Muslim Stabs Man To Death After 'Religious Argument' at University

9 minutes ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

This part I do not. Many of my friends and colleagues are Muslim and would never respond in this way; in fact there are over 1.6 billion Muslims and the vast majority would not respond in such a manner. To ignore that and paint all followers of Islam as violent lunatics is unfair and misrepresentative.

Since posting that, I became aware that it was a drunken argument. Since Muslims are not permitted to drink, the muslim in question isn't really a "proper" muslim anyway, or at least, not a fundamentalist one.  If he was a fundie, he wouldn't have been drunk and may have knifed the guy sooner, but as he's not a fundie, he's unlikely to have gotten overly upset at criticism of Islam, so probably just knifed the guy because, y'know, drunken fight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T3X4S said:

a reminder - it needs to be drilled in, everyday / all day.

Have it play on your Bose soundwave at night when your sleeping.

OR - maybe - just maybe

Its news, its pertinent, it current, this little topic comes up daily.

Since it is embarrassing to you - you can always leave, cant you ?  .. (I dont mean the thread or the site)

It's not embarrassing to me at all.

Just trying to figure out if people scour the internet looking for negative news involving Muslims.  Wondering why no one posts news like the following http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-37352942 could there be a bias? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Since posting that, I became aware that it was a drunken argument. Since Muslims are not permitted to drink, the muslim in question isn't really a "proper" muslim anyway, or at least, not a fundamentalist one.  If he was a fundie, he wouldn't have been drunk and may have knifed the guy sooner, but as he's not a fundie, he's unlikely to have gotten overly upset at criticism of Islam, so probably just knifed the guy because, y'know, drunken fight.

I really don't know if you were using the No True Scotsman fallacy sarcastically or not. :huh:

5 hours ago, Yazoo said:

Just trying to figure out if people scour the internet looking for negative news involving Muslims.  Wondering why no one posts news like the following http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-37352942 could there be a bias? 

i think anyone can post news stories.  why didn't you post it until now?

12 hours ago, Buttus said:

i think anyone can post news stories.  why didn't you post it until now?

Yes they can and yes I could have, but I don't have an agenda and leave local news items to the local news sites.  
My point was to call out our members anti-Islam bias, the arguments these posts cause are heavily one sided and as no one really counters them intelligently.

• Like 1

On 09/16/2016 at 4:03 PM, Yazoo said:

If it bothers you, then post it and stop complaining someone else didn't post it.

My response to that article would be, "disgusting human being and wondering if such people should be given the death sentence". Or did you think house of us who openly discuss the based side of Islam would side with the racist thug? It seems to me you may be confused between people concerned with the welfare of their country against aggressive intruders and those who are simply racist...

11 hours ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

If that's true you aren't starting now

I wasn't trying, nice try.

8 minutes ago, restroom said:

If it bothers you, then post it and stop complaining someone else didn't post it.

My response to that article would be, "disgusting human being and wondering if such people should be given the death sentence". Or did you think house of us who openly discuss the based side of Islam would side with the racist thug? It seems to me you may be confused between people concerned with the welfare of their country against aggressive intruders and those who are simply racist...

You're clearly new to Neowin, the mods do a very good job here at Neowin.  Having read a large amount of posts made in the Religion thread over the years, concerns for the welfare of the country was not one of the things I got from it, ignorance and hatred have always been a common theme. Title of post says it all "Muslim stabs.." why not "Man stabs.." This thread was not started for open discussion of Islam.

meh, its Saturday night I'm going back to my beer.

15 hours ago, Yazoo said:

I wasn't trying, nice try.

You're clearly new to Neowin, the mods do a very good job here at Neowin.  Having read a large amount of posts made in the Religion thread over the years, concerns for the welfare of the country was not one of the things I got from it, ignorance and hatred have always been a common theme. Title of post says it all "Muslim stabs.." why not "Man stabs.." This thread was not started for open discussion of Islam.

meh, its Saturday night I'm going back to my beer.

I'm actually very old to neowin. Don't go by profiles.