2017 Ford Raptor Now With More Whirrs !

6 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Not terrible for that much HP. Must be a reasonably light car. 

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door sedan

PRICE AS TESTED: $33,710 (base price: $31,710)

ENGINE TYPE: SOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, Honda PGM-FI engine-control system with port fuel injection
Displacement: 196 cu in, 3210cc
Power (SAE net): 260 bhp @ 6100 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 232 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 5-speed automatic with lockup torque converter

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 108.1 in Length: 192.5 in
Curb weight: 3534 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 6.2 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 16.0 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 36.9 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 6.5 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 14.8 sec @ 96 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 147 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 186 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad 0.81 g

The only problem is that I have to use High Test gas. Not so much today but when I got it the HT Gas was over $3.2 ../gallon

2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

The only problem is that I have to use High Test gas. Not so much today but when I got it the HT Gas was over $3.2 ../gallon

I do as well because I want all my horses. I don't take it on trips though so I usually get two weeks to a tank. 

16 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Now that is one cool truck.
Living in a part of the country where trucks are common.
And, living in a part of Texas where $40,000 truck is considered entry level - that thing is even cooler now !

I dont like the white or the wheels they have on there - but its still a Raptor... now with more whirrs !

Yes please. I decided a while ago that my next vehicle would either be one of these, a Ford Raptor, or a Toyota Tacoma TRD edition.

11 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

I've enjoyed mine!  Gotta be careful though ... it can get you in trouble quickly.

Nice truck too.  Been thinking about buying a used F-150 and getting rid of my old Explorer Sport...not a Raptor though.  One fast car is enough.

Man, Im glad that you posted.  I knew someone in here just bought a Q50 Red Sport.
If you dont mind (and I hope you see this before I go up there tomorrow) - do you have any complaints ?

When I had the 2015 Q50 demo for a month while my G was in the shop - I hated the software.  So many stupid issues with my iPhone and bluetooth - and the software would keep bugging out.
Have you experienced anything like that ?

I like Infiniti - and I am going there specifically to look @ the Red Sport, but with my fiance getting the new Q60 - I would rather have a little variety in the driveway.
I have thought about a Mercedes, an Audi, (and suping them up), or an F150, ... just cant make up my mind.
Only thing I want is something kinda fast, but nice.
I cant afford something really fast, so I'm looking at something that is just respectable, not face-melting GT-R fast.  

11 hours ago, sc302 said:

I say drive it until repairs are over 1000, or a few car payments. Then dump it.  At 100k you prob don't owe anything on it and it isn't costing you any extra to keep it on the road. 

No, its paid off, so it sucks to have car payments again - but oh well.

It is getting to the point where it needs numerous repairs, and I am reluctant to start a money pit scenario.
I dont like keeping cars around, so I usually lease them, but bought the current car.

I also want something faster.
I got really spoiled when I had the GT-R for a while (my father's that he couldnt drive) - so I'd like to have something with a little magic under her skirt.

18 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

No, its paid off, so it sucks to have car payments again - but oh well.

It is getting to the point where it needs numerous repairs, and I am reluctant to start a money pit scenario.
I dont like keeping cars around, so I usually lease them, but bought the current car.

I also want something faster.
I got really spoiled when I had the GT-R for a while (my father's that he couldnt drive) - so I'd like to have something with a little magic under her skirt.

Get a Vette. As soon as my daughter starts college I will be getting rid of my mustang for one. 

4 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Get a Vette. As soon as my daughter starts college I will be getting rid of my mustang for one. 

Yeah, Vettes are cool again - but they are not me.  I thought about a CTS-V but I wouldn't want a standard.

I would have to have adjustable suspension as well.  With my spine problems - a stiff sports car is murder.  It was the coolness of the Godzilla factor and a TON of tramadol that got me through driving the GT-R.
That thing was a mobile reality distortion field - it would rattle your teeth out, feel like someone had a hammer to your spinal cord, and sounded like it was going to either fall apart or explode - but you didnt care - and the faster you went - the less those things annoy you.  (but as you know - that is the case with any really badass car)

I dunno - maybe I'll get a freaking Focus ST or Honda Civic Si - give away my closet and get some skinny jeans, a hipster haircut, grow a beard and say things like "bruh ... rancid" &  hang out with my mac @ Starbucks & buy a cat ...
OK - that comment means I need sleep.

8 hours ago, sc302 said:

Sweet Jesus that is insane!
There is an old man that has a Hennessey Dodge RAM RT (the one with the viper engine) that lives around here somewhere - I'd like to see this thing up against his truck.

How in the world do you keep the rear from spinning out constantly - all that torque and no weight on the back end.

The Hellcat-powered Jeep Cherokee is pretty insane too.

Jeep Cherokees were amazing decades ago - everyone had a Jeep Cherokee Grand Waggoneer if you had a little money.
Then, they went downhill so bad - so unreliable.  I'd like a Cherokee with the Hemi or something if I knew it would stay out of the shop.

Right now it is a "concept" but it doesn't have a concept truck look. Sure there are a few things added for flair but the majority of it looks ready for production. 

And yea, it looks fun. 

7 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Man, Im glad that you posted.  I knew someone in here just bought a Q50 Red Sport.
If you dont mind (and I hope you see this before I go up there tomorrow) - do you have any complaints ?

When I had the 2015 Q50 demo for a month while my G was in the shop - I hated the software.  So many stupid issues with my iPhone and bluetooth - and the software would keep bugging out.
Have you experienced anything like that ?

I like Infiniti - and I am going there specifically to look @ the Red Sport, but with my fiance getting the new Q60 - I would rather have a little variety in the driveway.
I have thought about a Mercedes, an Audi, (and suping them up), or an F150, ... just cant make up my mind.
Only thing I want is something kinda fast, but nice.
I cant afford something really fast, so I'm looking at something that is just respectable, not face-melting GT-R fast.  

As far as mechanical ... no complaints.  It drives smooth, takes curves/bumps like a champ and accelerates very...very quickly... I haven't timed the acceleration though my grin has clocked it at under 5 seconds.  The Eco mode, if selected, is weird because it will actually prevent you from pressing hard on the pedal (I swear the gas pedal pushes back).  Switching between different modes (Eco, Stand, Spt, Spt +) can be done on the fly.  The anti-collision works well enough ... though sometimes it'll start beeping because I guess it saw a ghost...though that has been rare and it hasn't startled me by also applying the brakes.  The steering assistance / adaptive speed control also works well with no obvious issues...they just work.  Being able to remote start it from the phone is really nice .. especially during this summer.  I would crank it while closing up the department ... and step into a nice cool car while it was 95+ degrees outside.

Interior is nice (imo).  Seats are comfortable, steering wheel is just right, front gauges and the bottom screen are also nice.  My three biggest issues with the interior is the top map screen ... the matte finish and the map itself seems like something from a decade ago with regards to looks.  They really should have updated the map display ... or just had one big screen (instead of the glossy bottom/matte top display).  Anyway, the map is functional and I haven't had any issues with it.  Second is (using an iPod) ... sometimes switching fast between songs will give me a message "loading artwork" ... wtf does that mean?  Give me my requested song...anyway...just a slight annoyance. :)  Third, and I dunno if this is bluetooth, my Android phone or the car ... but if I'm streaming a podcast (and sometimes a song) ... it'll forget where it left off.  So I could 30 minutes into an hour podcast ... and it'll start it from the beginning.  With that said ... I typically just use my 160GB iPod for all the media.  Sound system is good ... in that it isn't bad but certainly not as good as the Audi's Bang & Olufsen (imo).  

Anyway ... my only big(?) complaint is the map screen ... but it was something I was aware of before I bought the car and it didn't deter me.  There hasn't been any surprises/disappointments after buying it.

23 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

As far as mechanical ... no complaints.  It drives smooth, takes curves/bumps like a champ and accelerates very...very quickly... I haven't timed the acceleration though my grin has clocked it at under 5 seconds.  The Eco mode, if selected, is weird because it will actually prevent you from pressing hard on the pedal (I swear the gas pedal pushes back).  Switching between different modes (Eco, Stand, Spt, Spt +) can be done on the fly.  The anti-collision works well enough ... though sometimes it'll start beeping because I guess it saw a ghost...though that has been rare and it hasn't startled me by also applying the brakes.  The steering assistance / adaptive speed control also works well with no obvious issues...they just work.  Being able to remote start it from the phone is really nice .. especially during this summer.  I would crank it while closing up the department ... and step into a nice cool car while it was 95+ degrees outside.

Interior is nice (imo).  Seats are comfortable, steering wheel is just right, front gauges and the bottom screen are also nice.  My three biggest issues with the interior is the top map screen ... the matte finish and the map itself seems like something from a decade ago with regards to looks.  They really should have updated the map display ... or just had one big screen (instead of the glossy bottom/matte top display).  Anyway, the map is functional and I haven't had any issues with it.  Second is (using an iPod) ... sometimes switching fast between songs will give me a message "loading artwork" ... wtf does that mean?  Give me my requested song...anyway...just a slight annoyance. :)  Third, and I dunno if this is bluetooth, my Android phone or the car ... but if I'm streaming a podcast (and sometimes a song) ... it'll forget where it left off.  So I could 30 minutes into an hour podcast ... and it'll start it from the beginning.  With that said ... I typically just use my 160GB iPod for all the media.  Sound system is good ... in that it isn't bad but certainly not as good as the Audi's Bang & Olufsen (imo).  

Anyway ... my only big(?) complaint is the map screen ... but it was something I was aware of before I bought the car and it didn't deter me.  There hasn't been any surprises/disappointments after buying it.

OK - thank you very much for your insight.

I did not buy anything today.

We also changed our mind on the 2017 Q60.  The lease programs (for October) are not good as the car is new and popular - and we dont want to purchase and pay $1000/mo for that car.

On the Q50 Red Sport - I am waiting till Monday to see if they can do better than what was offered.

In a way, it is good - because I am now open to dealing with a leasing company that can get any brand of car, instead of a dealership & forced to look @ 1 manufacturer (he is strictly Infiniti)
(Im being glass half-full right now)

jj - it sounds like you have dealt with the same audio issues I dealt with when listening through my iPhone.
The software seems very "dumb"
(but the real-time doppler radar is freaking sweet !)