which one would you go for, Note 5 or Nexus 6P?

I have the option to get a new phone, but I have only 2 options Note 5 or the Nexus 6P. 

I have used the Note 1 and 2 in the past, but they got old and gave them away. Now I have the Nexus 5. It's good, but small and nothing too special. I like the S pen as I used it a lot in the past, but I also like to continuously receive updates from Google. Now you know why the dilemma. :rofl:

Suggestions?

Personally, I'd go Nexus over Samsung any day. I hate all the crap that OEMs put on the phones, especially Samsung (I just dislike the way it looks), so I prefer vanilla Android. Plus, you get the benefits of receiving updates earlier (or at all with Samsung's rate of updates).

5 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

As a former Note user, and current 6P owner, get the 6P.

Could you share your experience, please?

I'm leaning towards the Note 5 for the smaller form factor and the S Pen. I've seen/read reviews and they're pretty much the same. 

I've rooted the hell out of my previous Notes so this is something I can do in the future.

• 1 month later...

I would suggest you to go for Nexus 6P over Note 5. Since I don't like Note series from Samsung, as a former user of Note 2.

Will never buy another Samsung device.  Pure Android for me from here on out.  Faster updates if you do not root and less bloat.  Also, no touchwiz. 

If looking on pure specs or a decision...

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7588&idPhone2=7431

Looking for a video review comparing both...there are several videos comparing the two.

On 10/3/2016 at 10:12 AM, ultimate99 said:

Could you share your experience, please?

I'm leaning towards the Note 5 for the smaller form factor and the S Pen. I've seen/read reviews and they're pretty much the same. 

I've rooted the hell out of my previous Notes so this is something I can do in the future.

Smaller form factor?  They are both the same size.

Why either of these devices? As a 6P owner for a year, I'd highly recommend against it right now. There are many battery issues people are facing, and having to RMA their phones. I thought the 6P would be my first phone I'd be daily driving for 2 years, but nope. The battery life is absolute garbage on Nougat, which is very ironic since it's supposed to "Doze on the go." Check out the 6P subreddit if you want to see people ranting. 

If I had to buy something right now, it'd either be the S7/Edge, or the Pixel/XL.