The Batman (March 4th, 2022: WB/,DCEU)

A good batman story arc where he passes the mantel down and bruce wayne becomes more of a mentor...think more along the lines a cross of batman beyond and knightfall storyline.  

Nope... do not want.

They screwed up by not some how signing Affleck to more films same as with Superman.

If you can't keep the same actors for the chain of films like MCU then whats the point.

Will not watch any more at this point.. just not worth it to me.

Yeah I just can't see Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne or Batman, even a younger one. Nothing about him says Batman to me. To say nothing of his acting he just doesn't have the right physical build for it. He could make a good Robin though.

I can't say I'm high on the pick, but I'm also not down on it.  I've learned over the years to see how it plays out.  People HATED Keaton, but that turned out great.  People HATED Ledger, but that turned out great.  People questioned Ben, but that turned out decently enough.  No reason to go nuts until we actually see him in action in both roles.  

27 minutes ago, Innervisions33 said:

I can't say I'm high on the pick, but I'm also not down on it.  I've learned over the years to see how it plays out.  People HATED Keaton, but that turned out great.  People HATED Ledger, but that turned out great.  People questioned Ben, but that turned out decently enough.  No reason to go nuts until we actually see him in action in both roles.  

I'm with you, lots of times fans of a character either automatically like a pick or don't, we all have a mental image of how live action batman should be.  Nothing is going to match the comic books, so we should move on from that idea right from the start.  As far as he goes, he has the height in my opinion, at 6' 1",  I don't see batman as being too tall, he's always been shorter than Superman for example.  And as far as bulking up, anyone can, Bale did, Ben did, to.   Ben in some of his older movies is tall and skinny as heck as well.  And we all know how Bale can get stick man thin if he wants to.

The physical build isn't something I have a issue with at this point.  I also know he can act, just have to see some of his recent films.  If all you go by is his twilight movies then you're missing out.  It also comes down to a very good script, so casting is just one piece of the puzzle.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd love DCU to delve into the Batman Beyond story-line. I love the more advanced suit and Terry as Batman.

There hasn't been anything really done with the Beyond story-line since the Animated Series in the late 90's / early 2000's

1 hour ago, Brandon H said:

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd love MCU to delve into the Batman Beyond story-line. I love the more advanced suit and Terry as Batman.

There hasn't been anything really done with the Beyond story-line since the Animated Series in the early 2000's

It will never happen with the MCU....DCU yes, Marvel doesn't own the rights to the DC Universe.

1 minute ago, sc302 said:

It will never happen with the MCU....DCU yes, Marvel doesn't own the rights to the DC Universe.

lol that's what I meant; typing too quickly :p

edited :rofl:

The only way I see them doing a batman beyond is a good bit later after they've actually managed to do a good Batman and the rest, and tie it all together.  I don't remember the show that well, it's been long, but I'm pretty sure Superman shows up, cuz yeah, he ages slower than normal humans do or w/e.  And beyond , the animated series at least, tied right back to the Batman animated series and the Superman animated series, it was yet another shared universe.

So it would be cool but yeah DC/WB has to put the other movies in place and built up to it IMO.

17 hours ago, Innervisions33 said:

I'm not strictly against it I just can't see it.

That being said I don't have any one else in mind who would make a good Batman though so yeah..

• 2 weeks later...

Really can't see him being the batman, like many said good actor in other fields of films but batman to me is not him.

• 4 months later...

DCEU is flimsy as it is, but any word on how they're planning to replace the Batman and keep it in continuity? Or will they just not care to explain anything at all and ignore the previous shared movies?

39 minutes ago, Syanide said:

DCEU is flimsy as it is, but any word on how they're planning to replace the Batman and keep it in continuity? Or will they just not care to explain anything at all and ignore the previous shared movies?

The date I suppose?  The two WW movies are both before BvS, so those don't conflict.  Aquaman was right after JL but it's own thing.  So was Shazam.   The Batman, if it's going to show a early version, could be set 10-15 years before BvS.

Matt Reeves wants to do a trilogy, so, if it works out then by the 3rd movie we could be back to where BvS almost takes place.

My hope is that they finally do the damn flash movie, and it's a version of flashpoint that rejigs the timeline and things fit together better.

4 hours ago, trag3dy said:

I would like to say that they should just forget that Justice League exists but that cats already out of the bag. It's probably too late for them to start over though.

You can always sort of "start over" as long as you do it with the flash.   Which could change events just enough so it's new but not totally new.  I mean they do it in comics often,  hell, Infinite crisis, iirc, gave us the new 52.   Now with some creative work they gave us rebirth.  Why couldn't they work it out on the big screen? 

18 hours ago, George P said:

You can always sort of "start over" as long as you do it with the flash.   Which could change events just enough so it's new but not totally new.  I mean they do it in comics often,  hell, Infinite crisis, iirc, gave us the new 52.   Now with some creative work they gave us rebirth.  Why couldn't they work it out on the big screen? 

I feel like movie buffs probably don't have as much patience for that kind of thing like comic book fans do.

5 hours ago, trag3dy said:

I feel like movie buffs probably don't have as much patience for that kind of thing like comic book fans do.

Maybe, we'll see what they do.    I just think it's possible if they indeed want to try and link all these films still.  I think it's better to keep them linked, they can still be their own thing though.  Like Shazam is it's own thing but it's clearly part of the same world as the others.    Joker is a little harder to link but also possible, IMO.   So you can do so with these Batman movies to, in little ways.   Then you can just do more of a soft reboot with a flash movie because it fits the character well.

7 minutes ago, Innervisions33 said:

Looks like Jonah Hill is out... but there is a Seth Rogan rumor now.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/jonah-hill-is-no-longer-headed-to-matt-reeves-gotham-ci-1839011064

Interesting for sure, but I think it's best not to have lots of villains in the movie anyway.  Why must there be more than one in each batman movie? 

Just do one for each Matt. More is not always better. 

It's to bad they won't use no names.  It's so nice watching a film with no name actors, because it doesn't feel like i'm watching a movie, because I don't recognize anyone.

13 minutes ago, Zathras5 said:

'The Batman' Casts Paul Dano as The Riddler

He's a good actor, should be interesting.

That was quick, still, I don't think we need so many bad guys in the first movie.  Unless they all have small parts to play and will be around in the next one?   Why not go with one bad guy per movie?