Gears of War 4 problems

From another thread

superdanimal200

10 HOURS AGO•#16

At last!!!!!!! 

got a fix for this.  

This morning it donwload all the 73 FB but it failed when the installation was running. 

Try this: 

Windows +R 

write powershell , hit enter. 

Put this:  

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} 

Wait all the process, then, comeback to the store and push "retry" in the failed instalation. 
it show a progress bar downlonding the game again but, in a few seconds the game will be installed with no issues. 

Work for me.

29 minutes ago, WildWayz said:

From another thread

I tried that but it kicked up a whole load of errors:

2016-10-11-(2).jpg

2016-10-11 (3).png

After a bit more searching I came across this video:

After following the instructions I'm now no longer getting the error messages with the other apps, so it's possible my problems with Gears of War 4 may also be solved (though I'm far from optimistic at this point). The internet at my current place isn't very fast, so it's going to take a long time for me to download the game and find out. It seems that a lot of people have had similar issues with the Windows Store. It's poorly designed and doesn't even have basic features, like a download limiter.

• 3 weeks later...

In the end, after nearly a month trying, I managed to get the game downloaded and running but not without considerable effort.

The lack of a download limiter and the way progress was lost when pausing the download or restarting led to me installing NetLimiter but that includes a feature that blocks telemetry by default, which apparently interferes with the Windows Store (yet it doesn't impact Steam, Origin, Uplay, GOG Galaxy, etc). Once that was enabled it would download in bursts but the download would keep pausing, forcing me to pause the download, resume and then restart the computer to continue. The download couldn't be left going overnight, forcing me to babysit the download. After this the game played... temporarily.

Despite managing to get it up and running I then encountered yet another issue. When launching the game it told me it needed an update, yet when I went to download the update I received the error 0x80073cf9 (different to the 0x80080207 and 0x803f8001 I received previously). After some Googling the fix was to manually create a folder in the Windows directory called 'AUInstallAgent', after which it allowed me to download the update.

I am an experienced PC user well accustomed to editing the registry, using msconfig, etc, yet the amount I had to go to just to install a single game beggars belief. I still haven't resolved why the Windows Store will stop downloading and require a restart of the computer to continue. And I shouldn't have to be manually create a folder in the Windows directory just to get patches to download, especially given the issue was known about four years ago.

The Windows Store is an abomination and because Gears of War 4 requires it I strongly recommend people do NOT buy this game.

• Jim K locked this topic