Sent an unhappy e-mail to Amazon

53 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

So I made a mistake, I am not perfect. No reason to have a staff member act like that. Not everyone is perfect, humans ,make mistakes. A staff member should act responsibly and with dignity as they represent Neowin.

In my experience with you, you are incredibly thin skinned, you go running off to mod/admin the moment someone criticises you. This is an adult discussion group and you need to learn to deal with people disagreeing with you in a more adult manner. All that Xendrome did was pointed out that you were pedalling misinformation, which he is perfectly entitled to do. You can't spend your entire adult life living in an echo chamber, you need to learn to accept debate, and stop expecting that people treat you with kid gloves when you're wrong.

Also, staff are entitled to opinions as well, they aren't robots.

3 hours ago, Gary7 said:

That is your opinion. If you don't pay them $99 a year you get a ton of it. ask the OP , seems like he is getting some.:wacko:

i dont have prime and spend hundreds a year with amazon professionally and privately, ive only ever found amazon CS to amongst the best online, no quibble refunds, cant say better than that imo.

Heck they even refunded myself £250 for an Epson Coloour Laser printer that after 3 months failed, after contacting Epson directly, they tried to charge me for the fault (Epson that is), I complained to amazon and they took it back without a second thought, refunded me the entire cost (and shipping) and gave me £50 off my next order, which was a Colour HP laserjet for my dad.

Amazon could have easily said, sorry its been more than 28 days, contact Epson directly, but they didnt.

That doesnt smell of BS to me or for hum, hes getting all the shipping back, try that with E-buyer ;) (get CS to even respond to a query from them), they work their CS reps company bonuses on not sending out RMA for purchased goods. 

Amazon may be a lot of things (tax evaders etc etc) but their 100% no quibble returns policy is the best on the market. Hell you can even change your mind a month in with a product and thats accepted as a Returns reason, try that with almost anyone else ;) 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Javik said:

In my experience with you, you are incredibly thin skinned, you go running off to mod/admin the moment someone criticises you. This is an adult discussion group and you need to learn to deal with people disagreeing with you in a more adult manner. All that Xendrome did was pointed out that you were pedalling misinformation, which he is perfectly entitled to do. You can't spend your entire adult life living in an echo chamber, you need to learn to accept debate, and stop expecting that people treat you with kid gloves when you're wrong.

Staff members should not be calling members liars, that is not very professional. They do represent Neowin. So now members are coming out of the woodwork just to spam a thread, Your opinion of me does not matter. If I did report a post you would have no way of knowing it.

12 hours ago, Hum said:

Anyone else been deceived by FREE shipping ?

Why does the FREE shipping not work ?

I added 5 items to my cart, all advertised with the FREE shipping, over $49.

When I go to the checkout, no free shipping appears -- it tries to charge me over $15. -- I had $57 of items.

I have cancelled order after order, when I find out there is NO free shipping.

When is Amazon going to fix this problem ?

Couldn't tell you, I have prime :p

10 minutes ago, Mando said:

i dont have prime and spend hundreds a year with amazon professionally and privately, ive only ever found amazon CS to amongst the best online, no quibble refunds, cant say better than that imo.

Heck they even refunded myself £250 for an Epson Coloour Laser printer that after 3 months failed, after contacting Epson directly, they tried to charge me for the fault (Epson that is), I complained to amazon and they took it back without a second thought, refunded me the entire cost (and shipping) and gave me £50 off my next order, which was a Colour HP laserjet for my dad.

Amazon could have easily said, sorry its been more than 28 days, contact Epson directly, but they didnt.

That doesnt smell of BS to me or for hum, hes getting all the shipping back, try that with E-buyer ;) (get CS to even respond to a query from them), they work their CS reps company bonuses on not sending out RMA for purchased goods. 

Amazon may be a lot of things (tax evaders etc etc) but their 100% no quibble returns policy is the best on the market. Hell you can even change your mind a month in with a product and thats accepted as a Returns reason, try that with almost anyone else ;) 

I got a refund as well, I just do not like their policies. Read it.

59 minutes ago, Xilo said:

Reading is a good skill to have.

Agreed, thinking you can correctly interpret tone from a few words in a hastily made forum post not so much ;)  Made by a stranger on the internet.. Where there is a mix of different native languages involved and many posts are either read or posted by people where english is not their native tongue.  Yeah good luck correctly assessing their tone.

Without facial expressions or actual voice inflections.. People tend to read into things negativity, when quite often this is not the case at...  I tend to add lots of winks and smile faces in my posts to emphasize friendly tones.  These seems to be misinterpreted most of the time as well.

There are many people here that seem to think the whole freaking world is out to get them, and if post is not written in a tone to make it sound like your asking for a raise from your ###### boss that likes his ass kissed. Then your being rude and a dick.. Maybe you are, maybe your not - why should anyone freaking care.  Take the information you need or want out of the post and move on.

My personal assessment of most people here is that they are 13 year old girls who's bf just dumped them, and they just got their first period and we are their mom trying to tell them to clean up their room or something.  Everything we say is like we are screaming they are ugly..

If your posting fud, then your posting fud and should be called on it.  If your going to complain that someone didn't say please recheck your facts before posting or hey dipshit your posting fud your just being a douche ;)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Agreed, thinking you can correctly interpret tone from a few words in a hastily made forum post not so much ;)  Made by a stranger on the internet.. Where there is a mix of different native languages involved and many posts are either rad or posted by people where english is not their native tongue.  Yeah good luck correctly assessing their tone.

Without facial expressions or actual voice inflections.. People tend to read into things negativity, when quite often this is not the case at...  I tend to add lots of winks and smile faces in my posts to emphasize friendly tones.  These seems to be misinterpreted most of the time as well.

There are many people here that seem to think the whole freaking world is out to get them, and if post is not written in a tone to make it sound like your asking for a raise from your ###### boss that likes his ass kissed. Then your being rude and a dick.. Maybe you are, maybe your not - why should anyone freaking care.  Take the information you need or want out of the post and move on.

My personal assessment of most people here is that they are 13 year old girls who's bf just dumped them, and they just got their first period and we are their mom trying to tell them to clean up their room or something.  Everything we say is like we are screaming they are ugly..

If your posting fud, then your posting fud and should be called on it.  If your going to complain that someone didn't say please recheck your facts before posting or hey dipshit your posting fud your just being a douche ;)

So if you happen to be wrong, you are posting FUD. I do not think so.

3 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Agreed, thinking you can correctly interpret tone from a few words in a hastily made forum post not so much ;)  Made by a stranger on the internet.. Where there is a mix of different native languages involved and many posts are either read or posted by people where english is not their native tongue.  Yeah good luck correctly assessing their tone.

I also meant the fact that so many people expect things or are disappointed with something or fail when if they would actually read properly, it wouldn't happen.

4 minutes ago, BudMan said:

This post just comes up as "conentius" no percentage even...

18 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I got a refund as well, I just do not like their policies. Read it.

I just did mate (it seemed the respectful thing to do), and it shows amazon in an even better light, in my situation, how cool amazon were to return (at no cost to myself) on the 3 month old Epson printer & give me £50 for the trouble on top of a full refund. (and i can confirm i am not a prime member)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161020

im not having a bash at you Gary, sorry if it comes across like that buddy ;) but with my experiences with Amazon seem to be worlds away from what you experienced, and im genuinely surprised at that (doesnt mean i doubt you for a second), but hey its a huge worldwide company so perhaps CS quality varies in different markets. 

A recent issue i had with amazon EU fulfilled order, entailed of my lovely new Corsair 400C case being delivered it seemed when i was not home, the courier had my surname in POD field, yet nobody was home.

A quick 5 minute call to Amazon CS got the entire shipment cost & expedited delivery refunded in approx 20 minutes, how were amazon to know if i had signed for it nor not?, it didnt stop them refunding me 100% just by my word.

Turns out a neighbour signed for it yet Parcel force (the courier) didnt put a card through my door or notify me they delivered elsewhere. 10 days later the parcel appeared after it being sat in said neighbours house while he went on holiday. Can that be pinned on amazon due to a flakey courier? 

Amazon were totally cool when i phoned them up, and I agreed there and then to pay for the parcel that had gone "missing" I could have easily kept mouth shut, but I felt it was the right thing to do, its a two way street.

Edited by Mando

1 hour ago, shockz said:

This is what you always say when someone calls out the FUD you spread. When you're woefully unequipped with actual, correct knowledge on the discussion your participating in, be prepared to get **** on.

Exactly, EVERY SINGLE TIME he doesnt fail. It is always "im done here." I am taking my ball and going home! Wah wah! But hell for sure return and continue the discussion because he cant leave well enough alone.

38 minutes ago, Javik said:

Well said Javik!

• Like 1

One thing thats very good to use Amazon for, using as a bargaining tool to other vendors, I do it in work ALL the time, sure im happy to support local businesses etc, we do so as part of our ISO14001 accreditation.

But if its cheaper at amazon (inc shipping) I tell them as much, basically with, ok tell you what, I can get it for £x per SKU from Amazon, if you can beat that with their shipping supplied on their cost, you can have the order. 

works 99% of the time with suppliers of IT kit (helps knowing the markup on corp tech)

So when did Neowin get overrun by the safe spaces "you hurt my feelings now apologize" set? 

You all need to grow up and learn to not spread lies and take criticism like an adult, outside of college there are no "safe spaces" and you WILL learn to deal with differences of opinions, and no your company's HR dept will do nothing about all the crying you do 

1 minute ago, Mando said:

One thing thats very good to use Amazon for, using as a bargaining tool to other vendors, I do it in work ALL the time, sure im happy to support local businesses etc, we do so as part of our ISO14001 accreditation.

But if its cheaper at amazon (inc shipping) I tell them as much, basically with, ok tell you what, I can get it for £x per SKU from Amazon, if you can beat that with their shipping supplied on their cost, you can have the order. 

works 99% of the time with suppliers of IT kit (helps knowing the markup on corp tech)

Yup, I do this as well and it works wonders even at retail stores.

1 minute ago, Anibal P said:

So when did Neowin get overrun by the safe spaces "you hurt my feelings now apologize" set? 

You all need to grow up and learn to not spread lies and take criticism like an adult, outside of college there are no "safe spaces" and you WILL learn to deal with differences of opinions, and no your company's HR dept will do nothing about all the crying you do 

Yer!

Big nose has spoken :rofl: c`mon everyone lets kiss and make up, the worlds ###### enough as it is without neowin brethren falling out with each other. 

2 minutes ago, Anibal P said:

I wish that the members that are spamming this thread and had nothing to do with it should just stop. I stand by what I said about Zen If you people don't like it, get over yourself.

2 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Yup, I do this as well and it works wonders even at retail stores.

agreed, with local suppliers ill allow them 5-10% on top of amazon costs.