Xbox One S Bluetooth Controller Lag and FPS drop issue - PC

Hi guys

This is really bugging me. I have an Xbox One S Bluetooth Wireless Controller which seems to be the cause of input lag and FPS drops in games. When I turn it off, everything restores to normal.

If I plug a 360 Wired controller in, all is fine too. Sometimes it will be fine for an hour of play, then whammo - feels like the PC is drunk and a stable locked 60fps drops to 25fps then back up, then down etc making it unplayable. If when it happens, I turn the controller off, instantly it goes back to normal. 

Games where this happens:

Gears of War

Forza Horizon 3

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Star Wars: Battlefront

Battlefield 1

The Division

Seems to have happened since I got the controller back at the end of August, but due to holidays and Destiny, not played much on the PC until recently.

I've connected the controller to the PC via cable and it is running the latest firmware. The BT dongle is a 4.1 dongle - updated drivers and connected to the front of the tower. I sit about 5-6ft away.

Anyone else have this problem?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

im facing this problem with fifa2017 also, if you have any solution please advise....

when connecting 2 xbox one s controller the lag is starting... but when I used the usb cable, it's running smoothly...

maybe will get new firmware update for the controller to be fixed..

or to use an external bluetooth usb device, or to try the xbox wireless device... I don't know.

please keep me posted at: malkout@gmail.com

Appreciate it.