The price of 30+ Inch computer monitors has plummeted

I was just checking computer monitors on Amazon and noticed that the cost of 30+ inch monitors has plummeted. Back in 2012 I got my Dell ultrasharp 30 inch monitor for $1,165.99. Now Amazon has one with a 32 inch monitor with the same resolution for $397.66 :o

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-WQHD-LED-Monitor-S32D850T/dp/B00L3KNOF4/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1476911059&sr=1-3&keywords=30+inch+monitor

Now the dell ultra sharp 34 inch curved screen is $679.98

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-PXF79-34-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B00PXYRMPE/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1476911460&sr=1-1&keywords=Dell+ultrasharp+34:o

Well, a lot of companies are building those now. Back then they weren't in surplus...

5 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Well, a lot of companies are building those now. Back then they weren't in surplus...

Back in 2005 when a lot of people still had CRT monitors, I purchased the Legendary Ultrasharp 24 inch for $899

5 hours ago, Zagadka said:

And by the time I can afford these, they'll be cheaper still.

/wall mounted triple monitors planned

Really hope so, my screens were cheap to begin with 3 years ago, and one is failing, upgrading to 30"+ would be nice 

for the record my 11-year-old Dell Ultrasharp 24 inch monitor is still working today ...barely... sometimes you have to press the power button a few times just so it turns on :laugh:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Odom said:

What he said :D My Ultrasharp from 2004 is also still working perfectly. Power button needs to be pressed a certain way to turn on.

My power light comes on for a moment on the first press and then it goes out. Sometimes even on the 3rd and 4th press. Then all of the sudden it will work :D

On 10/19/2016 at 5:12 PM, warwagon said:

Now the dell ultra sharp 34 inch curved screen is $679.98

That is still a great deal of money, when PC's are selling for less. But Dell does make fantastic monitors or whoever makes them for Dell.

On 10/19/2016 at 5:27 PM, warwagon said:

Back in 2005 when a lot of people still had CRT monitors, I purchased the Legendary Ultrasharp 24 inch for $899

I paid $800 in 2000 for a 15" Sony LCD.