Cat6 Bulk Cable Purchase

"I don't really care if my rack is messy or dirty, as long as I know what goes to what"

Huh??  Did you not just have a thread, oh it was a PM where was a wire out of place in the DC and you were having a conniption over it?

Yeah it was a fiber that had was bundled up with velcro..

cable.jpeg

So this was making you sick... But you don't care if your own personal rack looks like ######?  :blink:

2 hours ago, BudMan said:

"I don't really care if my rack is messy or dirty, as long as I know what goes to what"

Huh??  Did you not just have a thread, oh it was a PM where was a wire out of place in the DC and you were having a conniption over it?

cable.jpeg

So this was making you sick... But you don't care if your own personal rack looks like ######?  :blink:

In all fairness, who bundles fiber with velcro? That's just sick.

17 hours ago, BudMan said:

cable.jpeg

Well, I wouldn't do that for starters, nor would I use a 25m cable for an 15m run, which is what that picture is. If I have 6" of slack, I'm not picky. Custom lengths would be the best but the time involved vs the time for others? Doesn't really make sense to me. You may be a pro at terminating, but I do it a couple times a year. Most my gear gets dust on it.

15 hours ago, satukoro said:

In all fairness, who bundles fiber with velcro? That's just sick.

All 3 data centers, job corps and a school district I worked at velcro cable.

14 hours ago, sc302 said:

It is ok to use Velcro.  But loop the fiber don't do that

I dont, it appalling how these people do it. They don't care about light loss. I don't make tight loops, nothing tight than a 2 liter pop bottle.

I agree you would loop it vs doing that.. But that is not the point.  My point is clearly your good enough at your job were this causes you pain.  But you don't give a ###### when its your own gear... Come on!!!

6 hours ago, BudMan said:

I agree you would loop it vs doing that.. But that is not the point.  My point is clearly your good enough at your job were this causes you pain.  But you don't give a ###### when its your own gear... Come on!!!

Oh I care, just not nearly as much as work. I'll use ordered cables vs custom lengths because running that many connections, and terminating them all is a major pain. It's time consuming, though good practice. Almost every job site I've worked on, stopped terminating their own connections. My previous job used to run all custom lengths, but change of management killed that. Certain racks like ALL R630s from u1 to u44 had harnesses that lined up with the u Height, as with 830s, 730s, etc..

I'll show you once I get my rack going.