Microsoft releases fix for Windows 10 cumulative update issues

Six days after it released an update that failed to install on some users' PCs, Microsoft has released a fix-it tool.

In an email statement, a Microsoft spokesperson confirmed that the update, which tries to install and then rolls back repeatedly, affects PCs that previously ran a build delivered through the Windows Insider Program and were later switched to the public Current Branch release.

"We became aware of an issue with the recent Windows 10 cumulative update that impacted a small number of customers in the Windows Insider Program that were running a previous build of the OS. We have created a solution to resolve this issue, which is now live and can be accessed here."

That link goes to the Windows 10 1607 (RS1) Script fix to unblock update for Insider, a Microsoft Installer file that makes the same changes I described in my earlier post, without requiring any registry edits or permission changes.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-releases-fix-for-windows-10-cumulative-update-issues/

So everyone that was upset was an insider and it was an insider specific issue? Heheh. 

Guess that explains my non issue with it.