youtube strike

lol this seems like something I should be asking google directly, but they never answer and their community forum never answers...

OK check this out,  about 2 years ago I received a copyright strike on youtube and wondered what video they were nagging about...  turns out,  none!   An entirely different user named zombiehunterizlude got a strike for one of their videos and the strike came to me because of "similar user names"... not sure how that's valid, but it happened and apparently still happens in the youtube community... as a safety measure (lol).

Dispute and delete video buttons did nothing, just pulled up random error strings or sometimes said "does not exist"  Well today it looks like they updated the page layout (new graphics etc..) and the strike page now shows an actual expiration date (didn't before).

This is GOOD, it says it expires sept 23 2016  (today for me)  wow, so after all this time I just happened to check on the day it actually expires!  I hope?  Do you think it will disappear now?  Or do I have to click the "delete video" button now?

That's another thing,  the delete video button did nothing before, but then it disappeared for a while, now it's back.  Should I wait to press it after the expiration date or before?