Question

Hello Members!

The enclosed error message has started appearing all of a sudden, every single time upon Program access (Photoscape).

System reboot were followed by Uninstall & Reinstall of the program...but it remains persistent in its appearance still & is leaving no choice but to Terminate the Program entirely!

Please suggest on the error resolution.

Thanks.

clipimage.jpg

16 answers to this question

May need some version of the visual c++ redistributable runtime install file to work properly

Or contact the people who made it, ask them how to fix it

1 hour ago, John.D said:

May need some version of the visual c++ redistributable runtime install file to work properly

Or contact the people who made it, ask them how to fix it

Hello John!

But is has started occurring all of a sudden! Wan't an issue till yesterday.

Yes, I have sent an email to the makers of this Program & reply is awaited.

I know Neowinions would help expedite the resolution in one way or another! :-)

Because when they lambast me, issue resolution start emerging in a proportionate scale. :-) 

1 hour ago, Daedroth said:

In the past when I've seen that issue, it's been a RAM or motherboard fault.

Only evident with this Program thus far!...though I have yet to explore the others installed already on my machine.

50 minutes ago, Inertia said:

RAM, or pagefile misconfigured, or OS not compatible ?

Installed RAM is showing up to be 2.58GB (though it is performing equivalent to 8GB for me!) & Paging file is set to NONE since the day one! The Program were working fine until yesterday.

Can you please suggest an equivalent alternative to Photoscape? ..with a kind of similar interface & most hassle- free  functionality?

I tried using Photoscape's Portable version in hope of seeing that Error go disappear..but no!

Help me resolve the Error & and at the same time suggest me a viable alternative to say--Combine Photos, compile Multiple photos in various kinds of Photo-frames etc.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

Only evident with this Program thus far!...though I have yet to explore the others installed already on my machine.

Have you tried the suggestion that @Nick H.made?

7 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

Installed RAM is showing up to be 2.58GB (though it is performing equivalent to 8GB for me!) & Paging file is set to NONE since the day one! The Program were working fine until yesterday.

Can you please suggest an equivalent alternative to Photoscape? ..with a kind of similar interface & most hassle- free  functionality?

I tried using Photoscape's Portable version in hope of seeing that Error go disappear..but no!

Help me resolve the Error & and at the same time suggest me a viable alternative to say--Combine Photos, compile Multiple photos in various kinds of Photo-frames etc.

Thanks.

No, you are not using the equivilant of 8GB on the 32-bit Windows XP operating system that you are using. You can use 4GB, maximum, and that includes all other forms of RAM, including video, sound, etc.

"Installed RAM is showing up to be 2.58GB (though it is performing equivalent to 8GB for me!)"

What drugs are you on exactly??

"Paging file is set to NONE since the day one!"

Did you do that on your system out of the box when it had windows 8 on it?

You have to love how someone that doesn't have a clue to how the OS actually works just starts turning off system services, startup items, paging files.. Do you even have a clue to what the paging file does?  Other than you read some FUD tweak somewhere that if you have over 1GB of ram you can disable the page file..

You do understand that since you can not page, once you have exhausted your ram - which doesn't take long as you cycle through programs, that don't free memory up like they should, etc. Since you can not swap to virtual mem without a page file, apps are going to start crashing.  You do understand this does not speed up anything other then maybe one scenario where you have not used a application in a while and go back to it..

You want to min the likely hood of errors like that - let the system handle your page file.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nick H. said:

It could be an issue with the RAM. Try testing it with Memtest86+ to see if there are any errors.

Nick ! I fell to your deceptive looks & gave up my PC for 2 long hours for the sake of this Memtest! You didn't tell me on where to exit exactly until I realized that the Test is in no mood to complete & is running over & over again.

The footnote caught my attention somehow & eventually got rid of the same.

It came out clear.

Would you please help confirm if the enclosed description cites OVERHEATING of my processor? All throughout it hovered in the range of 67-70 degree Celsius.

Does it indicate too HIGH of a CPU Temperature? Overheating?

clipimage.jpg

MemTest have confirmed an OK status barring the High CPU temperature I were able to witness all throughout.

Does the temperature range of 67-70 degree Celsius is considered Critical? Does it indicate OVERHEATING?

clipimage.jpg

3 hours ago, BudMan said:

"Installed RAM is showing up to be 2.58GB (though it is performing equivalent to 8GB for me!)"

What drugs are you on exactly??

"Paging file is set to NONE since the day one!"

Did you do that on your system out of the box when it had windows 8 on it?

Hello BudMan!

Considering the 'Feather-Light' status of Win XP I chose to exaggerate that a bit! :laugh:

Now paging file has been set to NONE after reading the Help-file of UltraDefrag which conveys & emphasize categorically on this step. 

My default OS -  Windows 8 did have some values pre-configured as Minimum & Maximum . If I remember correctly , these were -  400 & 4096 MBs respectively.

As I made a transition to WinXP & got a 2.58 GB bounty, I thought it would now be appropriate to comply with the Speed-Tweaks as suggested by the makers of UltraDefrag!

Guys from UltraDefrag must be reliable? Aren't they?:shifty:

1 hour ago, saurabhdua said:

Hello BudMan!

Considering the 'Feather-Light' status of Win XP I chose to exaggerate that a bit! :laugh:

Now paging file has been set to NONE after reading the Help-file of UltraDefrag which conveys & emphasize categorically on this step. 

My default OS -  Windows 8 did have some values pre-configured as Minimum & Maximum . If I remember correctly , these were -  400 & 4096 MBs respectively.

As I made a transition to WinXP & got a 2.58 GB bounty, I thought it would now be appropriate to comply with the Speed-Tweaks as suggested by the makers of UltraDefrag!

Guys from UltraDefrag must be reliable? Aren't they?:shifty:

Just stop, please. We saw your hardware specs before you started this. Nobody believes you that you shut off the paging file. This is just one big troll thread. I bet you aren't even running XP at all. 

Ultradefrag told you to turn off the page file and leave off - or they made mention of deleting it while you do a defrag??  Where did you read that you should turn off page file and never re-enable it??  If they told you that then no they are not reliable at all..

Where do they say to do that - I don't see them mention doing anything with the page file in their documentation

http://ultradefrag.sourceforge.net/handbook/Introduction.html

edit:  Oh my F'ing gawd

http://ultradefrag.sourceforge.net/handbook/Tips.html

Wow - NO I would not listen to that freaking FUD!!  Wow talk about some bad freaking advice!!!

[Thread closed]

Please do not spread this nonsense into any more threads that it already has been. Either create ONE with your aggregated XP issues or figure it out yourself.