Was there ever a fix for the bug that caused left-alignment of text on icons in Explorer after the Anniversary update?

Was there ever a fix for the bug that caused left-alignment of text on icons in Explorer after the Anniversary update?

As it seems Microsoft aren't in any great hurry to release a fix I was curious to ask if anyone has managed to find a fix of their own?

It's a problem that annoys me on a daily basis and I so wish they'd get it fixed!

9 minutes ago, Hum said:

Check for updates and see ... :shifty:

And you call yourself helpful?

5 hours ago, ]EGG[ said:

As it seems Microsoft aren't in any great hurry to release a fix I was curious to ask if anyone has managed to find a fix of their own?

It's a problem that annoys me on a daily basis and I so wish they'd get it fixed!

No fix yet. Incidentally, I always use list view so I am not bothered by it. I don't think I could live with icon view like that.

sorry if im missing something, but they are centered for me.

centered.jpg

im the same as Adry, except i use tiles view to see disk usage.

3 minutes ago, Mando said:

sorry if im missing something, but they are centered for me.

centered.jpg

im the same as Adry, except i use tiles view to see disk usage.

Go into a folder like C:\Windows and you will see it. Any title that wraps aligns to the left.

They're talking about this (when the text is too long to show on 1 line). And indeed, it's not fixed, if Microsoft even considers this a bug. It could be a design choice.

aligned.png

6 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

They're talking about this (when the text is too long to show on 1 line). And indeed, it's not fixed.

aligned.png

ahh yes, sorry :) yep here too. <ugh switches back to list/tile> list for busy folders, tile for rest, always been same esp @work. 

fugly.jpg

good god thats horrible, i wonder if server 2k12 R2 does it, bet it does, ill check tomms, cba getting work kit out.

No is the definitive answer mate :rofl:

Edited by Mando

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

You mean like this?

cw.PNG

Seem OK to me.

If you prefer it that way, then I am sure it would be ok. However, it is not center aligned and orphaning single letters at the bottom is terrible.

41 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

If you prefer it that way, then I am sure it would be ok. However, it is not center aligned and orphaning single letters at the bottom is terrible.

If you think these letters are off center you better go get an eye exam.

ccc.PNG

20 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

If you think these letters are off center you better go get an eye exam.

ccc.PNG

When you take things out of context, you change the meaning. Lets look at what I said:

2 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Go into a folder like C:\Windows and you will see it. Any title that wraps aligns to the left.

If you don't want hostile responses from me, you it would be best not to put in jabs like I need an eye exam. Even your own screenshot shows the issue.

Do these look centered to you?

Capture.PNG

Side note: Good grief MS, that question mark needs some updating...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

When you take things out of context, you change the meaning. Lets look at what I said:

If you don't want hostile responses from me, you it would be best not to put in jabs like I need an eye exam. Even your own screenshot shows the issue.

You handled that better than I would have. The smart-ass remarks that come from Gary are funny at best, considering he usually does it when the topic goes over his head. He just doesn't get it, little jabs like that are the reason some of us reply the way we do, directly to him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LimeMaster said:

Over time I have gotten use to it.  That being said, I wouldn't mind if they changed to back to centered.

I never, ever use this view as it is inefficient for me. However, it looks really bad.

8 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Capture.PNG

At least some of mine do

Just now, Circaflex said:

You handled that better than I would have. The smart-ass remarks that come from Gary are funny at best, considering he usually does it when the topic goes over his head. He just doesn't get it, little jabs like that are the reason some of us reply the way we do, directly to him. 

I am trying to better myself. I knee jerk react far too often, and it has become a bad habit.

2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Yours do not mine do.

Again, you are not even paying attention to the discussion. Single-lined items are centered, yes we know that, its text that wraps becomes left centered and a single character is sometimes orphaned down a line. Your own screenshot shows this.

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

I am trying to better myself. I knee jerk react far too often, and it has become a bad habit.

I do the same, or I am trying to, but some people I just don't respect enough to take the time and rethink what I am about to say.

@Mando Surprisingly, it doesn't look like 2k12r2 has this issue, or I cannot duplicate it. Double-lined items text is still centered and even single letters that get orphaned down to a second line stay centered. Very strange.

I am not that OCD about how  centered the text is, but two years into the program, one would think that MS would get it right. The Question mark is from a folder app that a member of this forum was nice enough to make for those that wanted blue folders. The test in most of my system is centered where I need it like the desktop and Email and such. As for smart remarks, if you cannot take a little kidding or sarcasm do not dish it out. You want to cast blame try the insider hub. It has only been brought up about 2000 times.

Just now, Gary7 said:

I am not that OCD about how  centered the text is, but two years into the program, one would think that MS would get it right. The Question mark is from a folder app that a member of this forum was nice enough to make for those that wanted blue folders. The test in most of my system is centered where I need it like the desktop and Email and such. As for smart remarks, if you cannot take a little kidding or sarcasm do not dish it out. You want to cast blame try the insider hub. It has only been brought up about 2000 times.

Why even reply to the thread then? Serious question. If you are happy with the text and this doesn't even matter to you, why make such comments in the thread? I just don't get why you do that. We are having a discussion regarding the bug, that even your screenshot confirms, yet you say it doesn't matter and your text is fine for your usage. Well great and I am happy to hear your system is running how you want it to run, the rest of us however, would like to see this bug squashed. No offense meant Gary, so don't take it that way.

4 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I was talking about the question mark in my own screenshot, and that is from MS and nobody else.

The alignment issue is only a few months old.

As for your other comments, fair enough. I was trying to be nice considering how yesterday turned out. You have just shown me that I don't need to be. I have no desire to cast blame by the way. I know it is MS's fault.

25 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Capture.PNG

I don't see them ever fixing it, winhlp32 is only there for legacy reasons, if you run it, it doesn't do anything anymore besides take you to a website that explains why it doesn't work now