The Batman (June 25th, 2021: WB/,DCEU)


 Share

Recommended Posts

There are 2 posted Warner Bros. release dates without titles: October 5, 2018, and November 1, 2019.

 

Director: Ben Affleck

Script: Geoff Johns, Ben Affleck

 

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Ben Affleck

Slade Wilson/Deathstroke: TBD

 

Other DC filmverse characters as required. No list yet. Deathstroke is said to be Batman's main, but not his only, opponent. 

 

Deathstroke disappeared from the TV Arrowverse because he'll be used in the the cinematic universe, possibly in Suicide Squad 2 and/or a Justice League films before The Batman.

 

Affleck tweeted footage of a possible Deathstroke costume

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Ben might be going for the Arkham games type setup where you have a few bad guys he has to take down throughout the movie but one will be the "main".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Holy smokes! It looks like Batman may be gracing the big screen in less than two years. During the 25th Annual Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference, Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes indicated that the film was about eighteen months out.

 

Speaking about the DC Entertainment line-up at Warner Bros., Jeff took time to talk Batman. “The reboot of Batman with Ben Affleck was a big success,” he said, referring to fans and their reaction over the actor’s work. “He’s going to be EP on Justice League and that’s helpful to that team.” 

 

Later, Jeff returned to the topic of Batman and addressed the much-anticipated solo film that Ben Affleck is behind. And, surprisingly, he dropped a timeline for the film.

 

“Ben announced a Batman movie [that] he’s going to direct, star, write for - I think it’s a year and a half out. So, the strategy worked,” he said.

 

Source

 

So one of the two unnamed 2018 DC/WB movie dates looks to be the new batman movie, in which case, and with the timing of it and news of the superman sequel, I think end of the JL will move us into solo batman which will then move is into solo superman, and keep everything connected.  Just how the SS post credits scene moves us toward JL.   With WW and the flash/cyborn/aquaman movies being more stand alone compared to any batman/superman movies.

 

Hell, if all goes well they could do another batman and superman team up, aka world finest, maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/384119-joe-manganiello-reveals-spring-2017-shoot-for-the-batman#BBLPIqWJYkzX67sW.99

 

Earlier this year, Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes revealed an 18-month timetable for the upcoming solo Batman movie, the only true news on the film’s release up until this point. Now, speaking with ET, star Joe Manganiello (who will play Slade Wilson, aka Deathstroke, in the film) has taken it a step further and revealed filming will begin next spring. Check it out in the video below.



Manganiello will face off against Ben Affleck’s Batman in the film with additional appearances by Jeremy Irons as Alfred and J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon expected to happen as well. Affleck will both star in the film and sit in the director’s chair. DC Entertainment President and CCO Geoff Johns will serve as co-writer (with Affleck) and producer.

An official release date for The Batman hasn’t been set, but Warner Bros. has previously announced release dates for untitled movies on both October 5, 2018 and November 1, 2019, meaning it could come on either of those dates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Small update for this movie, it's been so long.    It looks like, though not 100% official, that Ben is out but I'm not sure.  

 

It looks like this Matt Reeves movie will start casting later this year.  WB has given us a release date of Summer 2021.  Ben is still under contract for 2 movie "Batman" movies but I think we'll see him cameo in the upcoming Birds of Pray movie and somewhere else.   Or the 2nd instance might be as a older Bruce to start this new Batman which is a flashback to him when he first started out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, George P said:

Small update for this movie, it's been so long.    It looks like, though not 100% official, that Ben is out but I'm not sure.  

 

It looks like this Matt Reeves movie will start casting later this year.  WB has given us a release date of Summer 2021.  Ben is still under contract for 2 movie "Batman" movies but I think we'll see him cameo in the upcoming Birds of Pray movie and somewhere else.   Or the 2nd instance might be as a older Bruce to start this new Batman which is a flashback to him when he first started out.

I've heard Ben is leaving and they're rebooting the script again so things aren't looking good :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

I've heard Ben is leaving and they're rebooting the script again so things aren't looking good :/

Just as long as Zack Snyder a.k.a Greenscreen Mcgreenscreenerson a.k.a Mr Horrible CGI keeps his hands off of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Brandon H said:

I've heard Ben is leaving and they're rebooting the script again so things aren't looking good :/

That's the talk, and Reeves wants his own story/script.  Since WB made him producer, director, and they're letting him use his own script, I don't worry about that too much.  As long as he's a fan of the character, then it's all good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Zathras5 said:

I heard it's going to be more centered around his detective side which we haven't seen much of in the movies.

I've heard that as well, which should make fans happy.  A batman movie with a little suspense and not just action is great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2019 at 11:47 AM, Zathras5 said:

I heard it's going to be more centered around his detective side which we haven't seen much of in the movies.

This is what I'm really looking forward to, but I really hope it's still connected to the universe that's already established.  They've said it will be a younger Batman as well, so it can be easy enough to still keep it connected... and even a bit lighter in tone since it will likely be before any Robin and the Jason Todd death occurs.  If they can make two WW movies pre-DoJ/JL, they can do this too.

 

Essentially, I don't think they need to reboot the franchise with this movie.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Innervisions33 said:

This is what I'm really looking forward to, but I really hope it's still connected to the universe that's already established.  They've said it will be a younger Batman as well, so it can be easy enough to still keep it connected... and even a bit lighter in tone since it will likely be before any Robin and the Jason Todd death occurs.  If they can make two WW movies pre-DoJ/JL, they can do this too.

 

Essentially, I don't think they need to reboot the franchise with this movie.  

I agree, Reeves wants his own trilogy without having to force a tie-in to BvS and JL.  But that doesn't mean you have to undo and break all ties.  It's looking pretty good that this will be a prequel of sorts with a younger batman.  So it should be before BvS for sure, you can then just drop some easter eggs in and nothing major to keep it in the same universe.

 

After that if you want to keep going with a younger batman and not the older one we have with Ben so far, WB/DC can finally pull out their Flash movie and tweak the timelines/universe so Superman/WW/Batman and the rest are around the same ages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 10:21 AM, trag3dy said:

I'm okay with just about anything Batman as long as it's not another origin story. We've had enough of those already.

Gotham started out decent but by the end of the finale I was totally off Batman. While I don’t want an origin, it would be nice to see a more “basic” Batman - sorta year one ish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

Gotham started out decent but by the end of the finale I was totally off Batman. While I don’t want an origin, it would be nice to see a more “basic” Batman - sorta year one ish.

This new movie is another planned trilogy from Reeves, and the first one could be a year one, or maybe around 4-5 years in when he's still more of a urban myth than fact.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robert Pattinson?! I've got nothing against the guy, but I just cannot imagine him being Bruce Wayne.

 

I know he's already been Thanos and Cable, but I could see Josh Brolin pulling off an old Bruce Wayne, using The Dark Knight Returns as the storyline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Robert Pattinson?! I've got nothing against the guy, but I just cannot imagine him being Bruce Wayne.

 

I know he's already been Thanos and Cable, but I could see Josh Brolin pulling off an old Bruce Wayne, using The Dark Knight Returns as the storyline.

No one wants to do older batman at this point.  Reeves wants a late 20s early 30s batman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, George P said:

No one wants to do older batman at this point.  Reeves wants a late 20s early 30s batman.

Well that's a shame. Literally in the past 5 minutes of thinking about it I thought about how that would be possible as a trilogy. In the first one it sets the scene and he takes on the mutants, then in the second one he takes on Two-Face and Joker, ending in the third film where he goes up against Superman. For 5 minutes worth of thinking I thought, "hey, I wouldn't mind watching that." I have no idea how it would be fleshed out in to feature films though. But if no one is going to do it I guess I'll just stick to the comic.

 

Late 20's early 30's Batman seems too close to The Dark Knight trilogy timeline for my liking. Comparisons will be made, and we know that it will be a tough sell. Hence my thinking for The Dark Knight Returns. Oh well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Well that's a shame. Literally in the past 5 minutes of thinking about it I thought about how that would be possible as a trilogy. In the first one it sets the scene and he takes on the mutants, then in the second one he takes on Two-Face and Joker, ending in the third film where he goes up against Superman. For 5 minutes worth of thinking I thought, "hey, I wouldn't mind watching that." I have no idea how it would be fleshed out in to feature films though. But if no one is going to do it I guess I'll just stick to the comic.

 

Late 20's early 30's Batman seems too close to The Dark Knight trilogy timeline for my liking. Comparisons will be made, and we know that it will be a tough sell. Hence my thinking for The Dark Knight Returns. Oh well.

You can always do that later on, but if you're going to do a whole new batman you should start somewhere in the middle at least.   And as good as the Nolan stuff is, mostly the 2nd movie, cuz Joker ofc.  The 1st one was a pretty good origin story which we've gotten before.  And the 3rd one was a step down tbh.   

 

I don't think we've yet to see true detective batman done in a movie.   Everyone goes right for the action more.  I'd kill for a Batman movie where the story isn't clear cut from the start and you have viewers guessing at what will happen next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, George P said:

You can always do that later on, but if you're going to do a whole new batman you should start somewhere in the middle at least.   And as good as the Nolan stuff is, mostly the 2nd movie, cuz Joker ofc.  The 1st one was a pretty good origin story which we've gotten before.  And the 3rd one was a step down tbh.   

 

I don't think we've yet to see true detective batman done in a movie.   Everyone goes right for the action more.  I'd kill for a Batman movie where the story isn't clear cut from the start and you have viewers guessing at what will happen next.

Something like this? Hmm, I guess it could work. And you would have a lot of well-known characters in there to support it as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.