HBO: Westworld

16 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Yes. It is quite different. 

Yea, interesting.   Also, was that the GOT theme music they were playing towards the end of the episode?

3 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Yea, interesting.   Also, was that the GOT theme music they were playing towards the end of the episode?

Hmm, I didn't notice. I've still got a few minutes left of the episode. I'll check it out tonight. 

This show is going to be my Go to show, like Breaking Bad, Person of Interest & Game of Thrones Quality & I got all that from the first episode!...

I have no idea how many times i've watched the opening now... It's just amazing!

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Think the music just sounds similar to GOT...reminded me of it anyway.  Could be I am just tired as well...haha. 

It's by the same composer so yeah sort of ;)

12 minutes ago, rdlenk said:

Don't know about the music, but the show is intriguing. Looking forward to episode 2.

It's on HBO GO. 

55 minutes ago, Jase said:

So HBO are releasing episodes on the online streaming services before airing them?

I guess? I just happened upon it. They don't usually do that. Maybe it's a mistake. 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/westworld-episode-2-released-early-available-now/1100-6444278/

1 hour ago, Jase said:

No HBO Go available in Australia :cry:

HBO is just the torrent network for viewing as far as I'm concerned. No doubt Foxtel will lock this one up as well. (Just checked, yes they already have)

52 minutes ago, Vandalsquad said:

HBO is just the torrent network for viewing as far as I'm concerned. No doubt Foxtel will lock this one up as well. (Just checked, yes they already have)

screw foxtel.

2 hours ago, Depicus said:

Go watch the original film (or the Simpsons parody) - which is great then get excited for the rest of the series :)

I think i'll watch the film after this season! I don't want spoilers :D

18 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Ahh, that would explain it.  Thought of GOT as soon as I heard the music.

Yup! don't worry I thought the same! Ramin Djawadi is one of my all time favorite Music Composers these days!

On 10/6/2016 at 9:36 PM, techbeck said:

I watched the first episode again, are you talking about the music playing during the saloon robbery? It is a rendition of "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones, which is awesome. Can't wait for the soundtrack, not to mention the rest of the season.

14 hours ago, rdlenk said:

I watched the first episode again, are you talking about the music playing during the saloon robbery? It is a rendition of "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones, which is awesome. Can't wait for the soundtrack, not to mention the rest of the season.

I have been looking for a proper copy of that song but I haven't gotten lucky yet. Very awesome cover + scene.

Yep, really good so far - great production value, intriguing concept, terrific cast. I haven't seen the movie, but I'm guessing from what we've seen so far is that the robots will rebel at one point. My only concern is what happens after that, and if they manage to keep the story interesting going forward from that point.

• Like 1

Wow, they did a really good job making a young Anthony Hopkins.

That last episode definitely has me hooked, I'm intrigued by the Albert reveal.