Microsoft Edge: 1.5 years on and it still does not allow to copy download url

I tried to ditch Chrome and switch full time to Microsoft Edge. But immediately it is obvious how terrible this browser is!

Suppose, I want to download a file Adobe reader update. Default download speed in Edge is more than 1/2 of any other browser. In this instance, I resort to my favourite Internet Download Accelerator which is a download manager.

Firefox / Chrome / Opera allow us to right click on download in progress and copy the download link. But Edge does not give you any way to copy download url of any file once download has started. I am saying this because many sites mask the actual download links. You have to start the download and then copy the real download link.

oIPruZc.png

The Edge user interface is designed for absolute beginners. Certain things about it are so abstract and limiting that I find it frustrating to use. It feels like some weird tech demo more than a release piece of software.

• Like 3

The UI is entirely designed for mobile devices. Using it on an actual system... can be challenging. Or at least very annoying compared to features other browsers have. Reminds me of console FPS games.

On 10/18/2016 at 1:24 AM, virtorio said:

The Edge user interface is designed for absolute beginners. Certain things about it are so abstract and limiting that I find it frustrating to use. It feels like some weird tech demo more than a release piece of software.

Agreed. I remember seeing screenshots before it was released and thinking 'this is some kind of mockup right, there's no way this is the final interface'. The bookmarks management in particular is just abysmal (though it was terrible in IE as well).

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ViperAFK said:

Agreed. I remember seeing screenshots before it was released and thinking 'this is some kind of mockup right, there's no way this is the final interface'. The bookmarks management in particular is just abysmal (though it was terrible in IE as well).

tbh IEs bookmarks might have been terrible...it still runs rings round Edges "feature" not a good situation really.

• Like 2

Edge and the rest of the pseudo "universal" apps are incredibly weak, horribly inferior in almost every way to the programs they are trying to eventually replace.

Remember old win98lite? We need a program that does a similar job to windows 10, gut out all the garbage and restore the control panel, programs and the vastly superior start menu from older versions of windows.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, slamfire92 said:

I love how they obscure the address bar until you click on it. Who decided that was a good idea?

Yeah, definitely one of the more unusual design decisions I've seen in a browser.

• 3 weeks later...