Sex offender used special software that erased what he'd been browsing on his computer

17 minutes ago, Hum said:

It is always bad to assume.

Well what order do you think he violated?

2 minutes ago, Hum said:

I don't know -- but I would expect anyone doing crimes to try covering up.

Look at the Clintons ...

The Clintons are not the subject but I didn't think you could stay focused and on point for more than 30 seconds. LOL

27 minutes ago, Hum said:

I don't know -- but I would expect anyone doing crimes to try covering up.

Look at the Clintons ...

Please try and be mature enough not to drag politics into a non-political thread. 

11 hours ago, Gary7 said:

It does not state in The OP how many times it was wiped.

http://www.piriform.com/docs/recuva/recuva-settings/options-general

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutmann_method

All I know is that Hillary's Server was wiped but her data was retrieved,

Because her aide copied her emails onto a Gmail account as a backup. Besides I believe there were several other sources where her emails ended up.

What the hell are you guys talking about!?!

He IS a convicted Paedophile and as part of that conviction, it is a requirement that he does not use anything to cover his tracks of where he has been online. Where the hell does it talk about the use of deleting cookies or using CCleaner as being illegal? You really seem to be taking 1 + 1 and making 3000 here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skiver said:

He IS a convicted Paedophile and as part of that conviction, it is a requirement that he does not use anything to cover his tracks of where he has been online. Where the hell does it talk about the use of deleting cookies or using CCleaner as being illegal? You really seem to be taking 1 + 1 and making 3000 here.

Damn, you beat me to it. I was sat here thinking, "this all makes perfect sense."

Just now, Nick H. said:

Damn, you beat me to it. I was sat here thinking, "this all makes perfect sense."

I actually had to go back to the article and re-read because of a number of comments I thought I had missed something!

He wasn't using a VPN or Tor, so his internet logs would be on his ISP anyway, regardless where he went or what he downloaded. 

5 minutes ago, Anarkii said:

He wasn't using a VPN or Tor, so his internet logs would be on his ISP anyway, regardless where he went or what he downloaded. 

Which again is irrelevant and not the point.

He breached his order by doing it.

The police had to spend more time and effort to prove he had not done anything else illegal which is what he is now leading to him being charged for that effort.