MySQL Editor for Windows / Linux

Question

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a GUI for MySQL DB Editing / Management. Before you say "Just use PHPMyAdmin", you're right, I could do that but I don't want too. I'd rather look for a piece of software that I can use locally, and work with databases. Eventually I'll move to using phpmyadmin for everything.

I'm looking for two specifics things, easy to use UI, and Cross-Platform. Doesn't have to be a single program, could be 2 different ones.

8 answers to this question

I used to hate phpMyAdmin, sure it worked but it was no pro management studio... and when you worked with SSMS forever, it was like going back in time using that....

3 hours ago, neufuse said:

I used to hate phpMyAdmin, sure it worked but it was no pro management studio... and when you worked with SSMS forever, it was like going back in time using that....

A lot of DB Admins I've spoken too, say to just roll with SSMS. Eventually you'll need a different feature, and will end up searching for one with that feature in it. So, I'll end up looking into that.

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

I like Datagrip. It supports a lot more than just MySQL. 

Hmm... Again, I'll look into it.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Working on a Login System, and using phpmyadmin to modify the DB everytime is obnoxious as hell.

I would love one for my Android phone, but that'd be a stretch.

7 hours ago, BinaryData said:

A lot of DB Admins I've spoken too, say to just roll with SSMS. Eventually you'll need a different feature, and will end up searching for one with that feature in it. So, I'll end up looking into that.

Hmm... Again, I'll look into it.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Working on a Login System, and using phpmyadmin to modify the DB everytime is obnoxious as hell.

I would love one for my Android phone, but that'd be a stretch.

"modify the DB everytime"

Modify how? Add/remove users? If it's user management you'd rather write a proper management page for that.

16 hours ago, Seahorsepip said:

"modify the DB everytime"

Modify how? Add/remove users? If it's user management you'd rather write a proper management page for that.

Baby Steps man. I need to get that login system you wrote online first, and things rolling there. After that, it's a registration page with the proper anti-bot stuff. After that, I'll have to look into the Admin Page.