Nvidia GTX 1080 & 1070 EVGA Cards Reportedly Catching Fire & Dying Due To VRMs Overheating

Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-1070-EVGA-FTW-VRMs-Ca

A devastating issue plaguing Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 cards from EVGA causing them to burn out and die has been discovered. This came about after reports of EVGA ACX GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 cards suddenly going up in smoke started to pile up over the past week.

Hundreds of GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 owners have come out on EVGA’s forum ( #1, #2), the Nvidia ( #1, #2 ), Build A PC & PC Master Race subreddits to describe their shock as they saw their graphics cards literally go up in flames.
One user reported his computer suddenly shutting down with a bright orange flame gushing out of his graphics card. While another reported seeing sparks followed by the screen suddenly turning black in the middle of a gaming session with foul smelling chemical smoke subsequently pouring out of his machine.

Source: http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-1070-evga-cards-dying/ 

3 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Samsung chips....  sorry, had to.

You're not the first one to say that - someone else on a different forum said the same thing.

As I said on another forum I generally buy stuff that is one generation behind from the latest, then that way I know that I am getting something that is decent and won't catch fire :) 

3 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Samsung chips....  sorry, had to.

Beat me to it! :D

Spoiler

a9Yo4KL_460sv.gif

^Sorry, I really had to post that!

But really that sucks, I did not buy EVGA, I was almost ready to, but the Asus has better specs, so I ended up buying Asus instead.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Beat me to it! :D

Hide contents

a9Yo4KL_460sv.gif

^Sorry, I really had to post that!

But really that sucks, I did not buy EVGA, I was almost ready to, but the Asus has better specs, so I ended up buying Asus instead.

I also buy ASUS too, used to be with gigabyte till my last motherboard started acting up.

Every card I have owned in the past 10 years has been eVGA.
I was thinking of getting rid of my current and getting a 10x0 card - guess its time to switch to ASUS like you all

• Like 2