The Batman (March 4th, 2022: WB/,DCEU)

6 hours ago, George P said:

I was wondering about this, couldn't they just keep going on the scenes he's not a part of for the next 2 weeks or so?  Seems like a waste of time to just stop it all 100%.  

Perhaps that stuff is filmed already... I can't imagine there being many scenes he's not in.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for sure, now to just see if any movies will actually open in theaters at this point.  😛   I don't know what the situation is here where I live but it's not looking good as of today.  I hope I can see No Time To Die and Dune at least later this year.

It's hard to see how theaters can keep going, the ones that are open to a extent anyways,  without enough new movies to show.  And while studios can delay things, I don't think you can just keep pushing movies back more and more, you'll have to get your money back at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, warwagon said:

Ya, they want to lose their ass on this movie as little as possible.

If things don't start opening up for theaters like normal in 2021, then by 2022 probably half of them will be out of business.  So they're not going to be making as much as they would've before.  

Just looking at domestic info, big budget movies normally open to 4k+ screens, so what happens if that number is 3k or even less?  I suppose you could keep it in the theaters a bit longer but...

I think we're seeing the start of the steady decline in theaters.   They'll have to massively change the way they're doing business in this post-covid world we're heading into .

14 minutes ago, George P said:

If things don't start opening up for theaters like normal in 2021, then by 2022 probably half of them will be out of business.  So they're not going to be making as much as they would've before.  

Just looking at domestic info, big budget movies normally open to 4k+ screens, so what happens if that number is 3k or even less?  I suppose you could keep it in the theaters a bit longer but...

I think we're seeing the start of the steady decline in theaters.   They'll have to massively change the way they're doing business in this post-covid world we're heading into .

Plus projectors are now pretty common in Wal-mart.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Go see it.  It's quite good.  Very long, so don't drink a ton heading into the theater... but it's worth it.  Enjoy folks!

EDIT: I should say, it's long but it's doesn't really drag at any point... upon first viewing, you're really not going to want to have to get up and go to the bathroom as it's possible you'll miss a major plot point(s).

• Steven P. changed the title to The Batman (March 4th, 2022: WB/,DCEU)

I just saw it tonight as well, really liked it.  It's not like any of the past batman movies for sure.  This is batman as the noir detective suspense thriller we've always wanted to see.   He's a bit rough, not the perfect batman other movies have shown, it's only year 2.  The movie is really a batman growth story at it's core.   Now I just need to know when the sequel is coming. 

• 1 month later...

I liked it.

I just think that it's had poor editing. It didn't need to be that long.

Or that poorly lit.

And if people could have TALKED LOUDER that would have been super.

Best part is the new Batmobile!

On 20/04/2022 at 13:47, margrave said:

I liked it.

I just think that it's had poor editing. It didn't need to be that long.

Or that poorly lit.

And if people could have TALKED LOUDER that would have been super.

Best part is the new Batmobile!

Poorly lit?  I've seen it 3 times and I didn't have a problem seeing what was going on.    If anything this takes a page out of the animated series which was lit dark from the get go.   Could they have cut maybe 10-15mins tops out of it, sure, some shots are held a bit long.  But I didn't mind the length.  If you're enjoying the movie then 3hrs goes by quick.

Damn I finally managed to finish it as last time I had to leave before the movie is finished.

I cannot make myself like it.

I only really got into batman over last 10 years maybe - all the Telltale / Arkaham games and other games with batman in it helped a lot and the Trilogy of movies.

I though I did not like Ben Affleck Batman much but damn - now I realize I did. 

I get that this is a reboot and batman is fresh - but man - this is NOT the batman I wanted to see and the actor in my opinion was a terrible choice.

Batman Begins was such a better origin story for me... So much better.

But I can see why others who are more into comics and animations (which I never seen at all) might look at it differently.

I only started batman mostly with Batman Begins. Even the movies before that did little for me.  And the campy old stuff.. nope, can't even imagine liking it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a nice little behind the scenes video for anyone who's interested.  

Re-watched it at home (in 2 sittings)... I really like this.  It's still behind '89 and TDK from a Batman movie perspective, but it's good and I found myself noticing things I missed in the theater.