Sabertooth X79 board and new video card

Hello,

Verify that all of the cabling inside the computer's chassis is seated properly, both data and power, by reseating each cable.  Unplug and pull each cable back a few mm, then reconnect.  If you have any other expansion cards, reseat them as well.  This sounds like something was accidentally jostled loose during video card installation, like the ATX power cable.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I held the memo button for 30+ seconds, and tried holding it while plugging it in etc..  Didnt seem to do anything

I finally got the kids to quit playing Assasins creed and tried their power supply and no luck.

The next thing I would like to try is a different heat sink as this one I have is huge and takes up the whole board so I cant see the RAM lights or anything.

Then I will reseat the CPU and try it and maybe the lights will tell me something, if not I will have a new heat sink for my next processor and MoBo.

14 hours ago, benplace said:

I actually do have another PS in my kids gaming rig I built. I will try that tomorrow and that should answer that question.

I like the idea about connecting the jumpers for the power switch button.  Could I also switch the reset and on off pins and use the reset switch to power it up?

not really no. 

check your LED combination in your Asus motherboard book, they are there to tell you whats failing on power on. All Asus mobos since Z68s have them. 1 for VGA 1 for RAM and 1 for CPU

None of the motherboard LEDs come on at all.  I just went and bought a new CMOS battery and no luck.

I have been reading and it sounds like all I need to get this to at least power up the fans is a CPU and Power supply.  I tried to see if the fans would spin up with nothing plugged in, no RAM, No GPU, no drives.  Still nothing, this leads me to believe its either the board or the CPU.  Tomorrow I am taking it into the office and going to reseat the CPU.  After that I am replacing the MoBo and it will be a good time to upgrade to Skylake. 

I just found where I stored my bitlocker key so thats good...

35 minutes ago, benplace said:

None of the motherboard LEDs come on at all.  I just went and bought a new CMOS battery and no luck.

I have been reading and it sounds like all I need to get this to at least power up the fans is a CPU and Power supply.  I tried to see if the fans would spin up with nothing plugged in, no RAM, No GPU, no drives.  Still nothing, this leads me to believe its either the board or the CPU.  Tomorrow I am taking it into the office and going to reseat the CPU.  After that I am replacing the MoBo and it will be a good time to upgrade to Skylake. 

I just found where I stored my bitlocker key so thats good...

hmm thats not sounding good at all mate, i think the mobo is fried. Hope im wrong.