake on my part. If you read the thread title you'll notice it says "Which sections do you visit within the RWN section?". The part you are mentioning was before I finalized the actual title.

Anyways, basically Real World News isn't on the list because its not one of the subsections, which is the whole point on the poll.

But as I posted there are threads in RWN Proper, that is all I was trying to get across. Not a big deal,