Dear Microsoft. Please stop adding new features to Windows 10 and just fix bugs.

Not sure if I'm the only one, but It would be really nice if Red Stone 2 was just a good old fashion service pack in which all it did was just fix bugs. That old saying 99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs. Take one down patch it around, 117 little bugs in the code... in my opinion feels like Windows 10.

So it a very large update which just fixed bugs sounds wonderful.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Not sure if I'm the only one, but It would be really nice if Red Stone 2 was just a good old fashion service pack in which all it did was just fix bugs. That old saying 99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs. Take one down patch it around, 117 little bugs in the code... in my opinion feels like Windows 10.

Stick on rs1 then and just install CUs. CUs are bug and security  fixes. 

Microsoft has given up on fixing bugs unless they're security related. We've been waiting on them to fix a rather huge driver issue since the first release... Nope. They've done nothing on it and it's clear that they really don't care. Not to mention that half of this system doesn't comply with the official specifications but that's something else entirely.

4 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Stick on rs1 then and just install CUs. CUs are bug and security  fixes. 

wasn't RS1 mandatory? can you actually tell it not to install it?

9 minutes ago, warwagon said:

wasn't RS1 mandatory? can you actually tell it not to install it?

I dunno. I've been on Enterprise from the get-go and install updates as they come out  and not paid attention. Possibly, in which case ignore what I said ;)

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

I dunno. I've been on Enterprise from the get-go and install updates as they come out  and not paid attention. Possibly, in which case ignore what I said ;)

I think everyone on Windows 10 home, really doesn't have a choice of which updates they install. it was pretty apparent when my couch computer got that bum update last week and every night it tried to install it and failed. I had no way to stop, aside from disabling windows update.

8 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I think everyone on Windows 10 home, really doesn't have a choice of which updates they install. it was pretty apparent when my couch computer got that bum update last week and every night it tried to install it and failed. I had no way to stop, aside from disabling windows update.

I don't know why but that update never gave me any trouble on my laptop nor a VM. 

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

I don't know why but that update never gave me any trouble on my laptop nor a VM. 

Did you ever use the Xbox app?

43 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I believe the whole point of Redstone 2 is fixing bugs.  Though they are adding a few things.

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Never. My computers are strictly development machines. 

Seeing how the workaround involved deleting Xbox app files and registry key's I think you have the answer why you never had an issue ;)

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

Seeing how the workaround involved deleting Xbox app files and registry key's I think you have the answer why you never had an issue ;)

Maybe; that didn't work for everyone. 

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:55 PM, warwagon said:

I've used the xbox app on my 2 desktops from time to time and no update has messed up or failed to install.   I know it sucks but not everyone out there has the same experiences, the group that does is always the more vocal one on the internet, even if they're a tiny percentage.   Since I've no issues on my end there's nothing for me to chime in about on the net, I just let it download and install on it's own, don't try to rush the process and install it right away.

Anyways, if you don't want to keep getting new features, and bug fixes as well, then stick with one of the LTSB versions, 1511 is one, not sure if 1607 is or not, haven't checked into it.

Regardless, each update brings bug fixes, even if it does bring new things as well, I think 1607 is way more complete, stable, feature rich, and so on, compared to 1511, and it's a long way from original RTM. 

I'd be happy if they'd fix the black screen w/ cursor bug that randomly happens when booting up or logging off to login to another account. I continue to see it to this day on fully updated systems with various hardware configs. Upgrades/clean install makes no difference.

Hello,

Have you considered switching to the Enterprise version with the LTSB servicing schedule?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:39 AM, warwagon said:

I think everyone on Windows 10 home, really doesn't have a choice of which updates

Not necessarily.

And personally I think the new feature thing is good, I just wish they'd put all this stuff in 12 months ago. :p