Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion Thread

SWEET!

I might dig out my copy of RDR and have a run around for a bit. I never got very far on the Undead Nightmare expansion, maybe I'll give that another go.

27 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

There's a potential catch...

Of course not, why develop for a platform that has no market?  PC Gamers are a myth.  </sarcasm>

Signed,

Still waiting on Destiny for PC..........

• Like 1

Many believe the original RDR was not released on PC because the code base was such a mess. IIRC it was primary developed for the PS3 first too, which could have complicated it. It is believed that Leslie Benzies managed to fix it for consoles, but it would have cost too much to fix for PC.

This time around I'm sure we'll see a staggered PS4/X1 and PC release ala GTA5.

Red Dead Redemption 2: PlayStation and Rockstar Games Announce Partnership

[...]

We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Check back on PlayStation.Blog for more details soon and for all of the latest information on Red Dead Redemption 2.

In addition, the PS3 classic Red Dead Redemption will be coming to PlayStation Now soon. Relive the epic story of former outlaw John Marston as he hunts down the gang members he once called friends through the harsh and punishing landscape of America’s dying West.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/20/red-dead-redemption-2-playstation-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2016 at 5:54 PM, Andrew said:

Worth a reminder for PC-only gamers...

UPDATE 30/11/16: Red Dead Redemption and its Undead Nightmare expansion will be available to play via PlayStation Now on 6th December.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-20-red-dead-redemption-will-finally-be-playable-on-pc-via-playstation-now

6 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

playable on PC if you own a playstation to begin with.

No? PS Now is a subscription service which works on non-Playstation hardware.

PCs, Bravia and Samsung TVs work with the service.

Get Started on Windows PC

Here’s a checklist to get you started playing PS Now on Windows PC:

Compatible Windows PC

DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller with USB mini cable

Optional: DUALSHOCK 4 USB Wireless Adaptor

PlayStation Network account

Current PS Now Subscription or 7-Day Free Trial (credit card required)

5Mbps or greater internet connection

PC  Minimum Specs: Windows 7 (SP 1), 8.1 or 10. Core i3 2.0 GHz. 300 MB of available storage; 2 GB of RAM. Sound card; USB port.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnow/get-started/

It's also possible to use 3rd patry controllers with XInput support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

playable on PC if you own a playstation to begin with.

sure it that was the case it was playable on PC back when it came on to the Xbox one, with the Xbox streaming to windows 10.

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

No? PS Now is a subscription service which works on non-Playstation hardware.

PCs, Bravia and Samsung TVs work with the service.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnow/get-started/

It's also possible to use 3rd patry controllers with XInput support.

ah my bad! Serves me right for not reading (Caring) on how ps now works, need to read me up on that.

But how does it work? I pay the monthly subscription and I have to pay for the game as well?

9 minutes ago, Cnónna said:

sure it that was the case it was playable on PC back when it came on to the Xbox one, with the Xbox streaming to windows 10.

I think as stated above, PS now is different to xbox streaming?   

I dunno, i'm really ignorant in the subject!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

ah my bad! Serves me right for not reading (Caring) on how ps now works, need to read me up on that.

But how does it work? I pay the monthly subscription and I have to pay for the game as well?

Think Netflix but with games. You subscribe and stream them to your device for a monthly (or tri-monthly) price. You'll need a controller, but it can be a third party controller if you don't own a DualShock 3 or DS4.

List of games here

Once subbed, there's no extra costs for individual games. You have access to them all, and because it is PS3 games only (for now), online play is free without the need for PlayStation Plus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Think Netflix but with games. You subscribe and stream them to your device for a monthly (or tri-monthly) price. You'll need a controller, but it can be a third party controller if you don't own a DualShock 3 or DS4.

List of games here

ah at work so blocked domain, but definitely will check it out later, thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

List of games here

Once subbed, there's no extra costs for individual games. You have access to them all, and because it is PS3 games only (for now), online play is free without the need for PlayStation Plus.

What about quality of experience?   Such as lag???   Does playing the games on PC with console controller and connected to TV, feel like playing PS3?

10 hours ago, Jimmy Jimmy said:

What about quality of experience?   Such as lag???   Does playing the games on PC with console controller and connected to TV, feel like playing PS3?

Latency will be depend on your internet connection. EG tested it with a wired 40 mbps connection and calculated between 150-200 ms. Loading times are halved in most cases compared to local gameplay. You can read EG's full hands-on here.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We have a release date for Red Dead Redemption 2 - 26th October 2018

Dear All,

We are excited to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on October 26th 2018. We apologize to everyone disappointed by this delay. While we had hoped to have the game out sooner, we require a little extra time for polish.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and hope that when you get to play the game, you will agree the wait will have been worth it. In the meantime, please check out these screenshots from the game. We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks.

With thanks,
Rockstar Games

cfb666840877705bcb1d4c35e171c43431d3f3f0

49c7d29293f89dfef95969fde62f5c27e7cc780c

6cff08109cc9096e816240f6b154f725f4fd17de

e3a3d6587f5e7b6475954d6bcd5bd713232556ab

5b5313332394d20cd7c3c91987529d9dd15a242e

750001bd09b2452ef0d01fab0965ff76d63c535c

• Like 1

Push back as far as possible for the incoming rockstar nextgen double dip with PC release around the same time..

Will have been 5 years inbetween rockstar games releases. Those sharkcards must pay well.

• 2 months later...