Crashing if PC use any graphic aceleration. Bad GPU?

Not sure if the title is explanatory, my main language is not english.

My computer is 3 years old, working perfectly until some days ago, when playing a game (a 2D one, not graphics intensive) I saw some weird "things" on the screen, like flickering, and the computer crashed and restarted, after that only the VGA (low resolution) mode works (including save mode, or normal without graphics driver). In a normal boot, when Windows change resolution to native (to show me the login screen), the computer crash and restart, it's a blue screen because a minidump file is created, but I cannot see any bsod.

Randomly, like 1 of 20 restarts, the resolution actually change to native, and everything works (even for hours) until I open any software that use the graphics card acceleration, including 2D, like Firefox, opening a 3D game crash and reset the computer instantly.

I did some tests, I am 99% sure is not software problem, and not overheating, I removed the graphics card (using integrated Intel at the moment) and have plans to buy a new one (new graphics card). The reason of this post is to see if someone has an idea, or maybe the problem is not the graphics card, sadly I don't have a 2nd computer to test. The PSU is an expensive one and working at the moment, I don't think the mother board has any problem.

Yeah, I'd say the GFX card as well. What card did you have?

Expensive means nothing when you come to PSU's. Even a cheapo one can outlive an expensive one. It all depends on how it is made. What Manufacturer and Wattage amount?

8 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Yeah, I'd say the GFX card as well. What card did you have?

Expensive means nothing when you come to PSU's. Even a cheapo one can outlive an expensive one. It all depends on how it is made. What Manufacturer and Wattage amount?

It's a GTX 560 Ti, played thousands of hours with that card without any problem, I want/need to upgrade anyway, but I don't want to buy/install a new card to have the same problem and crashes, that's my fear.

With "expensive PSU" I was trying to say it's both quality and high watts (750w if I remember correctly), and perfectly working for 3 years.

9 minutes ago, NeHoMaR said:

It's a GTX 560 Ti, played thousands of hours with that card without any problem, I want/need to upgrade anyway, but I don't want to buy/install a new card to have the same problem and crashes, that's my fear.

With "expensive PSU" I was trying to say it's both quality and high watts (750w if I remember correctly), and perfectly working for 3 years.

I always try to keep a spare PSU around.  It's a pretty common piece of hardware to have issues with and do weird things.  I have had bad power supplies cause graphics driver BSoDs among other things.

It's probably the graphics card. I also have a 560 Ti and have a sort of similar issue. I don't have crashes in games, but randomly, when I'm browsing (specially when watching videos in a browser) I get a TDRs and in some cases a complete hard freeze, meaning I have to turn off the PC by holding the power button.

I think this is an issue with some 560 Ti cards. I suppose it's time to get a new one anyway. Latest games are too heavy for it. Looking for a 6GB 1060 or an 8GB 480.

I tested again, reinstalled the card and drivers, mysteriously I was able to open a 3D game for 3 minutes until I got some obvious artifacts, similar to when a card has a too high overclock, but mine is not overclocked at all. I closed the game and (also mysteriously) after a minute the computer crashed when it was idle in desktop. I removed the card again, zero problems now.