Muslim Stabs Man To Death After 'Religious Argument' at University

Muslim Stabs Man To Death After ‘Religious Argument’ at University
by Chris Tomlinson | 14 Sep 2016

A man was stabbed to death outside a Canadian university residence by a Muslim acquaintance after an argument about Islam and Arabs reportedly got out of hand.
A rooming house outside of Toronto, Canada’s York University was the site of a fatal stabbing in the early hours of Tuesday morning, which witnesses say was caused by a religious argument about Islam. 28-year-old Alp Efe was rushed to hospital after being stabbed multiple times and was pronounced dead upon arrival at the facility. The man accused of his murder, 31-year-old Alijan Arif Khan was arrested later that day by police and charged with second-degree murder Canadian broadcaster CTV reports.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/14/muslim-murders-man-canadian-university-religious-argument/

3 minutes ago, restroom said:

Not all muslims what?

Seems to be a popular thing to say these days. "Not all muslims are extremists", "not all muslims believe in death penalty for being gay", "not all muslims care if you disagree with islam", etc etc etc. Every time one of them commits a horrendous act like this.

Now I'm not saying this guy wasn't unhinged to begin with but no other religion in the world really justifies murder for just diagreeing with it the way islam does.

6 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Seems to be a popular thing to say these days. "Not all muslims are extremists", "not all muslims believe in death penalty for being gay", "not all muslims care if you disagree with islam", etc etc etc. Every time one of them commits a horrendous act like this.

Now I'm not saying this guy wasn't unhinged to begin with but no other religion in the world really justifies murder for just diagreeing with it the way islam does.

That doesn't make the statement false. Most muslims really are peaceful, law-abiding citizens that are 'on our side' just like you and me.  At the same time, Islam does have an issue with extremism.

I believe the fault is on both sides. He knew what could happen, yet was asking for trouble. Muslims are strong believers in their religion even though it is awfully flawed. What was his intent? Did he want to 'change' this muslim by simply talking about how bad Islam is? Nope, it doesn't work that way. Did he just want to point out everything wrong about Islam/Arabs? Now you're asking for trouble.
OTOH, the muslim did exactly what his religion told him. That's a mark of a good muslim. Allah will be proud. Now if someone puts a bullet through his head, that'll be fine. Such people have absolutely no reason to live.

23 minutes ago, Tuskd said:

the muslim did exactly what his religion told him. That's a mark of a good muslim.  

That's what fundamentalist islamic terrorists would want you to believe anyway. Not sure why you would listen to them.

1 hour ago, Tuskd said:

I believe the fault is on both sides. He knew what could happen, yet was asking for trouble. Muslims are strong believers in their religion even though it is awfully flawed. What was his intent? Did he want to 'change' this muslim by simply talking about how bad Islam is? Nope, it doesn't work that way. Did he just want to point out everything wrong about Islam/Arabs? Now you're asking for trouble.
OTOH, the muslim did exactly what his religion told him. That's a mark of a good muslim. Allah will be proud. Now if someone puts a bullet through his head, that'll be fine. Such people have absolutely no reason to live.

So we shouldn't ever question muslims?  Just let them all have their way? Because you don't know if they're gonna snap and murder you because you don't agree with their religion?

I don't usually get into such discussion when it comes to religion in general, especially Islam/Muslims. I have friends who are Muslims and they're some of the nicest people I know. I saddens me to see how the action of some Islamic individual being applied to everyone in that faith.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Ah, fair enough. I didn't see the rest of your post when I quoted that :s

8 hours ago, trag3dy said:

So we shouldn't ever question muslims?  Just let them all have their way? Because you don't know if they're gonna snap and murder you because you don't agree with their religion?

That's not what I meant. You can't take out one person at a time. There are 2 ways I believe Islam needs to be badly reformed. 1, the followers should realize by themselves that their religion is fundamentally flawed. So a renaissance type movement would be the best way to solve this issue, but it is highly unlikely. 2, everyone else on the planet should together 'force' the change upon Islam. That will obviously have its repercussions.

9 hours ago, Active. said:

That's what fundamentalist islamic terrorists would want you to believe anyway. Not sure why you would listen to them.

So based on the actions of this person, and the context of the crime, would you agree that this person is also a "fundamental Islamic terrorist"? I have no intension to listen to what these extremists say, but there are many who do. And that is the problem. The Quran and its commentaries may have said many good things, the people by large may also be very nice people, but whenever a person comes across a highly 'misunderstood' verse (is that's the way some people see it), there is every possible chance that it can utilized as per the wishes of the reader.

Bottom-line: Change the functioning of Islam and the remove any such verse that entices people to commit wrongdoings. Out of sight = Out of mind.

4 minutes ago, Tuskd said:

So based on the actions of this person, and the context of the crime, would you agree that this person is also a "fundamental Islamic terrorist"? I have no intension to listen to what these extremists say, but there are many who do. And that is the problem. The Quran and its commentaries may have said many good things, the people by large may also be very nice people, but whenever a person comes across a highly 'misunderstood' verse (is that's the way some people see it), there is every possible chance that it can utilized as per the wishes of the reader.

Bottom-line: Change the functioning of Islam and the remove any such verse that entices people to commit wrongdoings. Out of sight = Out of mind.

In Christianity, there is the old testament and the new. Even from those who choose to follow the old, this doesn't happen.

5 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

In Christianity, there is the old testament and the new. Even from those who choose to follow the old, this doesn't happen.

Different Religions, different means. Every religion tries to be the only religion on the planet. In my country Christianity is not a major religion. You can't imagine the ways the churches trick locals to convert. Followers of Islam choose another method, if you don't follow my religion, you shall cease to exist. Atleast that's what some 'extremists' believe is a sure shot way to achieve global dominance.

1 minute ago, Tuskd said:

Different Religions, different means. Every religion tries to be the only religion on the planet. In my country Christianity is not a major religion. You can't imagine the ways the churches trick locals to convert. Followers of Islam choose another method, if you don't follow my religion, you shall cease to exist. Atleast that's what some 'extremists' believe is a sure shot way to achieve global dominance.

Your bottom line for "fixing" Islam is hollow is my point.

12 hours ago, Tuskd said:

Did he just want to point out everything wrong about Islam/Arabs? Now you're asking for trouble.

Why should he be "asking for trouble" just because he has an argument with someone about their religion?  Any peaceful, sensible, reasonable person would either refute any arguments, or walk away. That the Muslim resorted to violence is rather telling.

12 hours ago, Tuskd said:

Islam and "Arabs" are not synonymous; one is a belief system, the other a "race."

The genocidal pedophile Muhammad had those who criticized him butchered, and since he is a "beautiful pattern of conduct" for those who want to please Allah, his followers emulate him. That's why telling the truth about him and his "religion" can be hazardous to your health.

10 minutes ago, Yazoo said:

why is this news, what was the purpose of posting this? 

news

(no͞oz, nyo͞oz)

pl.n. (used with a sing. verb)1.

a. Information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported by means of newspapers, websites, radio, television, and other forms of media.

b. A presentation of such information, as in a newspaper or on a newscast: watched the evening news.

2. New information of any kind: The requirement was news to him.

3. Newsworthy material: "a public figure on a scale unimaginable in America; whatever he did was news" (James Atlas).

Seems to fit the criteria

13 minutes ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

news

(no͞oz, nyo͞oz)

pl.n. (used with a sing. verb)1.

a. Information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported by means of newspapers, websites, radio, television, and other forms of media.

b. A presentation of such information, as in a newspaper or on a newscast: watched the evening news.

2. New information of any kind: The requirement was news to him.

3. Newsworthy material: "a public figure on a scale unimaginable in America; whatever he did was news" (James Atlas).

Seems to fit the criteria

still not answered my question has it? Why this and not any other news what was the purpose of choosing this one.  

12 minutes ago, Yazoo said:

still not answered my question has it? Why this and not any other news what was the purpose of choosing this one.  

Should we only post news that doesn't involve, well, news that people are interested in? Your question is a little open ended really. The reason news IS news, is because people are interested in its content, otherwise it wouldn't be news at all.

1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Why should he be "asking for trouble" just because he has an argument with someone about their religion?  Any peaceful, sensible, reasonable person would either refute any arguments, or walk away. That the Muslim resorted to violence is rather telling.

There's always a tipping point. Its not like he said, 'This thing that Islam says is wrong' and got immediately stabbed. That wouldn't be an argument. He had voluntarily driven the conversation to the point where his life was at threat. Considering the fact that the deceased had some knowledge about the religion and knew what 'could' happen, why didn't he walk away? From the article

An unnamed witness who lives in the area claimed that the pair of men often would debate and argue on a range of issues. He said that the arguments would start of reasonable, but the two men would drink heavily and the arguments would become ever more heated. the neighbour said the pair engaged in this sort of behaviour up to fours times a week.

Now tell me, was the deceased sensible? reasonable?

Like I said, the fault is on both of them.