Why Is Obama Threatening Russia With World War 3 Right Before The Election?

It sure seems like an odd time to be provoking a war with Russia. 

As I write this, we stand just a little bit more than three weeks away from one of the most pivotal elections in U.S. history, and Barack Obama has chosen this moment to strongly threaten the Russians.  As I wrote about on Friday, Reuters is reporting that Obama is contemplating “direct U.S. military action” against Syrian military targets, and the Russians have already indicated that any assault on Syrian forces would be considered an attack on themselves.  The rapidly deteriorating crisis in Syria has already caused tensions with Russia to rise to the highest level since the end of the Cold War, but now Obama is adding fuel to the fire by publicly considering “an unprecedented cyber covert action against Russia”.  Apparently Obama believes that Russian hackers are interfering in the election and so he wants payback.  The following comes from an NBC News article entitled “CIA Prepping for Possible Cyber Strike Against Russia“…

source: http://www.infowars.com/why-is-obama-threatening-russia-with-world-war-3-right-before-the-election/

3 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

It's tots okay when Russia hacks the DNC, RNC, Yahoo, etc. but once the US says enough is enough, it's "threatening WWIII"?

There's more to it than just that. As the article said it's more to do with Syria than anything else.

As a citizen of the US I gotta ask, why the hell are we there to begin with? Oil? Is it worth war? I don't think so.

The worst part is that if Hillary gets elected she will continue down the path that Obama started.

I've heard this before that if the country is under Marshall law or in a state of war the current President stays in power delaying the installation of any newly elected President.

2 minutes ago, wahoospa said:

I've heard this before that if the country is under Marshall law or in a state of war the current President stays in power delaying the installation of any newly elected President.

Every election someone brings this up. Hasn't happened yet, won't happen.

2 minutes ago, wahoospa said:

You realize we changed president's during WWII, right? So what you're saying sounds like typical anti-Obama hype.

Obama talks the talk but does not walk the walk. Like You can keep your doctor if you like him. It also can just be a diversion away from Hillary. Obama has no reason or resources to start a war.

4 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Yeah, because one of them died...

Okay I guess that's true.. If you need more examples, look at the time during the Vietnam War.

Just now, Bryan R. said:

Okay I guess that's true.. If you need more examples, look at the time during the Vietnam War.

The Vietnam War was over when Nixon resigned if that is what you mean or LBJ refusing to run for a second term.

9 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

There really are no examples.  A war doesn't mean a president can run for a 3rd term but a Marshall law could extend that 2nd term...

33 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Obama talks the talk but does not walk the walk. Like You can keep your doctor if you like him. It also can just be a diversion away from Hillary. Obama has no reason or resources to start a war.

Yet, ISIS is about to be obliterated in Iraq and Syria cells are going to be cutoff from their former stronghold. I can cite many, many more examples. So please, spare us.

Edited by shockz
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ctebah said:

What hype?  

You are aware of Presidential powers during Marshall law, right?

And when has the US ever even contemplated "martial law"?

Do you even believe you have a point?

We all know that Russian prerogative is to create distrust in our elections.

Under Marshall law you have no civil rights whatsoever. You do not have the right to an attorney. Miranda does not exist. One can be held for as long as the Gov't wants to. Why this was brought up for a silly thing like this is beyond me. Wag The Dog comes to mind.

11 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

And when has the US ever even contemplated "martial law"?

Do you even believe you have a point?

We all know that Russian prerogative is to create distrust in our elections.

Yes.  During marshall law a current president could stay in the office past his 2nd term.

I don't think you need Russians to create distrust in your elections, but it sure is nice to find someone to blame....

Why Is Obama Threatening Russia With World War 3 Right Before The Election?

It's easier to blame Russia than to solve domestic issues.

It's easier to shift the attention from the real issue and blame Russia for DNC hack instead than to deal with the surprises the emails revealed.

It's a modus operandi for the Western partners to accuse Russia of all the crimes and sins. This practice goes way back.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

There's more to it than just that. As the article said it's more to do with Syria than anything else.

As a citizen of the US I gotta ask, why the hell are we there to begin with? Oil? Is it worth war? I don't think so.

The worst part is that if Hillary gets elected she will continue down the path that Obama started.

Mostly because it is the US that had a serious hand in destabelized Syria and now it is time to clean up their mess. Also, when the majority of western countries set out to help fight against ISIS, you can't really stay behind saying: "Ain't our business", especially since it mostly is the US's business.