Free ISO Software Recommendations

Question

Hello all!

Can ya'll give me some recommendations and experiences on free ISO ripping software? I have a ton of music CDs, PC game & software CDs/DVDs, some sonogram DVDs, misc CDs that have children made school projects on them. I want to rip all of these to my computer to archive them. But if I ever need access to them or want to burn them to CD/DVD I want to make sure they are ripped to the best format to do that. I don't care about space, this isn't the Windows XP days when HD space was a premium. So any suggestions and tips ya'll could give me would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

12 answers to this question

Burn Aware Free seems to work OK.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/burnaware_free.html

One tip I have is, use RW discs, in case the burn goes bad.

Upsetting to have a wasted CD/DVD.

1 minute ago, LoboVerde said:

Hm, seems there hasn't been any updates since 2012. What version of Windows are you using it with? I'm using Windows 10.

It works on any version of Windows. As far as I'm concerned, the software is in no need of updates. It works perfectly. There is also a portable version you do not need to install.

@Bryan R. ok, I'm just asking because I've had a lot of issues after upgrading to Windows 10, software compatibility causing BSODs, ugh. I'm sure you understand if you're in this forum. What version of Windows do you have it running on if you don't mind telling.

Just now, LoboVerde said:

@Bryan R. ok, I'm just asking because I've had a lot of issues after upgrading to Windows 10, software compatibility causing BSODs, ugh. I'm sure you understand if you're in this forum. What version of Windows do you have it running on if you don't mind telling.

I use Windows 10 currently.