Hello folks!

Can someone please suggest on what's going wrong over here? 'Google Search' & 'Gmail' have both started showing up - "Broken Https" warning!

Please refer to the attached pictorial representation & help suggest if that's the issue which requires to be fixed at their end?

Why is my Browser telling me that the destined webpage has a 'Weak' Security configuration?

Inputs will be sincerely appreciated.

clipimage.jpg

2 minutes ago, John Teacake said:

Are you using an old version of Chrome? 

Hello John!

My Browser - "Slimjet" is showing up--- "Version 10.0.11.0 (based on Chromium 50.0.2661.75)" ; & the Browser is not able to fetch any further Updates!...perhaps for the reason that it is installed over Win XP, SP3 edition.

Just now, saurabhdua said:

perhaps for the reason that it is installed over Win XP, SP3 edition.

That is precisely the reason. Google dropped support for XP back in April.

Just now, saurabhdua said:

Hello John!

My Browser - "Slimjet" is showing up--- "Version 10.0.11.0 (based on Chromium 50.0.2661.75)" ; & the Browser is not able to fetch any further Updates!...perhaps for the reason that it is installed over Win XP, SP3 edition.

I think we may have found our problem here! 

I would like to concede that this kind of Warning or anomaly were not showing up until yesterday..& have suddenly mushroomed out of somewhere!...I don know from where?

Will it be possible for you Guys to access the Gmail portal at your end & apprise if the issue gets encountered at your screen too?

7 minutes ago, BudMan said:

yeah was just going to ask what browser and version?  Looks to be chrome..

Hello BudMan!

Why is my Browser acting "Superior" & telling me that the respective site has an inferior security rating? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

Calm down and don't double post. You were already given reasons of why it could be happening. You are using outdated software if you're worried about security problems then your OS should be replaced ASAP.

You literally started this thread 18 minutes ago and are already trying to bump it. 

Oh is the XP sp3 guy that his machine was slow and needed the speed of XP??

Yeah warned you then that future of SSL/TLS was going to cause you grief as all the companies moved away from outdated stuff like sha-1..

• Like 2

Hello again!

I have rechecked with other Browsers available on my machine & therefore - Opera isn't showing up the issue & neither is Mozilla Firefox posing any trouble.

So plenty of leverage is still there to spend some more time with Win XP, SP3.

If things would turn up desperate ever, I would like to go with Win 7 over any other available choice.

One last query - How to check the Version of my existing SP3 in order to find if it is indeed the very last one?

Thanks.

This is further "Update" Dear members that the Original Google Chrome on my machine - 49.0.2623.112 m is also working fine & there's not an iota of such Error showing up with it!

Therefore, Iam able to narrow-down that issue with my Default browser - "Slimjet"- which surprisingly is based on a more recent Chromium version  -  50.0.2661.75 !?

I must get in touch with the Author of the Browser to highlight & resolve such an issue.

Lastly, can someone please suggest that why in the shown Error warning -  the Browser is acting rather 'Superior' & calling the destined webpage to be based on a lower security configuration????

Shouldn't the Warning then act like - " Your Browser has lower security standards in comparison to the ones on the destined Page you are trying to access" ??

Shouldn't it be that way?

Inputs please....

40 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Oh is the XP sp3 guy that his machine was slow and needed the speed of XP??

Yeah warned you then that future of SSL/TLS was going to cause you grief as all the companies moved away from outdated stuff like sha-1..

Issue has been narrowed-down to my default Browser - Slimjet. Rest all Browers(including Google Chrome) are working fine as of now.

Thanks for the Inputs. :-)

10 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

One last query - How to check the Version of my existing SP3 in order to find if it is indeed the very last one?

At one point you could just go to Windows updates and see if there were any security patches available. If there aren't, you are on the very last version. That might have changed now though, I don't know because I do not support Windows XP. You are effectively asking for a cork to plug a hole in your boat after a cannonball has gone through it. You are not secure, no matter if you have the last security updates or not.

I wouldn't suggest bothering to contact the authors of the browser, as they will probably say what we say each and every time: Windows XP is not supported, and if something doesn't work they are not going to take the time to look in to it.

Your browser is probably acting like the webpage has weak security because it doesn't understand the security that is being used on the webpage and so it thinks that there is none.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I wouldn't suggest bothering to contact the authors of the browser, as they will probably say what we say each and every time: Windows XP is not supported, and if something doesn't work they are not going to take the time to look in to it.

Hello Nick!

There must be a screen somewhere within Win XP to tell you the exact version number of installed SP3 ? Iam familiar with such a screen within Win 10 but never explored such a thing within XP ever!

How to fetch the 'System Information' sheet within XP?

>>Authors on Slimjet Forum did heed to my request when I apprised them over a dysfunctional Video streaming feature on Youtube &  a similar issue with Audio streaming on Soundcloud!

They released a newer version for Win XP users which prevented Adobe plugin from being auto-updated & thus resolved the issue forever in this way!

Its worth contacting them & bring it to their notice.:yes:

11 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

which prevented Adobe plugin from being auto-updated & thus resolved the issue forever in this way!

Wow.. So adobe plugin has security issues all the time so their resolution was to just not update.. So its always unsecure and becomes more and more unsecure with every passing hour..

1 hour ago, BudMan said:

Why isn't the actual Google Chrome showing up such a warning? Any ideas?

1 hour ago, saurabhdua said:

Because your version was obsolete?

Update your OS, man... You are going to gain nothing with XP.

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Because your version was obsolete?

Update your OS, man... You are going to gain nothing with XP.

This is the same guy that wanted to run XP on newer hardware for reasons he has made up and doesn't understand.

On 10/27/2016 at 3:45 PM, saurabhdua said:

Hello Nick!

There must be a screen somewhere within Win XP to tell you the exact version number of installed SP3 ? Iam familiar with such a screen within Win 10 but never explored such a thing within XP ever!

How to fetch the 'System Information' sheet within XP?

https://answers.msn.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=23904a8f-735b-40f9-b609-544b95a5729b

The latest Windows XP service pack is Service Pack 3 (SP3).

@xendrome, he has plenty to "gain" using XP...trojans, malware, rootkits, AV which may install but not actually autoprotect, the list is endless :p (none desirable!) 

it reminds me of an issue at work, Asia Pac admins getting in touch with me to ask, do I know of any AV still supporting W2k server SP2......once id stopped wetting my undercrackers I realised....they were serious.....my answer, hell no, try the antiques roadshow, they might know of one....../faceplant this was 3 weeks ago......

I can think of at least 358 reasons why running XP after EOL is a bad idea, but hey its your call. 

http://www.securiteam.com/products/W/Windows_XP.html

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, xendrome said:

This is the same guy that wanted to run XP on newer hardware for reasons he has made up and doesn't understand.

I tried....

1 hour ago, saurabhdua said:

because your running it on an unsupported platform...end of.

@saurabhdua  you may want to read this page

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/end-of-xp-support

After 12 years, support for Windows XP ended April 8, 2014. There will be no more security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system.

What does this mean?

It means you should take action. After April 8, 2014, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support for Windows XP. Security updates patch vulnerabilities that may be exploited by malware and help keep users and their data safer. PCs running Windows XP after April 8, 2014, should not be considered to be protected, and it is important that you migrate to a current supported operating system – such as Windows 10 – so you can receive regular security updates to protect their computer from malicious attacks.

What this means for you, the entire OS is a security flaw.  If you are worried about security, you should not be using it.  If you are getting security errors or messages, it is because the OS is not secure.  If you wish to stop getting those messages, upgrade to a currently supported OS that is secure and will receive current security updates.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

Hello again!

I have rechecked with other Browsers available on my machine .... Opera isn't showing up the issue & neither is Mozilla Firefox posing any trouble.

Just wait a couple of months ... Firefox will start showing the same warning....

https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2014/09/23/phasing-out-certificates-with-sha-1-based-signature-algorithms/

• Like 2