Can the news authors please stop writing articles about crappy or harmful software?

1 minute ago, Skiver said:

I think people just need to understand what is at dispute here is not whether these types of applications are good or not, it's what you or a collective majority might think does not make that a fact. Someone has already stated "it may have helped one or two but on majority...." if it's helped one person then it certainly cannot be a fact that this software is in no way helpful.

Anyway - Steve has put this to bed, if you don't think the article is true then contact the writer, otherwise just move on. 

Thank you.

@Steven P.Will send PM to @Copernic with some feedback (and other ideas like putting a disclaimer about using those types of programs).

2 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

SOME circumstances? when is it EVER safe to use? When does it EVER do more good than bad?

You're claim is as just biased.

When? When the user is intelligent enough to know what it is doing, why, and has a reason for doing it. I've used them and never broken a single OS install. Ever.

But then, I've also gone in and manually edited the registry many, many times.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

When? When the user is intelligent enough to know what it is doing, why, and has a reason for doing it. I've used them and never broken a single OS install. Ever.

But then, I've also gone in and manually edited the registry many, many times.

manually editing the registry is different, then yo're actively targeting an error that you know is there, it's not what a registry cleaner or booster does. 

I've used registry cleaners as well. though despite removing thousands of dead references, in a registry, they don't actually improve performance. I have however personally seen a registry cleaner break a computer, though it was once, and I could fix it, though multiply it by millions and you have lots of dumb users installing cleaner and that blue booster ###### that was all over ads a few years back, and you have a lot of users who break they're computers and can't fix them.