Vladimir Guerrero Signs!

that is quite possibly the best ponit evermade on a Neowin forum. You also show a good understanding of the game. Pitching inside to the opposing pitcher is a nice touch you dont get with a DH.

Thanks, I'd like to think that I know more than my fair share about the game.

That's why I'm really excited about the guys the Cubs have on their staff. The way Wood pitches has already been stated, but there were two incidents last year that both involved one heavily armored Barry Bond that get me all excited.

The first was Prior plunking his ass in a game (in San Fran I think) and not backing down one bit when Bonds started yapping. First, I was amazed that he actually managed to hit him in a place that wasn't coverd by an inch of plastic and second that he had the balls to not only jab back at him but to talk about it after the game.

The second incident was Zambrano pitching to him at Wrigley with Bonds up with the bases loaded. Rather than pitching around him or being careful he went right at him and Bonds hit a liner back to Carlos that he snagged. He was all excited and pounding his chest and Bonds got all cry baby about it after the game saying something like "That kid will respect me...He'll learn fast." Zambrano fired back pointing out his hypocrisy with "It was a big out, when he hit his 500th home run, he stood at home plate and watched it a little while, and then he runs. He has been doing that since he was a rookie, so I can do anything I want."

Man, another long post. Sorry again for the psot as well as hijacking the thread. About Vlad...he's easily one of the top 5 hitters in the game so he'll hit anyones pitching. The Angels have improved remarkably with Colon, Escobar, and Vlad. The AL West should be interesting as always (well except for the last place team who shall remain in Texas...I mean nameless.