Mustang GT meets Ford GT

3 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Gross and likely overpriced if it were ever produced. $100k easy.

65k tops. Its merely supercharged with bolt-ons and a body kit.

34 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Its a cheap way to get something with a little bit of power.

A little bit of power? They are more powerful than most cars right off the assembly line. My 2004 Terminator(SVT Cobra) murders most cars on the road, and it is 12 years old. My 2014 Shelby...well you know. Brand new S550's(2015 model and up) have more than a little bit of power. That goes for both the GT, and the Ecoboost. Additionally, a fully loaded Mustang is not cheap. I believe you still have flashbacks to the old Mustangs you use to see at the trailer parks. These new Stangs are a different beast. I rented a new Infiniti Q60 a couple of months ago when I was in Arizona, and to tell you the truth, the fully loaded S550 Mustang a coworker has, looks just as nice inside, rode much better/tighter, topped off with that awesome V8 growl. The new Camaro's, and Mustang's, are beautiful machines.

Edit: The Q60 I rented was not the 3.0t 400HP model. It was the 2.0t model.

1 hour ago, wakjak said:

$65k US would probably close to $100k in Canada lol. Regular Mustang GT's are 40-50k sticker price here.

A fully loaded GT runs mid 40s MSRP. So that is not terrible for Canada. 

8 hours ago, JHBrown said:

A little bit of power? They are more powerful than most cars right off the assembly line. My 2004 Terminator(SVT Cobra) murders most cars on the road, and it is 12 years old. My 2014 Shelby...well you know. Brand new S550's(2015 model and up) have more than a little bit of power. That goes for both the GT, and the Ecoboost. Additionally, a fully loaded Mustang is not cheap. I believe you still have flashbacks to the old Mustangs you use to see at the trailer parks. These new Stangs are a different beast. I rented a new Infiniti Q60 a couple of months ago when I was in Arizona, and to tell you the truth, the fully loaded S550 Mustang a coworker has, looks just as nice inside, rode much better/tighter, topped off with that awesome V8 growl. The new Camaro's, and Mustang's, are beautiful machines.

Not sure why you brought up a Q60 - the new one  (the 2017 we are getting tomorrow, in all likelihood) is my fiance's - it was not bought because she thinks its fast.  She likes the way it looks, thats it.  If you think some other car is better - great !  But it wont bother her.

but mustangs are cheap, thats why they are popular with kids, and trailer parks :)

6 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Not sure why you brought up a Q60 - the new one  (the 2017 we are getting tomorrow, in all likelihood) is my fiance's - it was not bought because she thinks its fast.  She likes the way it looks, thats it.  If you think some other car is better - great !  But it wont bother her.

but mustangs are cheap, thats why they are popular with kids, and trailer parks :)

Yeah the V6 and Ecoboosts are cheap. A fully loaded GT isn't far from a Q60 Red. I honestly see just as many kids and trailer parks with G35s and G37s in them as I do Mustangs. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, T3X4S said:

You have to get out more, Texas. :yes: Like @adrynalynesaid, I see just as many high school/college/trailer park-looking kids driving Infinitis, as I do Mustangs. There is nothing exclusive about driving an Infiniti. I currently lease a Mercedes E400 as my daily driver, much nicer than a Q60 in my opinion, and when I meet up with my good friend(co-worker) on the weekends, who happens to own a fully loaded 2015 Mustang GT, he gets so many compliments/ogling eyes, with my car siting right next to his. Point is, you should lose that mentality, as the new Mustangs/Camaros are great cars, and your trailer park stereotype makes no sense. Just want to add, my friend with the S550 Mustang, holds an MBA, and is an O6 (Colonel) in the Air Force. Believe me, there is nothing cheap, or trailer park when it comes to his life. :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

You have to get out more, Texas. :yes: Like @adrynalynesaid, I see just as many high school/college/trailer park-looking kids driving Infinitis, as I do Mustangs. There is nothing exclusive about driving an Infiniti. I currently lease a Mercedes E400 as my daily driver, much nicer than a Q60 in my opinion, and when I meet up with my good friend(co-worker) on the weekends, who happens to own a fully loaded 2015 Mustang GT, he gets so many compliments/ogling eyes, with my car siting right next to his. Point is, you should lose that mentality, as the new Mustangs/Camaros are great cars, and your trailer park stereotype makes no sense. Just want to add, my friend with the S550 Mustang, holds an MBA, and is an O6 (Colonel) in the Air Force. Believe me, there is nothing cheap, or trailer park when it comes to his life. :)

I get a lot of older gentlemen talking to me about mine at gas stations and convenience stores. They come over and admire it and talk about their older models. Triple Yellow really stands out. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I get a lot of older gentlemen talking to me about mine at gas stations and convenience stores. They come over and admire it and talk about their older models. Triple Yellow really stands out. 

Yeah, they are automatic conversation starters. I love the Triple Yellow, and Competition Orange on the new Stangs. I have a Grabber Blue 14 Shelby, and he has a Competiton Orange GT, and on the rare occasion I drive my Mustang, if we stop for gas, or coffee/lunch/dinner, we end up staying longer than expected because of people wanted to chit chat with us.

3 hours ago, JHBrown said:

I have re-written this post 5 times now.

Rightr before I click Submit Reply, I delete it.

I never said infiniti was exclusive, cool, fancy, anything.

They are reliable, quick for their category - nice stereo - thats it.

So stop trying to infer that I think Infiniti is something it is not.

You seem to forget what I drove for 2 years - I know fast, I know what is cool in terms of cars.

Lets just agree to disagree, once again - I dont want to upset @adrynalyne, or you. 

But please dont assume I feel a certain way about something.  I never said I bought the cars because they were fancy or "cool" - it is just a car.

A person's accomplishments in life has no bearing on the price of something he purchases - I dont see the comparison, and dont know why you felt the need for anecdotal evidence... I dont get it :/

So lets just agree, once agaiun, to disagree.

Remember, I never said anything negative about you personally, or your friend.  

I think last time, this topic came up - you felt the need to try and attack me personally - so I am planting a white flag out here.

20 hours ago, JHBrown said:

Svts are pure sex. 

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Look at the front of that car, if you hit something going at any speed it will disintegrate :/

isnt that the idea of crumple zones? those take the brute of the beating protecting the driver?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

isnt that the idea of crumple zones? those take the brute of the beating protecting the driver?

Yes but look at the cost? Insurance . I hit a tree with my 1968 charger going over 70 and the front end was so damaged that the engine was titled upward. Thankfully the 68 Charger had a long front end. I was not injured at all and had to crawl out of the car though the window. So I can see your point.

12 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Yes but look at the cost? Insurance . I hit a tree with my 1968 charger going over 70 and the front end was so damaged that the engine was titled upward. Thankfully the 68 Charger had a long front end. I was not injured at all and had to crawl out of the car though the window. So I can see your point.

The obvious answer here is if cost is a concern, don't wreck it ;)

Insurance of the above wouldn't cost more than a GT. 

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

The obvious answer here is if cost is a concern, don't wreck it ;)

Insurance of the above wouldn't cost more than a GT. 

No it would not and if you could afford that car you also can afford the insurance.

35 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

No it would not and if you could afford that car you also can afford the insurance.

That car above is a mustang GT with a body kit. It falls under GT insurance rates, which are cheap. 

Edited by adrynalyne

2 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Lets just agree to disagree, once again - I dont want to upset @adrynalyne, or you.

Not to worry, we are talking cars. I get into nice debates with my buddies when it comes to cars also. All in good fun. I'd have a drink with everyone in this thread as we talk about cars, and enjoy the weekend. :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Not to worry, we are talking cars. I get into nice debates with my buddies when it comes to cars also. All in good fun. I'd have a drink with everyone in this thread as we talk about cars, and enjoy the weekend. :)

OK, Im glad you said that.  TBH, I just went to take the dogs for a walk and was actually thinking about this conversation the whole time.
Something I want to say that, I hope, will clear the air.

Saying trailer park Ferrari isnt saying the owners are trailer park.  It is like, "in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."
In a trailer park, where people dont have much, when you have a Mustang - its like having a Ferrari.
I dont like Mustangs because of most of the drivers.

This was the 1st result that popped up when I typed "people who own mustangs"

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1067261

Capture.JPG

It is a common stereotype.  There is truth in every stereotype, but doesnt apply to everyone - I know that, you know that.

But I just wanted to be clear in saying I am not saying anything derogatory about you, at all.

Also, to be perfectly honest, since I have started the car-buying process, I have veered away from Infiniti.  IMO, Lexus is better, I am also looking @ MB & Audi....and thinking about cashing in my Z-plan serial number for an F150.
But, I dont buy a car that I think is an extension of myself, I try to make a smart purchase, that has some things that I want in a car: nice ride, nice interior, looks nice, reliable, and with a little power.  (not a lot, I know what will happen if I got something with power, I blew up 1 sports car by missing 4th and hitting 2nd @ 110mph, and I drove a GT-R for 2 years.  I am like a kid in a candy store if I get something real fast.

So - just wanted to reiterate that I, in no way, think you to be trashy, dirty, or unsuccessful.

And - yes, if we were in real life, I'd buy everyone a round and we could talk smack in a friendly manner.

Now, there are other threads were the hair on the back of my neck stands up and I come in with both guns blazing looking for earlobes to make a necklace out of - but its not this one... :)

You sir, have a good weekend as well.