Another iPhone 7 battery blew up, but this time the phone didn’t go up in flames

An iPhone 7 exploded a few days ago, according to images posted online by the phone’s owner. It’s not clear at this time what caused the incident, and you shouldn’t worry about it just yet. The iPhone 7 doesn’t appear to have widespread problem like Samsung's Galaxy Note 7, but isolated incidents will always happen. Phones do explode, and most of us go about our daily lives without even noticing them. It’s just that the recent Galaxy Note 7 recall has risen awareness about gadgets and their batteries.

With that, a second incident involving an iPhone 7 is now making the rounds, but this time the phone did not go up in flames. Instead, the battery simply “inflated,” which is something you may recall having seen before with faulty batteries in Apple devices.

Continues...

If you plan on posting news that is from other sources or news sites, please keep the following in mind:

1) Please do not post entire articles from other sources. Most news organizations prohibit copy & pasting of their entire article.
It is against the "fair usage" policy set by most news outlets. They expect a paragraph posted, at most, with a link to their article's web page.

2) Make sure that you link to the original article. Not quoting a copied article is against the copyright laws of most countries.

3) When linking to external sources, keep thread and article titles the same.

Edited by Andrew

That isn't blowing up. That's just swallow. Batteries usually do that under pressure or excess heat. There is obviously a problem going on with the batteries. 

12 hours ago, fusi0n said:

That isn't blowing up. That's just swallow. Batteries usually do that under pressure or excess heat. There is obviously a problem going on with the batteries. 

Not necessarily.  It could just as easily be due to external factors; the first incident certainly was.

There's also the thing that there's millions of iphone 7's out there. 2 in millions does not make a "problem", it's not even a percentage of a percentage. 

18 minutes ago, Scutley said:

So (and Neowin is part of the media). Where is the media outrage just like Neowin and every other media outlet did to the Samsung phones?

and again, for what ?  2 iphones out of millions, vs a significant percentage of Note 7

16 hours ago, HawkMan said:

and again, for what ?  2 iphones out of millions, vs a significant percentage of Note 7

Dude it's been more then two. Maybe it's not just Samsung, or Apple etc... Maybe it;s the batteries we should start looking at. I just find it funny how it can be another company and they will get blasted but if it's Apple Neowin and the  rest of the media you hear nothing bad about Apple and they cater to Apple.

Oh and here are some links that it's more then 2 Iphones:

iPhone explodes and catches fire in a student’s back pocket

An iPhone 6 Plus exploded in a student’s back pocket and caught fire during class,6ABC reports.

“I felt this crazy, hot burning in my leg,” Darin Hlavaty said. “Right as class was starting, my phone started smoking in my pocket. It was a fire.” He continued, “It was super hot, so I flinched, grabbed it, threw it on the ground. Had to kick it because it was on fire.”

Yup Now The Iphone 7 Is Exploding

this iPhone exploded while in transit, according to the phone’s owner. When he received the iPhone he ordered and took it out of the box, this is what he found.

Another iPhone 7 battery blew up, but this time the phone didn’t go up in flames

The device in the images below is an iPhone 7 Plus, and the display is clearly dislodged from the rear shell. And yes, a malfunction that caused the battery to blow up internally is the culprit. As teardowns have shown, it’s not very easy to remove the screen from the iPhone if you don’t have the proper tools. Many drop tests have also shown that the display can withstand some serious drops thanks to the phone’s sturdy build.

Cyclist suffers third degree burns after iPhone explodes in his pocket  Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/02/cyclist-suffers-third-degree-burns-after-iphone-explodes-in-his-pocket-6042774/#ixzz4M7mgwtfS

Mr Clear said he couldn’t peel his iPhone from his leg because it burned his fingers, so resorted to using his fist to knock it off.

Now you're adding multiple other generations of iphones to the list. so you also reduced the sub sub percentage even further.

there will always be a small numbers of failures, either from production faults, bad chargers, or mis treatment by customers. but they're nowhere near the high percentage numbers of samsung Note 7's that "exploded" on their own. 

You're comparing an Apple to a truckload or oranges .

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Now you're adding multiple other generations of iphones to the list. so you also reduced the sub sub percentage even further.

there will always be a small numbers of failures, either from production faults, bad chargers, or mis treatment by customers. but they're nowhere near the high percentage numbers of samsung Note 7's that "exploded" on their own. 

No I'm adding that other phones including Samsung's blow up and it's not just Samsung's fault, but the media is bias and when it happen to Apple you don't hear anything. I think it is more of the battery manufacturer fault than these companies, but we should be blaming both. These phone companies should not send the phone to market as fast as they do. They should test these phones even more,and make sure there are no flaws in them. They don't though because they always want to be the first.

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Also since it's Apple now your giving excuses.  

I think I once recalled reading a story where a person was using a Samsung phone on her dashboard, in the car, in the sun, and a message pop up saying that her Samsung phone was overheating, and was too hot, and to shut it down for a few minutes. What happen she ignore it and got burn when she put it in her pocket. To me that is the consumer's fault.

2 hours ago, Scutley said:

No I'm adding that other phones including Samsung's blow up and it's not just Samsung's fault, but the media is bias and when it happen to Apple you don't hear anything. I think it is more of the battery manufacturer fault than these companies, but we should be blaming both. These phone companies should not send the phone to market as fast as they do. They should test these phones even more,and make sure there are no flaws in them. They don't though because they always want to be the first.

YEs, phones/batteries explode, but it's an insignificant number. with the note 7, there was a production issue with the batteries form one factory, so there was a high chance any of those batteries would get an internal short and "explode". With other phones faults are on a individual battery every hundred thousand or so, or form abuse or misuse. 

2 hours ago, Scutley said:

Also since it's Apple now your giving excuses.  

You don't know me very well do you... I do NOT, EVER, give Apple excuses. I accept that sometimes apple products are better, but in general I'm pretty anti Apple. but unlike some people I don't irrationally hate them... much...