Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare mission problem

So again I'm having strange issues with COD:AW, I am on the mission Armada, on the bridge controlling the rail gun and am supposed to destroy the cargo ships, however the ship is not there, I can see the names from the cargo containers, but there is no ship or containers there, and despite my repeated shooting at it, nothing happens except I fail to defend the fleet. I've checked the display setting and set everything to optimal, which in this case is 4K, with mostly high end settings on everything (I have a GTX-1080). So I am very interested in figuring out what is happening! The planes and helicopters show up and I can destroy them, but I can not see or destroy the cargo ship!

So you use the terminal, take control of the cannon, and you can't see the cargo ship at all? That sounds very strange! Can you take a screenshot and link it? (Press F12 to take a screenshot in-game using Steam). Upload it when you exit the game and make the visibility Public.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

So you use the terminal, take control of the cannon, and you can't see the cargo ship at all? That sounds very strange! Can you take a screenshot and link it? (Press F12 to take a screenshot in-game using Steam). Upload it when you exit the game and make the visibility Public.

Will do! I even have gone as far as reinstalling the whole game, just to have the same effect!

I took 3 screenshots and made them public.

1 hour ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Will do! I even have gone as far as reinstalling the whole game, just to have the same effect!

I took 3 screenshots and made them public.

Very strange that it's rendering the containers but not the ship itself.

If you lower your graphics settings to minimal / low options and disable shadow cache (Video > advanced > shadow), does it help?

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Very strange that it's rendering the containers but not the ship itself.

If you lower your graphics settings to minimal / low options and disable shadow cache (Video > advanced > shadow), does it help?

No, I tried that as well, it makes no difference at all.

Just now, Gary7 said:

st.PNG

Have you verified the integrity of  your game cache?

Yes, and I re-downloaded the game last night just to make sure.

Have you tried downloading the latest Nvidia GFX drivers and installing them using the clean Install option?

2 hours ago, AStalUK said:

Have you tried downloading the latest Nvidia GFX drivers and installing them using the clean Install option?

Yes, just did a few days ago

Just now, Gary7 said:

If you got this from Steam, they will refund your money.

I bought the physical game from Best Buy, but used the code to activate and download from Steam.

Just now, jnelsoninjax said:

I bought the physical game from Best Buy, but used the code to activate and download from Steam.

The last download I ever bought from Best Buy was all messed up. It was COD 5 and would not install the final update. So You did download this from Steam? Their support is pretty good.

2 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Story Mission 12: Armada - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Walkthrough

I had a hard time with that mission. You can always contact steam support or Activision support.

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com.jpg

I'm not having problems with the mission, I'm having problems with the fact that the cargo ship is not showing up and therefore can not be destroyed and complete the mission.

3 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com.jpg

I'm not having problems with the mission, I'm having problems with the fact that the cargo ship is not showing up and therefore can not be destroyed and complete the mission.

Then contact Steam support as the download was probably corrupted. Maybe they have a patch for it.

So a clean install using DDU to wipe the driver and a clean install of the latest Nvidia driver did not solve the issue. How do I contact Steam support? Whenever I try it just sends me on an infinite loop of choose the issue and contact Steam.

I'd have sworn it was either a corrupted driver or game file.  Try defaulting the GFX and then run that level on lowest detail settings and see what happens.

Hopefully Steam support can sort you out, if not try posting on the official CoD forums.

*Edit, have you tried resetting the level and running it from the beginning?

Edited by AStalUK

19 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

So a clean install using DDU to wipe the driver and a clean install of the latest Nvidia driver did not solve the issue. How do I contact Steam support? Whenever I try it just sends me on an infinite loop of choose the issue and contact Steam.

Let me know if you get this fixed.

8 hours ago, AStalUK said:

I'd have sworn it was either a corrupted driver or game file.  Try defaulting the GFX and then run that level on lowest detail settings and see what happens.

Hopefully Steam support can sort you out, if not try posting on the official CoD forums.

*Edit, have you tried resetting the level and running it from the beginning?

Just restarted the level, and nothing changed. My system is 100% up to date on all drivers and windows updates. So at this point I am out of ideas.