Do not use Ammyy Admin (Remote login) software. Ransomware Alert.

I tried to contact my CA and he was unreachable for past 3-4 days. Today he called up and told me that he had to suspend work because he was infected with Cerber ransomware while trying to import his digital certificate. :laugh:

He lost 20 days of work and took last few days to get up to speed. I wished I could've warned him. Apparently this Virus is wreaking havoc in India because this useless tech support company is asking everyone to install Ammyy Admin. Their digital signature flash drive has install problems. So they are using remote login to push the updated version of installer which correctly installs their newer digital signature.

On 9/25/2016 at 1:34 AM, Danielx64 said:

you know what else pisses me off? Not having prices up so you have to contact then to get a quote.

Yep, that REALLY PISSES ME OFF, when a site does that. It goes like this ..."###### em....*leaves site*..

What also pisses me off is when an eBay lister doesn't add a simple word to the description (so I can also remove it from my search), like broken or cracked. They list it in the listing at the bottom, but the entire thing feels douche! Probably hoping the person doesn't see it.

• 3 years later...
On 9/21/2016 at 9:30 PM, d5aqoëp said:

I did a clean 3 pass format and reinstalled Windows again. My backup was of yesterday's so I did not lose any data. So big <snipped> to those ransomware makers. Let them rot in hell while I move on with my life. Only 2 hrs lost but I still can smile.

What do you use to backup, do you do snapshot images?

44 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

What do you use to backup, do you do snapshot images?

Hey Steven, you didn't notice I guess (neither did I at first), but the thread is from late 2016... *sigh*

Yeah some 1 post wonder spammer dug up this thread to promote their "alternative" <rolleyes>.. reported..

• Like 2

Just a quick update since this 2 yr thread was resurrected. The same support company has moved to Teamviewer and they don’t use AmyyAdmin anymore. Guess they too must have got the ransomware. 

38 minutes ago, d5aqoëp said:

Just a quick update since this 2 yr thread was resurrected. The same support company has moved to Teamviewer and they don’t use AmyyAdmin anymore. Guess they too must have got the ransomware. 

Hello :) What do you use to backup?