My first drone

On 12/26/2016 at 9:17 AM, sc302 said:

I think you will be happy with it. 

Got my phantom 3 on Thursday 

Edited by macoman

3 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

@911ts  Great video.  Great land.

I noticed people were looking up at your drone.  lol

I don't have a drone of my own yet but hopefully one day.  

Well i hope you manage to get one TAZMINATOR at some point - im sure you will enjoy it, i love photography, i just never had time to get into it due to work - nowadays i have more time, it’s a very relaxing hobby, especially in amongst the munro's of Scotland!

@macoman post up some video. 

Wait until it get a little warmer... Right now is 5 degree farentheint with some snow. I will try to get some video soon!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2017 at 0:37 AM, macoman said:

Wait until it get a little warmer... Right now is 5 degree farentheint with some snow. I will try to get some video soon!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hows your Phantom 3 flying getting on macoman - have any awesome videos yet ? :)

On 31/12/2016 at 2:55 AM, T3X4S said:

I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for"

You are not wrong, mate!

On 31/12/2016 at 6:18 AM, sc302 said:

The phantoms are pretty hard to f up.

I can attest to this.

Does anyone know where I can find soundtrack audio that are not copyrighted and freely available to the public? I would like to add music to my video footage.

Does anyone know where I can find soundtrack audio that are not copyrighted and freely available to the public? I would like to add music to my video footage.

Frede music archive

Video footage update: I took today my first video footage with the phantom 3. I have to say that for a newbie like me, it is kind of tricky to control it. I need much more practice. I will upload the video footage tomorrow after some final cut editing ;)

I guess you added in the warping. 

Not bad though.  try using the gps routing feature...that may help a bit. 

master hovering first, don't worry about moving, just master hovering (taking off, staying in place for minutes at a time, landing).  once you get hovering down, you can then start moving. 

I guess you added in the warping. 

Not bad though.  try using the gps routing feature...that may help a bit. 

master hovering first, don't worry about moving, just master hovering (taking off, staying in place for minutes at a time, landing).  once you get hovering down, you can then start moving. 

Thanks, will do that... I have to tell you that drone got me nervous. I saw so many YouTube videos people crashing drones because of pilot error.

12 minutes ago, sc302 said:

that particular drone is very forgiving...not saying it is impossible to damage it, but it is the easiest or among the easiest to control.

That's true, when I took it to the air... it was very stable in one position... not moving around... just steady in the same place. I like that a lot!

It has a follow me mode to allow you to concentrate on what you are doing vs flying it.  It really is a full featured drone....while not an inexpensive drone it has a lot of features that work right. 

I have a small small drone that really is a heap of junk for 100-200bux.  The worst purchase ever.   The battery cable broke 2nd time charging it. 

It couldnt even fly. 

Just saying that there are some really really really bad ones out there that call themselves drones, which are no more than a quad copter with a camera attached requiring complete manual input (no follow me, no gps, no nothing)

41 minutes ago, sc302 said:

It has a follow me mode to allow you to concentrate on what you are doing vs flying it.  It really is a full featured drone....while not an inexpensive drone it has a lot of features that work right. 

I have a small small drone that really is a heap of junk for 100-200bux.  The worst purchase ever.   The battery cable broke 2nd time charging it. 

It couldnt even fly. 

Just saying that there are some really really really bad ones out there that call themselves drones, which are no more than a quad copter with a camera attached requiring complete manual input (no follow me, no gps, no nothing)

You right about that... stay away from any Syma brand!

Looks really good, like you know what you were doing. A few more test flights you will be more comfortable.

You have to loosen up a bit and forget about the money floating (literally) in the air. Once you loosen up or forget about that, the fun can begin. Higher, longer flights, action shots, etc.

Remember how much time you have in your flight compared to how much battery life you have and you should be ok. That is what you need to worry about, air time/battery life.