Win10 (x64Pro) LockScreen-Background disappearing sometimes since Update to 1607

Hello!

I have a few computers which were upgraded from Win 7 (x64 Pro) to Win 10 (1511, x64, Pro) without any problems.

Last week I applied the update to 1607 and on some computers the lockscreen background disappears sometimes and shows a simple blue screen.

On 1511 I got a new image every day (called spotlight in english?) and it showed without any problems. On 1607 I see a new image sometimes, but sometimes a simple blue screen. When I set a fixed Image as background I also see it only sometimes. This only happens on 2 (out of 6) computers.

Unfortunately I have not figured out when the image disappears and when it is shown, there seems to be no reproducible trigger.

Thanks for any help!

A.Borque

Been happening on my Surface Pro 3 since a few (insider) builds prior to the "anniversary release". Well known, doesn't matter if the OS is an upgrade or not. I've tried moving my chosen wallpaper to different folders, Jpg V Png. No idea what MS have done but it's pretty foolish screwup in my book!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

Tip for Microsoft: Insiders != Paid QA Testers

Good thing that isn't what they are doing then. 

5 hours ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

Tip for Microsoft: Insiders != Paid QA Testers

You don't need to be a paid tester to inform MS they've pooched something really simple. Perhaps you need to be for them to pay attention and actually fix it  :/

Thanks!

I had not noticed it was well known since a quick search did not show any results (at least at the time of my first post).

Let's see, when it is fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I have just installed the yesterdays updates, but nothing has changed. So I presume, MS hasn't fixed the issue yet?

Does anybody have any further information?

Thanks

A.Borque

My situation's similar. My lock screen background shows when I first turn the PC on, but not when I log in and then lock it using Win+L, the time and date are there but the screen is black, even after the latest updates recently. Once I hit a key on the time and date screen, the login box and profile pic appears with my chosen background. Just not on the time and date part. Out of three machines it's happening on two. Short of a reset (out of the question ATM) I'm stumped, changing to slideshow then back to chosen image, or registry cleanout doesn't work.

• 1 month later...

Any news? Nothing has changed here, though the problem persists for quiet some time now and all recent updates are installed.

I read elsewhere to disable some settings to restore lock-screen-background images. Although a few users said, this would be the solution nothing has changed here.

Very annoying.

18 minutes ago, a.borque said:

Any news? Nothing has changed here, though the problem persists for quiet some time now and all recent updates are installed.

I read elsewhere to disable some settings to restore lock-screen-background images. Although a few users said, this would be the solution nothing has changed here.

Very annoying.

I've not had this happen across four different VMs and two different machines. Sorry, I am not sure even what to suggest. 

Try this maybe? 

http://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-spotlight-not-working-in-windows-10

1 hour ago, a.borque said:

Very annoying.

You aren't alone. I have a desktop and laptop that the lock-screen backgrounds don't work properly on, but do have another laptop that they do. Go figure. I keep hoping a fix too.