CCTV captures the moment 'an election official stuffs a pile of voting papers in to a ballot box' in Russia as Putin's p

CCTV has emerged appearing to show an election official allegedly stuffing a pile of voting papers in to a ballot box in Russia. 

The ruling United Russia has cruised to an easy victory in parliamentary polls in a result that could pave the way for President Vladimir Putin to glide to a fourth term in 2018 elections.

But there have been claims of vote-rigging and video has now been released showing alleged ballot stuffing.

Surveillance footage shows a woman sitting at a desk producing a handful of papers from under another sheet of paper while another woman watches on.

• Film shows woman producing papers from desk at Russian polling station
  • CCTV shows her taking pile of papers and pushing them into ballot box
  • The footage comes amid claims of vote-rigging in the Russian elections
  • Ruling United Russia has cruised to an easy victory in parliamentary polls

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3796116/Putin-s-party-sweeps-victory-Russian-elections-amid-evidence-vote-rigging-CCTV-catching-one-woman-stuffing-multiple-vote-slips-ballot-box.html

What makes this much more amusing, is I was told by another member here:

Does the U.S. allow international observers to monitor its elections?

Just FYI, the Russian elections are always observed by the OSCE.

So, even with the OSCE observing, Russia still had a corrupt election?

• Like 2

It was Russian government who installed CCTVs on every single polling station.  Also the live stream was available online for everyone. But why bother with such minor details when you can just spout hateful propaganda.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ctebah said:

It was Russian government who installed CCTVs on every single polling station.  Also the live stream was available online for everyone. But why bother with such minor details when you can just spout hateful propaganda.

What point are you trying to make? That Russian gov just doesn't care about the corruption? Seems this news has gotten your jimmies rustled; there is certainly nothing hateful being said here...

• Like 3

Just now, Bryan R. said:

What point are you trying to make? That Russian gov just doesn't care about the corruption? Seems this news has gotten your jimmies rustled; there is certainly nothing hateful being said here...

I think I made myself pretty clear....

1 minute ago, ctebah said:

I think I made myself pretty clear....

Indeed. I look forward to you sharing a news article showing this official being charged.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ctebah said:

That is fine and dandy, I am glad you brought that up, however, the bulk of this article is about an elections official who stuffed ballots during the elections in Russia and was caught doing-so on CCTV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

That is fine and dandy, I am glad you brought that up, however, the bulk of this article is about an elections official who stuffed ballots during the elections in Russia and was caught doing-so on CCTV.

And that's exactly why CCTV cameras were installed.  Seems when Putin said that this was going to be the most transparent election ever, he was correct. 

...what....Russian elections corrupt?  No way.  A little tidbit.....

In 2012 Putin got 63.6% of the votes and the runner-up got 17.2%.  

In 2008 Medvedev got 71.2% of the votes and the runner-up got 18%

In 2004, Putin got 71.9% of the votes and the runner-up got 13.8%

Still can not match Saddam Hussein receiving 100% of his votes though.

For reference ... the widest margin of defeat in the US was Harding with 60.3% and the runner up with 34.2% (in 1920).

Interesting. :)

And that's exactly why CCTV cameras were installed.  Seems when Putin said that this was going to be the most transparent election ever, he was correct

I laughed. :) 

• Like 1

There is a wealth of information, data and studies, that show this happens every election in Russia. This is how Putin operates. Russia is a de facto dictatorship and the only way Putin is no longer President, is when he dies of old age. Putin has to show that he is winning by a large number, this demonstrates his power, if he wins by a small margin he could be seen as vulnerable. How can you not see corruption in the Russian elections? Putin skates by using a flaw in the constitution, he'll act as President for 2 years, then take a year off an be Prime Minister while his buddy is President, then rinse and repeate again. How is that not corrupt? Putin also could have done this on purpose, have the CCTVs, have someone get caught so it looks like they are being transparent, but behind the scenes he is sneakily doing something else.

No one should be surprised that Russia is corrupt along with Putin, lets re-visit 2011

Speaking to the election-monitoring Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, Clinton repeated criticism of Russia's weekend elections, in which Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's party won the largest share of parliament seats. Opposition politicians and election monitors say the result was inflated because of ballot-box stuffing and other vote fraud.

"Russian voters deserve a full investigation of electoral fraud and manipulation," Clinton said. Russia's top diplomat was present at the meeting in the Lithuanian capital, but the two did not plan to meet separately.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clinton-calls-for-russian-poll-fraud-probe/

It now makes a lot more sense why you jump into these conversations CTEBAH, after doing some googling, it seems you are Russian or live in Russia.

5 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Facts are always important.

And what the other guy posted was a fact, the person caught was an official. Whether they were a volunteer or paid to be there, they were still put into the position as an official at an election site. You're trying to put blame on a "volunteer," rather than an official because you feel it "looks better," and might help your case.

• Like 3

Just now, jjkusaf said:

...what....Russian elections corrupt?  No way.  A little tidbit.....

In 2012 Putin got 63.6% of the votes and the runner-up got 17.2%.  

In 2008 Medvedev got 71.2% of the votes and the runner-up got 18%

In 2004, Putin got 71.9% of the votes and the runner-up got 13.8%

Still can not match Saddam Hussein receiving 100% of his votes though.

For reference ... the widest margin of defeat in the US was Harding with 60.3% and the runner up with 34.2% (in 1920).

Interesting. :)

I laughed. :) 

Wait, the most popular politician in the most popular party won the election?

Stop the presses!!!!

For reference...there are more political parties in Russia than in US.  Talk about choice.... 

I guess, if you consider ballot box stuffing as the most popular party, then sure.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

There is a wealth of information, data and studies, that show this happens every election in Russia. This is how Putin operates. Russia is a de facto dictatorship and the only way Putin is no longer President, is when he dies of old age. Putin has to show that he is winning by a large number, this demonstrates his power, if he wins by a small margin he could be seen as vulnerable. How can you not see corruption in the Russian elections? Putin skates by using a flaw in the constitution, he'll act as President for 2 years, then take a year off an be Prime Minister while his buddy is President, then rinse and repeate again. How is that not corrupt? Putin also could have done this on purpose, have the CCTVs, have someone get caught so it looks like they are being transparent, but behind the scenes he is sneakily doing something else.

No one should be surprised that Russia is corrupt along with Putin, lets re-visit 2011

It now makes a lot more sense why you jump into these conversations CTEBAH, after doing some googling, it seems you are Russian or live in Russia.

And what the other guy posted was a fact, the person caught was an official. Whether they were a volunteer or paid to be there, they were still put into the position as an official at an election site. You're trying to put blame on a "volunteer," rather than an official because you feel it "looks better," and might help your case. Face it, Russia is corrupt, as is Putin just like the rest of the world where Politics exist. You can't just sit back and point the finger at the US when your own country has similar, if not worse problems in office.

Um, proud Canadian from the city that rhymes with "fun" here, but hey, let's put all the facts aside and use only assumptions.  You guys get excited far too easy. Russia elected the most popular politician and the Americans get to choose between Trump and Hillary.  I totally get it now....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

And what the other guy posted was a fact, the person caught was an official. Whether they were a volunteer or paid to be there, they were still put into the position as an official at an election site. You're trying to put blame on a "volunteer," rather than an official because you feel it "looks better," and might help your case. Face it, Russia is corrupt, as is Putin just like the rest of the world where Politics exist. You can't just sit back and point the finger at the US when your own country has similar, if not worse problems in office.

I unliked this just so I could like it again.   :) 

Just now, ctebah said:

Stop the presses!!!!

For reference...there are more political parties in Russia than in US.  Talk about choice.... 

Yea ... but come on man.  Really ... having over 46% more votes than the runner-up.  Please.  Plus ... what Circaflex just posted.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Circaflex said:

I guess, if you consider ballot box stuffing as the most popular party, then sure.

Of course.

1 minute ago, jjkusaf said:

I unliked this just so I could like it again.   :) 

Yea ... but come on man.  Really ... having over 46% more votes than the runner-up.  Please.  Plus ... what Circaflex just posted.  

The guy took back Crimea, brought Russia back on the international stage and in the same embarrassed the Americans multiple times....I'm frankly surprised he didn't win by wider margins.

1 minute ago, Nashy said:

America seem to always try to hate on Russia.  It's weird, they need to get over it.

It's not the American people, at least not the majority of them.  But enough have been influenced by the propaganda machine that the Russia (or a few select countries) are enemies, all so that huge military spending can be justified. 

There is a lot of hate in the US and the rise of Trump exposes it perfectly.

1 hour ago, ctebah said:

The guy took back Crimea, brought Russia back on the international stage and in the same embarrassed the Americans multiple times....I'm frankly surprised he didn't win by wider margins.

He "took back Crimea" to reunite the "ethnic Russians" in the region. Hitler said the same thing and Russia suffered much by his hand (Stalin didn't help his population much either). Irony?

2 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

He "took back Crimea" to reunite the "ethnic Russians" in the region. Hitler said the same thing and Russia suffered much by his hand (Stalin didn't help his population much either). Irony?

And then he held a vote which said it was the right thing to do.  Move on.

3 minutes ago, Nashy said:

And then he held a vote which said it was the right thing to do.  Move on.

As if said vote, held within Russia, justifies anything. I guess we could expect Mexico to vote to take back Texas and beyond and it'd be fine and dandy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

Still doesn't change the fact that Putin is very popular in Russia.  After the way Ukrainian government acted, I'm surprised he didn't take a bigger chunk of Ukraine away.  There's more Nazis in Eukraine now than there ever was.  

4 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

As if said vote, held within Russia, justifies anything. I guess we could expect Mexico to vote to take back Texas and beyond and it'd be fine and dandy.

Why not?  If the majority of the population of Texas were Mexican, and they voted to separate from the US and join Mexico, what's wrong with that?