Cant see status replies

6 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

While that not ideal I can live with that for the short term :) Only thing just trying to see who replied to someone's else status will be tricky. Thank you :) 

That's why I called it a temporary solution, because I'm hoping it's fixed sometime today or tomorrow.  

On 14/09/2016 at 1:09 PM, Danielx64 said:

So founders don't even have control over permission settings? That's backward.

He's joking ;)

I'll take a look when I get the time, which will hopefully be soon, but there are a few other higher priority things on my list at the moment

On 9/16/2016 at 4:36 AM, DaveLegg said:

He's joking ;)

I'll take a look when I get the time, which will hopefully be soon, but there are a few other higher priority things on my list at the moment

Thank you :)

On 9/14/2016 at 1:09 PM, Danielx64 said:

No it's not.  You don't seem to understand the hierarchy of necessity.

Just now, Nik Louch said:

No it's not.  You don't seem to understand the hierarchy of necessity.

I do, just that I've never seen a forum where the owners/founders doesn't have full admin access at all times, even if you have someone like @DaveLeggwho does all the development/tech work.

I even started a topic about this very topic at https://theadminzone.com/threads/is-it-backward-that-the-founder-s-doesnt-have-full-permission-of-his-their-forum.141795/

1 minute ago, Danielx64 said:

I do, just that I've never seen a forum where the owners/founders doesn't have full admin access at all times, even if you have someone like @DaveLeggwho does all the development/tech work.

I even started a topic about this very topic at https://theadminzone.com/threads/is-it-backward-that-the-founder-s-doesnt-have-full-permission-of-his-their-forum.141795/

So you are discussing Neowin's security policy on another forum? Why?  What's the point of that?  And have you read it?  People aren't in agreement with you.  Very odd thing to do!

As a founder of the site, Neobond has no NEED to have 100% full access to user data, code and so on.  A good security model starts with denying everything to everyone and opening up as NEED arises.

On 14/09/2016 at 1:09 PM, Danielx64 said:

On 15/09/2016 at 7:36 PM, DaveLegg said:

He's joking ;)

Please let Dave get on with things. He's acknowledged the issue and said he'll look at it. There's no need to bump something so low priority.

1 minute ago, Nik Louch said:

So you are discussing Neowin's security policy on another forum? Why?  What's the point of that?  And have you read it?  People aren't in agreement with you.  Very odd thing to do!

As a founder of the site, Neobond has no NEED to have 100% full access to user data, code and so on.  A good security model starts with denying everything to everyone and opening up as NEED arises.

Did I say neowin in that topic? No I didn't. I suppose you don't even know what the idea of TheAdminZone really is. It's a place where forum owners get together and talk about different aspects of running a forum. 

@AndrewI sure will let Dave get on with it.

Just now, Danielx64 said:

Did I say neowin in that topic? No I didn't. I suppose you don't even know what the idea of TheAdminZone really is. It's a place where forum owners get together and talk about different aspects of running a forum. 

@AndrewI sure will let Dave get on with it.

Firstly, I didn't mention you saying the name of the forum.  Secondly, you don't administer Neowin.  I find your actions very odd, and your understanding of security very troubling.

1 hour ago, Danielx64 said:

They do have full access.

As I said in my previous post, I will get around to it when I have the time. There are other issues which are more important to the running of the site that will be addressed first. Replies to status comments are not a core piece of functionality, and so not top of the list.

3 hours ago, Danielx64 said:

Where was it ever stated that founders don't have full access to their site? And yes, while they do have full access here, I can think of a number of other situations where some don't. I doubt any reputable company gives their CEO full reign of systems via their own domain admin account, unless technically inclined to do so.

1 hour ago, LimeMaster said:

There is actually. So that the issue is not completely forgotten about. 

I said the issue is on my to-do list, we don't need the thread to be bumped to remind me of it. I'm going to close this now, because the conversation is going nowhere productive. I'll post an update when it's resolved.

• DaveLegg locked this topic
  • DaveLegg unlocked this topic