Not if he doesn't update his firefox ;)

But all the sites are going away as well.  They will no long present option of sha-1, I brought all this up in his previous threads about internet is just going to stop working for him since his even if his browser and xp sp3 support above sha-1 the sites are all going to stop using them.  And as more and more of the internet goes https.. Your just not going to be do anything on the internet.  With HSTS and force you to use https, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Strict_Transport_Security

Internet is just going to start to fail

• Like 2

You might want to give Palemoon a try, the author is still updating and making WinXP builds. Sooner or later, the big name browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) will stop working completely with XP. The internet is evolving and support for XP ended long ago, which results in XP not receiving new web standards. Here is where you can download Palemoon, https://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-atom.shtml. Note, it talks about Atom processors, but this is also the WinXP build. Good luck.

I wish to extend my Heartiest Thanks to all of you for coming up with most valuable Inputs!

I'll now make sure to switch over to a newer OS - Win 7 in the days to follow.

I have also reported the issue on Slimjet forum, & am hopeful that the Author will either come up a FIX or atleast  issue an Advisory for this XP clan.

Thank you very much.:rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

I'll now make sure to switch over to a newer OS - Win 7 in the days to follow.

Excellent news! It really is a hazard, and more effort than it is worth, to try and stick with Windows XP. (Y) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Excellent news! It really is a hazard, and more effort than it is worth, to try and stick with Windows XP. (Y) 

But he's still moving from one dead OS to another soon to be dead OS

Really should be using Windows 10 and getting over whatever made up "issues" he has

Windows 7 support doesn't really end until January 14, 2020, 3+ years from now.  And you never know that could be extended, etc.

I would think by time actual support ends for it, be time for a new machine anyway ;)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Windows 7 support doesn't really end until January 14, 2020, 3+ years from now.  And you never know that could be extended, etc.

I would think by time actual support ends for it, be time for a new machine anyway ;)

Agreed so it still worthwhile looking at windows 7 for the time being :)

In the 3 some years left, windows 10 might actually be good ;)  Or maybe windows 11 will be out?  Or maybe there will be some new linux distro that rocks the planet and everyone jumps on.  Or maybe we will all be running something from Apple as the OS to be on?

3 years in the IT world is a LONG freaking time ;)

If he has some mediocre hardware of a machine..  And he believes it can not run windows 8.1 fast enough.  Why would you think windows 10 is going to be better for him?  He seems to be stuck in the past anyway.  While agree 10 would prob be a better choice for him, he has it in his craw that his machine needs some antiquated os to run at the speed he wants.  So let him put windows 7 on it, atleast still has support by all the major players both the maker of the OS and software makers, etc.

I would like to assure Dear Members over my Contingency plan!:shifty:

Trust me!...each of yours 'Caning session' made me hoard even more of these! :rofl: 

In addition to these physical disks, USB Flash drive based Win 10 set up has been retained as well.

Afterall.. Fear-mongering & Scare-mongering rakes in Big business! :woot:

clipimage.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I want to "Update" Dear Community members that the aforementioned issue has disappeared altogether upon making a recent transition to a new ISP.

Iam now using Wireless Data Dongle associated to a different ISP & none of the issues reported have been encountered even once!

Neither did the Browser update to any of the newer versions! It still reads - "Version 10.0.11.0 (based on Chromium 50.0.2661.75)"

So how come the SHA-1 certificate show up as Broken with one ISP, & perfectly normal with another one?

Any ideas? Were the previous Service provider 'snooping' over my activities?

28 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

I want to "Update" Dear Community members that the aforementioned issue has disappeared altogether upon making a recent transition to a new ISP.

Iam now using Wireless Data Dongle associated to a different ISP & none of the issues reported have been encountered even once!

Neither did the Browser update to any of the newer versions! It still reads - "Version 10.0.11.0 (based on Chromium 50.0.2661.75)"

So how come the SHA-1 certificate show up as Broken with one ISP, & perfectly normal with another one?

Any ideas? Were the previous Service provider 'snooping' over my activities?

You've been told many times, you're using an obsolete operating system, so no one is bothering to update support for it, unless you move with the times, or simply install a modern Linux (it you're REALLY that tight on cash) and use updated software that has had security patches and updates, you're going to continue seeing some form of error

And no, most likely your ISP was not snooping on you, you are vulnerable due to a lack of up to date security, and the warnings you are seeing are probably because of your antiquated software

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:11 PM, saurabhdua said:

I would like to assure Dear Members over my Contingency plan!:shifty:

Trust me!...each of yours 'Caning session' made me hoard even more of these! :rofl: 

In addition to these physical disks, USB Flash drive based Win 10 set up has been retained as well.

Afterall.. Fear-mongering & Scare-mongering rakes in Big business! :woot:

clipimage.jpg

In truth, what is on those disks if I may ask, and how did you get them?

• Like 1

• Draggendrop locked this topic