Mel Gibson Thinks Batman V Superman Is a ‘Piece of ****’

Mel-Gibson-Stonebanks-Expendables-3.jpg

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice has had its fair share of detractors since it was released in theaters back in March. The backlash against the film was reportedly the cause of reshoots for Suicide Squad, which was also critically maligned but enjoyed comparatively more financial success at the box office.

It may seem like kicking a dead horse when it’s down to pile additional criticism onto Batman V Superman at this point. After all, Warner Bros. seems to have learned from its mistakes and is reportedly planning for Justice League to be significantly lighter in tone. However, that hasn’t stopped one notable Hollywood figure from criticizing the movie.

That figure is Mel Gibson, who spoke to Deadline at the Venice Film Festival while there to promote his latest directorial effort, Hacksaw Ridge. When the subject of summer blockbusters was brought up, Gibson used it as an opportunity to vent his disdain for Batman V Superman, and did not mince words in doing so:

“It’s a piece of ########. I’m not interested in the stuff. Do you know what the difference between real superheroes and comic book superheroes is? Real superheroes didn’t wear spandex. So I don’t know. Spandex must cost a lot.”

batman-v-superman-box-office-drop.jpg

Gibson’s penchant for verbal attacks made him something of a pariah in Hollywood after audio leaked of a racist, profanity-laden phone call he made to his ex-wife was leaked to the press. He has mostly laid low since then, but Hacksaw Ridge sees the actor-turned-director returning to promote one of his own movies for the first time since 2006’s Apocalypto. Part of what Gibson is promoting is his ability to turn in a movie on a modest budget, in contrast to the nine-figure summer blockbusters like Batman V Superman:

“The exchange rate for the U.S. dollar was good at the time, and I think we locked in at about 72 cents on the dollar and took a $27 million budget and turned it into a $40 million budget.”

According to Gibson, he doesn’t understand how much money goes into the typical comic book movie, but admits that he might understand a bit more if he were involved with one himself:

“I look at them and scratch my head. I’m really baffled by it. I think there’s a lot of waste, but maybe if I did one of those things with the green screens I’d find out different. It seems to me that you could do it for less… You’re spending outrageous amounts of money, $180 million or more, I don’t know how you make it back after the tax man gets you, and after you give half to the exhibitors.”

Gibson supposedly had a chance to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe when he was offered the role of Odin in the first Thor movie, but he did not accept the offer. Since then, Robert Downey, Jr. has said that he wants Gibson to join the MCU and would do Iron Man 4 if Gibson directed it. There is still a chance for Gibson to join the MCU in some capacity, especially if Hacksaw Ridge puts him back in Hollywood’s good graces. However, it seems pretty unlikely at this point that he will be appearing in one of Warner Bros.’ DC films anytime soon.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-mel-gibson-reaction/

Perhaps it's a combination of superhero movies not really being his thing AND the fact that Batman vs Superman really WAS a piece of s***! :p

Also, I agree with him on the ridiculous budget's these movies have. CGI is too expensive!

Yeah, watched B v S, and it was terrible.  Supes had to stand around looking stupid, lost, and confused for most of it (seemed to me, anyway).  Bats/Bruce, for being such a "world's greatest detective" didn't seem like much of a detective at all.  WW only seemed interesting as a character during the "blurry fight" scenes.  But, that is only my opinion.

No matter how you feel about Mr. Gibson, he's not wrong when it comes to this.  Bats v Supes SUCKED!!!  

People will clamor on about the $$$ it made, it made that money because of,  benefit of the doubt.  

31 minutes ago, DJGM said:

Who cares what Mel Gibson thinks especially after his anti-semitic comments a few years ago, and the fact he hasn't made any decent films since Lethal Weapon 3!

I agree with the anti-semtic comment,s but apparently his new film Hacksaw Ridge is a 'masterpiece', according to some. I'm interested in it.

35 minutes ago, DJGM said:

Who cares what Mel Gibson thinks especially after his anti-semitic comments a few years ago, and the fact he hasn't made any decent films since Lethal Weapon 3!

We Were Soldiers and Payback are both great Mel Gibson movies. Also Apocalypto, which he was writer/directer on, is fantastic!

19 minutes ago, DJGM said:

You might want to rephrase that! I standby what I said earlier ... with an exception for Ransom, that was actually quite good.

:blink:...I agree with your point on the anti-semetic comments...

That's what comes of not proofreading, kids.

• Like 1

I didn't know there were Jews in BvS?! Seriously doh...Mel Gibson is a very talented film maker, it's a pity he's a bit of a dick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

I didn't know there were Jews in BvS?! Seriously doh...Mel Gibson is a very talented film maker, it's a pity he's a bit of a dick.

Jesse Eisenberg sounds pretty jewish. :rofl:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJGM said:

I personally think Braveheart was a very good movie.

• Like 2

Hes right, BvS sucked big time, as did Suicide Squad. 
Mel maybe a loon, but hes a loon who knows good when he sees it.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2016 at 3:07 PM, LaP said:

As an action movie it was sort of OK.  As a depiction of history, it got NOTHING right. At all. Not even a little bit.

9 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

As an action movie it was sort of OK.  As a depiction of history, it got NOTHING right. At all. Not even a little bit.

I don't watch movies to get history lessons. There's documentaries for that. For me every movies is a work of fiction. Even the supposedly true stories most of the time are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LaP said:

I don't watch movies to get history lessons. There's documentaries for that. For me every movies is a work of fiction. Even the supposedly true stories most of the time are.

Sadly, quite a lot of people DO get all their history from movies, which is why Hollywood etc should have a responsibility to tell the story accurately.

On 07/09/2016 at 3:07 PM, LaP said:

Me too,

I loved it when i was younger and still do now.

Regards

You had to know this movie was going to be a POS just from the title, which is why I never even thought of seeing it and still have no desire to!

Even the commercials totally turned me off.