2017 Ford Raptor Now With More Whirrs !


 Share

Recommended Posts

T3X4S

Capture.JPG

Now that is one cool truck.
Living in a part of the country where trucks are common.
And, living in a part of Texas where $40,000 truck is considered entry level - that thing is even cooler now !

I dont like the white or the wheels they have on there - but its still a Raptor... now with more whirrs !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Scrip
8 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

And, living in a part of Texas where $40,000 truck is considered entry level...

I saw a Youtube review of some new Toyota Tacoma that was around $40,000.

 

Holy crap have trucks gotten expensive!

Link to post
Share on other sites

+JHBrown

Nice power from that V6 engine, however, nothing beats the sound of a V8 engine.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

T3X4S
24 minutes ago, Michael Scrip said:

I saw a Youtube review of some new Toyota Tacoma that was around $40,000.

 

Holy crap have trucks gotten expensive!

A decent, mid-grade F150, in Texas, will run around $45,000.  A nice one around $55,000.

Yes, they are expensive, and keep going up.  Dealerships know people down here will pay whatever they ask for an F150.

5 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Nice power from that V6 engine, however, nothing beats the sound of a V8 engine.

You are right about that. (Y)

500ft lb of torque!  that is just crazy though.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

adrynalyne
2 hours ago, T3X4S said:

A decent, mid-grade F150, in Texas, will run around $45,000.  A nice one around $55,000.

Yes, they are expensive, and keep going up.  Dealerships know people down here will pay whatever they ask for an F150.

You are right about that. (Y)

500ft lb of torque!  that is just crazy though.

 

Mid grade for 45k? Is that dealer markup? I can configure one nearly fully loaded for 45k from the site not including incentives and sales. If you want crazy torque you want a turbo Cummins.  865ft lb. 

Edited by adrynalyne
Link to post
Share on other sites

sc302
4 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Mid grade for 45k? Is that dealer markup? I can configure one nearly fully loaded for 45k from the site not including incentives and sales.

no, go visit a local dealer page.

 

You might find a few that are sub 40, but you get passed the first page you will find that the majority is above 40k that they have on the lots.  Majority = average price....could even be considered entry level when all the low end ones are grabbed up.  Right now in my area it is a good time to buy as about 7 out of the 67 on the lot are under 40k....lowest being 37k MSRP without discounts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

ATLien_0

I can't even imagine though paying that much for a truck and still getting at most 15 mpg around the city. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

adrynalyne
2 hours ago, sc302 said:

no, go visit a local dealer page.

 

You might find a few that are sub 40, but you get passed the first page you will find that the majority is above 40k that they have on the lots.  Majority = average price....could even be considered entry level when all the low end ones are grabbed up.  Right now in my area it is a good time to buy as about 7 out of the 67 on the lot are under 40k....lowest being 37k MSRP without discounts.

Hence I asked, is that dealer markup?

51 minutes ago, wv@gt said:

I can't even imagine though paying that much for a truck and still getting at most 15 mpg around the city. 

Raptors really aren't daily drivers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

wakjak

And in Canada they're probably priced at $70,000 for the lower end model up to $80/$90k after tax...

Link to post
Share on other sites

ATLien_0
51 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Hence I asked, is that dealer markup?

Raptors really aren't daily drivers. 

I know they aren't, but at least around my area I see a lot of them in my daily commute 

Link to post
Share on other sites

adrynalyne
16 minutes ago, wv@gt said:

I know they aren't, but at least around my area I see a lot of them in my daily commute 

Actually, I looked and those are just city specs. That's not that bad for what it is and if you drive sensibly you probably get better. My GT is rated for 16/25. I regularly get 19-21 mpg city. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

starman3344

Too bad, I'm Neva going up there

Link to post
Share on other sites

T3X4S
11 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Mid grade for 45k? Is that dealer markup? I can configure one nearly fully loaded for 45k from the site not including incentives and sales. If you want crazy torque you want a turbo Cummins.  865ft lb. 

Not in Texas.

Certain areas are hotbeds for truck sales.  Here, you will pay more for an F150.  Its just the way it is.

What the website tells you is not what you will really pay.

For instance, if you go out in the country, it might be hard to find an F250 that isnt a diesel.  Or, it might be tough to find a Ford truck that isnt an F250.

Its all about where you are.

My brother's F350 was $75K - absolutely crazy for a truck.  But he needs a dually monster as he has a rather large camper he pulls when they go on little trips.

Where my parents used to live in Flower Mound is where they have the Cattlebaron's Ball - Its a black tie affair for oilmen and large ranch owners (the people who use helicopters to patrol their "yard".
It was like a truck show for insanely nice trucks.  It is kinda funny because you have people who could pay cash for a fleet of Mercedes - yet, they hop out of their trucks in $2000 boots, with cow crap on them :)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

+Gary7

That is a nice Truck, I I think Ford has taken over the Truck market.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

T3X4S
2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

That is a nice Truck, I I think Ford has taken over the Truck market.

Yes.  I am going tomorrow to get a new car.  I have an appt with someone @ the local Infiniti dealership, but I think I might go to the local Ford dealership just to look.
I have no use for a truck, but I like them.  My golf clubs are the largest thing I will need to "haul" around.
I am seriously considering getting the Q50 Red Sport, but I havent made up my mind.  This will be my 4th Infiniti - I might change if I cant get a good deal.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

T3X4S

Then again, I just watched this about BMW Audi's Laser headlights - make me thinking of doing the unthinkable and looking @ BMW.  I swore I would never own one - but those are really cool headlights :)

I actually dont know what to do - I hate having to get a new car but my G37 is now 5 years old w/ 100,000 miles , and its time.  (dont like not having a warranty)

Link to post
Share on other sites

+Gary7
1 minute ago, T3X4S said:

Yes.  I am going tomorrow to get a new car.  I have an appt with someone @ the local Infiniti dealership, but I think I might go to the local Ford dealership just to look.
I have no use for a truck, but I like them.  My golf clubs are the largest thing I will need to "haul" around.
I am seriously considering getting the Q50 Red Sport, but I havent made up my mind.  This will be my 4th Infiniti - I might change if I cant get a good deal.
 

They are good cars, I drive a 2000 Acura 3.2TL with 105,000 miles on it and it still will do 135 MPH.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

T3X4S
1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

They are good cars, I drive a 2000 Acura 3.2TL with 105,000 miles on it and it still will do 135 MPH.

Oh heck yes.  It has gotten a little long in the tooth, but it will still put a smile on my face when I open it up on the highway.
The Q50 Red Sport w/ the 400hp should do the same :) - I just cant make up my mind.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

sc302
23 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Then again, I just watched this about BMW Audi's Laser headlights - make me thinking of doing the unthinkable and looking @ BMW.  I swore I would never own one - but those are really cool headlights :)

I actually dont know what to do - I hate having to get a new car but my G37 is now 5 years old w/ 100,000 miles , and its time.  (dont like not having a warranty)

I say drive it until repairs are over 1000, or a few car payments. Then dump it.  At 100k you prob don't owe anything on it and it isn't costing you any extra to keep it on the road. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

+Gary7
9 minutes ago, sc302 said:

I say drive it until repairs are over 1000, or a few car payments. Then dump it.  At 100k you prob don't owe anything on it and it isn't costing you any extra to keep it on the road. 

I paid my car off years ago and for being  16 years old it has low mileage. The Acura dealer wants to buy it every time I go there. But I know people that have over 200K on theirs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim K
39 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Oh heck yes.  It has gotten a little long in the tooth, but it will still put a smile on my face when I open it up on the highway.
The Q50 Red Sport w/ the 400hp should do the same :) - I just cant make up my mind.

I've enjoyed mine!  Gotta be careful though ... it can get you in trouble quickly.

 

Nice truck too.  Been thinking about buying a used F-150 and getting rid of my old Explorer Sport...not a Raptor though.  One fast car is enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

adrynalyne
1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

They are good cars, I drive a 2000 Acura 3.2TL with 105,000 miles on it and it still will do 135 MPH.

Top speed isn't half as important as how fast it can get up to that speed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

+JHBrown
1 hour ago, T3X4S said:

Yes.  I am going tomorrow to get a new car.  I have an appt with someone @ the local Infiniti dealership, but I think I might go to the local Ford dealership just to look.
I have no use for a truck, but I like them.  My golf clubs are the largest thing I will need to "haul" around.
I am seriously considering getting the Q50 Red Sport, but I havent made up my mind.  This will be my 4th Infiniti - I might change if I cant get a good deal.
 

This should fit you nicely, I can see you in it. The 2017 E400. I picked one up in June after the lease on my 2014 E350 was up. Enough power for a daily driver. I almost got rid of the Shelby you hate so much, to get a C-Class AMG, however, I think this is a nice setup for me. The GT500 for power, and the E-Class as the daily driver.

 

 

2017-Mercedes-Benz-E400-4Matic-rear-three-quarter1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

+Gary7
1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

Top speed isn't half as important as how fast it can get up to that speed. 

It gets up to that speed in quite a short time. I know that I can get get it up to 100 on a 1/4 mile . For as old as it is that is pretty good I think. It has a auto/manual transmission. You can choose want to use.

Link to post
Share on other sites

adrynalyne
2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

It gets up to that speed in quite a short time. I know that I can get get it up to 100 on a 1/4 mile . For as old as it is that is pretty good I think. It has a auto/manual transmission. You can choose want to use.

How much HP?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.