10GbE Switch Recommendation

Hello,

I am looking for some suggestions for a 10GbE switch. Ideally it would have about 8 ports, either SFP+ only or combo ports.

L2+ functionality preferred, but not essential. Fanless would be a bonus, but I may be asking for too much there!

Budget(?!?!?) to midline range.

I have looked at some netgear equipment but the closest ones they do are top of rack ££££.

Any help would be appreciated.

TonyJr

21 minutes ago, spike232 said:

Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 16 XG

I doubt anything with 10G ports (except uplinks) will qualify as "budget", but it is cheaper than the netgear ones.

Brilliant - thanks. I don't know how I managed to miss that when I was browsing around. That's one for the shortlist.

"Budget(?!?!?) to midline range."

Have no idea what that might mean.. midline range for who? My midline could way different than your midline, etc..

What is the goal of the project? 

• 1 month later...
On 23/10/2016 at 3:15 PM, BudMan said:

"Budget(?!?!?) to midline range."

Have no idea what that might mean.. midline range for who? My midline could way different than your midline, etc..

What is the goal of the project? 

Just midline of everything. Not a random collection of loose pcb, sfp ports and a Chinese guide to assemble and not carrier grade. l2+ - the middle. Although I see your point. 

I thank you all for your input - my choice would be wait - have a beer while it works. And have another when it breaks. I'll be dead then. "Small print the existing link"